Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

I haven't used PD7 in a while actually. Mine is still on 2227. I don't even know what the current patch is - but when I looked a month ago anything over 2227 still broke Motion slideshows or effects with jerky behavior.

Thanks
I uinstalled PD7 and then deleted the digital copy I paid for (while waving my middle finger in the air). I'd like to thank Cyberlink for making a product so buggy and patched so bad that every project I made became a nightmare.

Then I manned up and bought the Adobe CS4 Creative Suite. Let me tell you - it's like going from a '76 Pinto to a Lotus. I've been going through video tutorials all day trying to catch up.

The main points for me are the seamless integration of the:
-Adobe Media Encoder
-Adobe Premier
-Adobe After Effects

I mean wow - you can have Premier and After Effects open at the same time updating a project section in one which will instantly update in the other project. It's just freaky. And the amount of control and coolness - so many things I had no idea I was missing.

For my last trick... I've been thinking about this for a long time. For the past few months every time Power Director 7 stops working, stops responding, or crashes, I've used screenshots and Fraps recordings to capture all those messages. My first Adobe project is going to be a "Power Director 7 sucks - SAVE YOUR MONEY" video which I will enjoy putting on Youtube and will list every single problem I've had with PD7. crash crash crash.

Cyberlink deserves to go out of business charging what it does for such a horrible product.

Bye Bye Bye... I won't be back! I pity all of you still using PD7.

I think the same thing. There are a lot of bug fixes in the 2519 patch. I'd really LOVE to be able to use it but I can't because Motion objects (motion slideshows or manual motion effects) is one of the best features of PD7.

Come on - it actually has been two full months since the 2519 patch was released and motion was broken.

Cyberlink should be ashamed. I used dozens of applications and the only one I have issues with is PD7.

POST EDITED BY MODERATOR

Well I figured it out although I'm not happy.

I've been working on a new project for about 8 hours so far. Apparently, at some point, something went wrong with the project file.

IF that file is opened, PD7 drag and drop breaks. Even if PD7 is closed and a new project is started, drag and drop is still broken. The only way to get drag and drop to start working again is to reboot my system. What the heck could be wrong in a project file that would break an application feature (even when closed and reopened with a new project), unless you reboot.

So, rework the entire project to get drag and drop back or re-create the entire project. AND, I still have hours of work left and dozens of AV files import.

I am so very very tired of how buggy PD7 is..... I'd love to use the newest patch with all those nice bug fixes but I can't because I actually need motion objects! My goal in life is to learn a new video editor before PD8 is released. I'm not giving Cyberlink any more of my money! It's just so damn time consuming to learn another video editor and there isn't much better to choose from in this price range.

The paid for version I have got me a 2227c version of PD7 Ultra. I recently build a new i7 system and everything was working fine. Except, PD7 was very unstable with HD files at that patch level (and Vista x64 - who knows).

I know I can't use the 2519 patch because it breaks motion effects and I use those a lot. I still had a copy of the 2429a patch, so I used that. It fixed most of the stability issues I have.

Although now I can not drag and drop media files into PD7 like I use to be able to. I have to import them (annoying).

I uninstalled PD7, deleted it's directory and reinstalled the 2227c install app I had. I still can't drag and drop!

Reg entry maybe??? Every time I think I get PD7 running good something else comes up that drives me nuts.
(Jumping from a Q6600 to a i7 920 with 6GB of DDR3 (2GBx3) - Fresh isntall of Vista x64 with the newest drivers for everything and all the Vista patches, including SP1)

PD7 (paid) 2227c installed and patch 2519 applied right after - totally fresh). I've tried re-installing from scratch 3 times now.

Every time I try to produce a video file (multiple types), for a split second a "not enough system memory" pops up and then several more windows pop up right after (attached screenshot). About 70% of my memory is free during this time, so obviously it's a bug and not a real running out of memory issue.

I have tried re-installing from scratch 3 times and my system is 100% stable (checked it with Memtest+ and Prime95 - no OC though).

I've run out of ideas. I've never had time to learn anything else as well as PD7. I keep swearing I'll never come back. I'd give my left nut to have invested my time in another video editor.

PS: Even though some things are much faster with PD7 on a Core i7, some things are still just as slow. There are so many bottlenecks in the code of this crappy software. Damn I'm so frustrated right now.

New Parts
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145224

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=GA-EX58-UD4P

Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115202

COOLER MASTER V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...%20master%20i7

I reinstalled PD7 from scratch, this time leaving it at 227 instead of using the newest patch.

Custom PIP's are working now. It either is that last patch or something randomly going wrong with the installation.

I have the exact same issue right now. I cannot create PIP's because the save feature never works. After the save, the category selection chances to something else, like PD7 is trying to change it to the "custom" folder (that never gets created). In the code of PD7 something is breaking before whatever lines are used to create that new "custom" folder which doesn't exist by default.

Now I used PD7 for a long time and never had this problem. Off the same install EXE it ran perfect before. This also happened before and after I applied the latest patch.

So - same install EXE and the patch your on doesn't matter. I'd assume we're done to some 'bug' that goes off when PD7 is installing???

As always - I really love this software. But, it is about the most buggy software I've ever used. It's frustrating as hell to use PD7 a lot of the time. It's been out long enough that if it was going to be fixed it would have already been. There's so many things so crappy about PD7. The sad thing is there's not much of any alternatives out there in the same price range that are much better.
The original post gave me a good laugh. When you get a free 30 day trial and you can see the forums before buying anything, what excuse is there to get all huffy. No one here owns Cyberlink stock.

Post Edited by Moderator, contents removed. Instruction from CyberLink. This forum is for PowerDirector and not rival products.

That's why your external drives should be eSATA drives. Hot on/off and full internal speed in an external drive. For those of you that don't know, eSATA uses a connector cable like a USB cable but the cable is a SATA cable and the port runs off your SATA controller. External drives are cool now.

My motherboard (ASUS P5Q Deluxe) came with one built in port that's part of the backplate connections. I'm pretty sure eSATA ports will become very standard soon.

This is my new external drive:
$119
750GB
USB 2.0 / Firewire / eSATA
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822154293

Yeah it appears sometime recently YouTube started scanning audio tracks looking for matches in a database. I would very much assume that the list of songs that get matched is going to grow to cover most popular music.

It's kind of sad really. If you're making a video for free amature entertainment, it would seem like you have to chance to expose people to music they've never heard which they might then go out and buy. As long as there's nothing commercial about a YouTube video it really seems like the record companies would make more money by allowing the exposure.

Maybe Smart Sounds will make some more money now.

I've seen the same thing. I try to avoid having anything else going on during a fade.
Read Away:
http://docs.cyberlink.com/multi/download/lang_kits.jsp?dl_id=609

Weddings - no. But, I have made several projects that go out to the 75 minute mark.

It's hit or miss really. Power Directory 7 can be buggy. The longer the project is, there's more chance of a crash or freeze (stops responding). For the most part, I've had really good luck with SD projects and good enough luck with HD projects.

There is a lot to like about Power Director, and there is a demo of course. There are also a lot of Youtube tutorial videos.

I'd guess you have an audio track or something going out beyond the master track. The video does'nt end until all of the tracks end.

That's a multi-display application. I guess Power Director was trying to access the second screen and glitched with that software?

I have a spare 22" LCD. I've always meant to hook it up to use as the preview monitor. I know have no idea if PD7 supports that though. I know Vegas 8 and Premier both do.

Oh heck, I always thought that was just a snapshot button.

What brain surgeon thought those two un-related things would make a good combo button?

Thanks
It's nice they put it in (The Youtube upload section). It just needs to be improved.

There should be no need for all the different formats. You should only need to choose which resolution you want to encode to. It's clear what file type works the best and it's pretty common knowlege that 8000Kbps doesn't kick in the Youtube re-encoders.

Maybe there's something I'm missing, but no one cares about file types or any of that other detail. Cyberlinks goal should be to make it so an average consumer can upload a perfect video to Youtube with only one simple choice: what resolution do you want?

Considering that HD camcorders are at the start of a boom (flash based starting to go below $500) and Youtube is in the middle of a massive boom, wouldn't you want to show off Power Director as a product that makes uploading a HD movie as simple as picking a resolution and clicking a button?

There's no preview quality settings in PD7 that I know of. I'd have to guess it's something specific to the media.

Does the same thing happen if you drop the included aquarium video in the timeline?

Have you produced your project to see if the final product looks the same as the preview?

The whole Youtube section needs an overhaul. The listed infromation doesn't even match Youtube as it is (example: it says the limit is 100MB but the limit is now 1GB).

There also needs to be a 720p non-interlaced high bit rate upload selection (MP4).

Go to: