Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
does this also fix the full screen issue??
Issue 2 is solvable by disabling the audio device and then re-enabling it again in the OS. Not a good solution, but the only way to get sound enabled again.

System:
Audio: SigmaTel (now IDT) STAC9200 HD
There are 2 CRITICAL flaws with PowerDVD 10. They are so bad in fact that I went back to version 9 until these are fixed.

Issue 1: When watching a DVD or a DVD from disk you CANNOT always enter into true full screen mode when you want. It is hit and miss. Most likely you won't be able get into full screen mode. You will still have the playback scroll bar at the bottom of your screen and it will not go away.

Full screen is only guaranteed enterable when watching media files (mpg, avi, mkv, etc).

Issue 2: After about 5 minutes of watching media files (mpg, avi, mkv, etc) Audio is DEAD. I have NO AUDIO when viewing media files.

Audio ONLY works with DVD and DVD from disk files. Closing and starting the program does not help. If I reinstall the audio comes back for 5 min again and then dies.

ALSO, MP3 playing does not work, the program will report the file format is not supported. I saw someone else complaining about this too.

Re-installing doesn't fix anything.

I have NO 3rd party codecs like ffdshow or divx installed.

Version 9 works like a charm. Version 10 is garbage, so save your money.

Cyberlink, get your act together, seriously!
hmmm, i installed build 2521 on a laptop with a Sigmtec audio chip (Dell M1710 laptop) updating from build 2217, after the update, the "speaker environment" only shows SPDIF and the other choice is blank.

Something is very wrong with 2521, because when I wentr back to build 2217 all my original speaker choices are back, i will certainly stick with 2217 for now
Go to: