Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello.

I am a visually impared person unnable to read normal text, and I use a screen reader with speech synthesis on the pc.

I bought Power dvd 5 and have been using it for a good few years, and found it most compatible with my screen reading program (hal, from www.dolphin.co.uk).

I have however recently bought a set of 5.1 surround sound speakers, and thus would very much like full dolby support, however, I find my power dvd 5 is vastly out of date and needs updating.

This would be fine, accept I wasn't certain whether the new version, --- being so much newer than power dvd 5, would work with my access technology, so I downloaded a free trial.

Hal, only functions with the osker skin of power dvd 5, and thus I was looking for this in the demo of ten, and by mistake set it on cinema mode. Now however, there are no menuess, buttons or anything else which I can interact with, and obviously i don't want to reinstall the demo.

Is there a way to initialize the settings, so that I can try properly?

I've very much enjoyed power dvd 5, especially sinse I have no troubles finding controls (as I would with a standard dvd player attached to a tv), sinse Hal will read buttons, menues etc. I would love to get the better playback quality of ten, particularly in matter of sound features and picture clarity, so I hope this is resolvable to the point where my access technology can function as well with 10, as it always has with five.

Btw, I'm afraid that sinse the technical support form required an image verrification code which certainly is not! compatible with hal, I had to post this here.

I'd very much appreciate it forwarding to the right person if it's in the wrong place.

All the best,

luke Hewitt.
Go to: