Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I would visit Nvidia driver downloads page, make sure you have the latest drivers. Also your primary and extended display should be HDCP compliant. Also your screen resolution newer video card software recommend what type of resolution is best for each monitor. Make sure you follow "recommended". Also check PowerDVD that Hardware Acceleration is enabled. That check mark is very important.
Maybe before making changes you could try playing BluRay on your primary slowly following these steps.
then once primary works go to extended and follow same procedure.

heres the drivers your looking for by the way http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-winxp-x32-197.90-whql-driver.html

GOOD LUCK
I can almost guarantee the problems to have with powerdvd, you will not have with Arcsoft TotalMedia. For example: x-files (I want to believe) will not play regardless the type of video card you have it will not work. Unless you have AnyDVD, it will either freeze or give you the BD Advisor bullsh_t msg. As for TotalMedia just pop in the blueray and viola...
Power DVD Sucks use Arcsoft TotalMedia 3
BIG SUGGESTION try using Arcsoft TotalMedia 3 POWERDVD SUCKS
hmmm do you use avivo.....if so are your settings set to use application settings or do you have it set manually. if you have it set to use app settings than in the "Avivo Video" + drop down there is something that says all settings on your left pane, on your right pane you should see a check box for "windows media acceleration" make sure that it is checked if it is not then i would have to say your pretty much out of luck.

Also check to see that your settings in powerdvd are checked off where it says enable hardware acceleration. Some people prefer not to but in your case i think you should.
you know what i dont know what the problem is exactly but ill tell you i had the exact same problem i updated my vid card my powerdvd i changed settings and nothing eventually i ended screwing my computer somehow donw the line my dvd drives disapeared and my keyboard and mouse stopped working lol

solution

i formatted and re installed everything with the latest updates, and i am now working fine..

i hate formatting and re installing it takes up so much time but it worked for me... you got nothing to loose
I assume you have a ATI video card update your card visit www.ati.com latest version 9.4 i had a similar problem everytime id play my blurray movies it would just display a white screen.
I dont seem to have any major problems, Id have to say im pretty happy the way im running. The reason for my post is id like to know if playback works with blueray, like i mean has anyone actually got it working?
I can resume playback when playing DVD's but not Blueray.

I got a ATI HD3200 onboard video card, I just recently updated it. v 9.4 and to be honest it fixed alot of my problems but this resume playback just isnt happening for me.

For those of you who have a ATI card and are having issues with your display or system crashing visit www.ati.com, Try updating your Video Card it helps trust me. Alot of the problems posted on the forum seem to be the lack of an important update with your video card.
You mentioned like six types of different configurations, and im not sure what you've tried but i remember having a similar problem with just one movie "Dark Knight" I increased the resolution and all worked fine, try it, also check your powerdvd settings, there should be a setting somewhere in the advanced tab, this option only apears while playing the movie. it asks if you want to preview the movie in like 5 different qualities "select best quality" <<< this will probably only work with your ATI cards though i dont know about NVidia

I hope it all works well
download KMPlayer itll play MKV files
I think thats a part of your problem you said you updated your software with all the updates provided. the only update which works fine not perfectly at least for me is 2217a anything later will cause you nothing but grief.

what kind of system do you have anyway?
and how is your monitor hooked up via HDMI,DVI,VGA?
is your video HDMI compliant?
do you use AnyDVD?

So I guess I shouldnt do the update.. even though i have some minor playback issues...Im thinking of just following the old saying...If it works, then dont fix it..guys the most important thing is to get the blue ray movie to play.. lol Cyberlink whats going on dudes i dont wanna catagorize you as low as WINDVD lol They suck a_s...
Go to: