Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does anyone know if there are any settings within Power Director 7 to prevent (or at least slow down) people from copying a DVD?

I'm working on an educational video and the instructor I filmed would like to explore this possibilty.

Many thanks,

Derek
I'm still here :.

I just am not able to check e-mail often.

I burned it straight from Power Director, not from a folder.

My friend's Mac Support guy, seems to think it might be the DVD reader on my friend's Mac because it works on his Mac.

Anyway, thanks for the help. If nothing else, it has given me ways to think about the problem.

Thanks again,
Derek
Is there any kind of flag that I need to set in order to make the DVD produced in Power Director readable on a Mac? He has a Mac G9 and is running Mac 10.4.11, which is Leopard with a good amount of memory.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

I'm able to read it fine on my PC and it works in my DVD player attached to the television.

Thanks,
Derek
Thanks for your fast response Adrian!

I now 'get' what is going on, and between the packing option and your detailed explanation of how the .pds file works (in the discussion link you sent), I'm comfortable moving forward with a good backup/portability strategy for my project.

I been reading through a lot of postings and watching the you tube videos as well; all are very helpful.

Looking forward to learning more.

Thanks again,
Derek
I'm happy to see this thread as I'm beginning to edit 6 weeks of lecture and I have a LOT of footage. This is my first video project and I could use some help.

Could someone please spell out exactly how to 'pack' a project so that it can be moved to and external drive?

Could someone also please spell out exactly how to 'unpack' a project in case their needs to be reediting?

I'm also curious why the .pds file gets locked into this original source location. Why can't you just browse to a different location for the source file when launching the .pds from a different location? This seems like a limitation.

Thanks for your help.
Go to: