Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
On the AMD website, the 4200 specifications include:

◾ATI Avivo™ HD Video and Display Platform2 ◦Dedicated unified video decoder (UVD 2) for H.264/AVC and VC-1 video formats •High definition (HD) playback of both Blu-ray and HD DVD formats3

◦Hardware MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and DivX video decode acceleration •Motion compensation and IDCT

◦MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, WMV9, VC-1, and H.264/AVC encoding and transcoding

When you try to produce a video file by going to the Produce tab, selecting H.264/AVC, and selecting the AVC 1920x1080/60i (16Mps) profile, is the Hardware Video Encoder option enabled? If it's not enabled, can you use your mouse to enable it? Or is that option greyed out?

I had a lot of trouble with the Hardware Video Encoder option. Just after installing the trial, I was able to produce with that option. Later that option was permanently greyed out. I had to uninstall the trial and uninstall the AMD Catalyst software and then install both again before that option was enabled again.
I had a lot of serious problems with the trial version 12.0.2109 installed on Windows 8 64-bit with AMD Catalyst 13.9 or 13.1. After several installation attempts, I finally installed the trial version using Windows 7 Compatibility Mode. That seems to have cleared up the problems I was having:

Program freezing and locking computer. Reboot required.
Loss of ability to use Hardware Acceleration.
Almost impossible to edit.
Uninstalling PDR12 also required uninstalling AMD Catalyst. PDR12 corrupted the AMD system in some way.

So if you are having any of these problems and have Windows 8 and AMD Catalyst installed, then you might want to try installing the trial with compatibility mode set to Windows 7 on the installation file (.exe).
There's another effect, NewBlue Colorize, that creates the effect of a black and white image that has been colorized. The effect is under NewBlue Art Effects. You can have up to 3 colors, so for red, just make all 3 choices red. The effect has a Help button with more information.

Make sure to also try the NewBlue Duochrome effect.

The NewBlue Art Effects come with PowerDirector 11 Ultra.
This is one thing I could find about the GTX 780 supported resolutions:

1 - 4096x2160 resolution supported through a single HDMI connector. 4096x2160 resolution is not supported with two DVI connectors.
It is really bad taste to mention non Cyberlink products on this forum. I won't be surprised if this thread doesn't get locked, but it should.
Just the screen shots. None of the other information he asked for in the second post in this thread.
You still haven't provided all the information Dafydd asked for, so there's really not much more we can do. Still, don't use SVRT for that project. Maybe even turn off all graphics acceleration in Preferences.
Alex, in the meantime, do not use SVRT for that project, as there is no point to it. Practically nothing on the tmeline will utilize SVRT. Try the Intel Quick Sync option instead. Using SVRT could be the problem.
It seems that PowerDirector 11 "Audio Normalize" will try to match the volume of each of the selected audio clips to the clip with the lowest volume. After that, if you need to adjust the overall volume of a track, you can do that in the Audio Mixing Room (F9).

Audio Normalize will have the effect of compressing the dynamic range, which for the most part makes it easier to listen to on TV. You won't need to adjust the volume on the remote control constantly when going back and forth between the loudest parts and the quietest parts.

CORRECTION: Before using the mixing room to adjust the volume of a track, you need to save that audio track to a file if there are more than one audio clips on the track. When moving the mixing slider, only the clip with the timeline pointer over it is affected, while the other clips on the same track are unaffected. I guess I learned something new. I thought that all the clips on the track were affected. AudioDirector is probably what you need to handle numerous clips on a track at once.
Rob1492,

Try dragging the effect to the "Effect" track instead of directly onto the clip. How does it play back then?

Xerox.
Unfortunately, some of the effects in those versions have bugs. Any of the effects where transparency is involved don't work. The thing to do is install those older versions first, then install the latest versions. The XML files from the old versions will be used by the new versions.

This topic has come up before many months ago in this forum, I think shortly after PowerDirector 11 was released.
I think some of us here shamed NewBlue into doing something. Those f---s. They don't even test their software.
I'm not watching a video that I know was recorded at only 15 frames per second.
I never heard back from NewBlue since submitting a support ticket.

I was able to create a NewBlue_Plugin_ColorFast_ENU.xml file with most of the controls and parameters mapped. This is the file that is suppose to be created on-the-fly when you install Colorfast.

The file goes in this folder on my machine, and the file is for English installations.

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\PlugIn\NewBlue

I find that using Colorfast in Cyberlink is best done in keyframe mode where the controls are logically grouped together.

I lost the Essential and Premium contents (only have Ultra so I don't have the other packs). I uninstalled those content packs and then installed them again.

When I tried to uninstall them the first time, I got an error message that SKRSet.xlm was missing, and the uninstall quit. I found the content pack install files in my Downloads folder and unzipped them to their own folder using 7z.exe. There is a Setup folder and within that somewhere is the SKRSet.xlm file. I copied the SKRSet.xlm file from each content pack's Setup folder to the Installshield folder.

Premium SKRSet.xlm goes here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{37672760-7930-4911-9685-227E29AE2C55}\Setup

Essential SKRSet.xlm goes here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{03AD770A-1530-437E-967F-ADD4E5B23164}\Setup

After that I was able to completely uninstall the packs so I could install them again.

I'm not sure how I lost both SKRSet.xlm files or why the contents weren't in the various Cyberlink content folders.
Tony, I have submitted a support ticket to NewBlue.

Jean-Paul, I see the same thing that you do. That is because of a missing file NewBlue forgot to create. We will have to wait for NewBlue to issue a correction.
My last post is in error. I was actually looking at the XML file for VideoEssentials 2.

What is wrong with Colorfast is that there isn't an XML file at all. This XML file would map the names of the parameters.

In addition to finding that, I can see that Video Essentials 1 thru 4 have problems with the XML files that are created during installation. It's like the programmer failed to write out the last buffer full of data. Each of the XML files is missing some data at the end of the files. I have to go back to version 120817 to find a good install of the XML files.

The XML files will have this naming convention: NewBlue_PlugIn_VideoEssentials2_ENU.xml

There are some other XML files, but those aren't the ones I'm talking about.

The XML files are not correctly completed at the end. Missing a couple of closing <stringGroup> things. Sorry, but have to leave.
It's in there listed under "Visual" effects as IDS_DSP_Vi_NEWBLUE_...

You won't be able to use the effect like it is. You can't tell which parameter is which as they all begin IDS_Vi_Param_NEWBLUE_C
Hi Jerry,

Since your blurb doesn't help PowerDirector customers use PowerDirector 11, I am locking this thread -- in theory.
Go to: