Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
nuttin like reviving a 2 year old dead thread lmao. use dvdfab!!!
just installed a new drive, to me, lg ch08ls10 & after i played a movie with powerdvd it offered an update, so i installed without hesitation. after reboot, could NOT play a movie, sd or bd!!! so went directly to cyberlink for updates for my drive http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/oem/lg/win7/enu/key.jsp downloaded the powerdvd update & it installed v8, still would NOT play. wound up having to uninstall the whole piece of crap & reinstall & ignore update requests. only response from tech support is to buy their upgrade to v9! they've got to be kidding! if i spend any more $, it'll be for another product & not theirs!!!
http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/oem/lg/win7/enu/key.jsp
that's the link to the windows 7 compatibility update for powerdvd 7.3 which i just installed & it updated pdvd to v8 which then none of my movies will play. the update for powerdirector failed completey saying my optical drive wasn't the right model# but it was lg's website that linked me to cyberlink update in the first place!! so i had to uninstall the whole suite & install again just to play a movie. i ain't installing no more updates cuz it works fine with my w7 64 bit home prem & i ain't paying any more $ for a product that has so many issues. that's cyberlink's standard response, upgrade to powerdvd 9 ultra & it will solve everything lmao. gag!
ask ur ? on majorgeeks.com forum.
power2go is installed on my new hp e9240f & when i first got it last Wed, it would play a movie i burned using dvdfab fine, now it won't play any movie. when i insert a dvd, one i made or store bought, not blu ray, it opens hp's mediasmartdvd & says disc is in drive press play to watch, i do that & nothing happens. what's going on with this software?? had this same problem with a computer i just sent back to hp 3 wks ago; this is the replacement & everything else works just fine. i have a 25" hdmi monitor & would like to enjoy movies using cyberlink, but apparently not. windows media player & media center play dvds fine, just not power2go or the dvdsuite deluxe by hp. any help is much appreciated!!
Go to: