Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I hope I don't have to do that. My problem started when I installed a Radeon card, too. Maybe it's some driver conflict, but I'm not sure how to go about resolving it.

That's when my problem happened too. I tried everything and nothing worked.
Quote: I have the same problem. Did anyone find a fix??

I never did find a fix, only when I reinstalled Windows did it work again.
Please help? Iv'e spent hundreds of $ with Cyberlink and I want to continue to use their products.
Quote:

search for the eventlog of PDVD and save it and upload here - thanks

Please also disable the Virutal ISO Drive - there are some apps that cause such issue.

Br
Michael

Nope there are no other versions of PowerDVD installed just 10 and iv'e done everything on the link you gave me.

Here's the crash log:

Faulting application name: PowerDVD10.exe, version: 10.0.2325.0, time stamp: 0x4ced3d30
Faulting module name: RTLCPAPI.dll, version: 1.0.2.4, time stamp: 0x49f5896f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00007a07
Faulting process id: 0x410
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbbc0b5318ee20
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RTCOM\RTLCPAPI.dll
Report Id: 93441d30-27fe-11e0-96ba-005056c00008
Quote: Hi,

Did you try to use the cleaner tool before re-installing?

btw - did the application ask for the CD-KEy or is it crashing before?

Please post your DXDIAG as attachement.

BR
Michael

Yes I used the cleaner tool, after that I installed the trial and tried to run it.
And no it doesn't ask for the CD key and here's a video to what it does: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi7ZmRAC-rI
so you are using the latest PowerDVD 10 trial version - not a full version, right?

Br
Michael

I own the full version but I uninstalled it because it kept crashing.
I am now trying to get the trial to install and run successfully but it's not going well.
And yes I'm using the latest version, I downloaded it today.

there is no such file.
did you completely remove the NVIDIA Drivers?

you may refer to this posting - and try the re-installation.

Please let me know if this can work on your end.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Greetings
Michael

Hi Michael.

I did follow those instructions, and it still crashes on startup.

Here's a list of the things I was asked to list on the link you gave me:
PowerDVD Trial Verison = yes
PowerDVD SR Number = Can't open it
PowerDVD TR Number = can't open it
Operating System =x64
Do you use administrator or restricted user account? = Administrator
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW? = Online purchase
Used VGA = AMD Radeon 6850
Used VGA driver version = AMD Catalyst 10.12
Used Audio device = VIA Vinyl
Used Audio device driver version = 6.0.1.7600
The Audio setting in PowerDVD and in OS = PowerDVD set up to use VIA Vinyl and so is Windows 7
Used ODD drive = HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH08LS10 Firmware version 2.0
Used Display(s) = BenQ 1080p display
Which kind of display connection = DVI
Are you using single or dual monitor environment = Single
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using = Avast Antivirus 5
The detailed issue description = Seconds after starting it, the program pops up a message saying it stopped working, it never used to do this. I recently installed a Radeon card over my Nvidia one and made sure I uninstalled all of it's drivers before I installed the Radeon card.
PowerDVD 10 has just started to behave funny after I changed graphics cards from 2 GTX470's to a Radeon 6850 (downgraded because cards were too hot)
I need to know where the configuration file for PowerDVD 10 is so I can delete it, hopefully allowing PDVD to reconfigure it's settings according to the new GPU.
Okay i fixed it!

I did this:

First, i ran the installer to find out which key was giving me the problems, turns out it was a security issue in registry.
After this, i ran regedit.

Step 2: I searched for the key, which is in my above post, and found this it but it was locked for some reason, i right clicked it (and got warnings about it being locked and stuff) and clicked permissions, went to the security tab and clicked advanced.

Then i clicked Owner, clicked "Other users or Groups...", Clicked Advanced, clicked "Find now" and selected my account from the list.

Clicked ok twice, and the name was in the list, i clicked apply, then clicked on the "Auditing" tab and did the exact same, then permissions filled with account names so i applied "Full control" to my account name and it worked!

sorry if the above instructions (or story) aren't very helpful.

Thread with similar instructions: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/windowssecurity/thread/dc4b243f-c84a-43ec-8b75-fe2cef2656ac/
Hey well iv'e run into a pretty big problem and now can't install any patches for PowerDVD 10.

It starts having problems at "Updating component registry" and gets stuck at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD10\RFCom.ini" with the following error:

"Error 1402.Could not open key:
UNKNOWN\Components]95993B6958792283A526B94B781CF2F9\A7870
2C820477AF4FB52E6750539F0CD. Verify that you have sufficient access
to that key, or contact your support personnel."

Then it goes on to:

"Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation.

Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information."

Please help! Iv'e tried:
Uninstalling PowerDVD 10
Uninstalling it with "Windows Install Cleanup"
Installing PowerDVD 9 over 7, Installing PowerDVD 10 over 9
Uninstalled all PowerDVD products and reinstalling
Cleaned registry before AND after installing/Reinstalling PowerDVD (all of them)
Returning CPU clock speeds to normal and even underclocking to 1.2GHz

I have no standalone installer for PowerDVD 10, just the "upgrade from PowerDVD 9 Ultra" CD and Downloaded file (CD i ordered)

Specs:
Corsair X128 SSD (Windows and Cyberlink products installed to)
AMD Phenom II X4 955BE OC 3.6GHz
GTX470 + GTX285 (For physx+CUDA)
ANTEC 1200
ANTEC TruePower Quattro 1000W
Edit: Fixed! i managed to finish the download, it let me try a second time!
Go to: