Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Removing PDVD 17 solved the problem!!

It also reset the virtual_CDROM driver so I could install a new one.

Thanks man for pointing me in the right direction.

I wonder why the PDVD18 "upgrade" didn't remove the old PDVD17 version? Because this could be what caused the issue.

it should have.

did for me.
clone mode is supposed to be though.
Dual mode is not compatible with bluRay DRM
Its making use of either the Xvid or DivX codec now, you can change the quality from their related config tools.
Quote:
Quote: its more likely a problem with DivX, as a codec its utter garbage.

use Xvid instead. Not had a problem playing avi's at all in PDVD9

I have both Xvid and DivX codecs installed on my PC. Still can't see the video in PowerDVD 9, but can hear it. I thank you for the suggestion. This appears to be a problem with the updated programs that the older ones didn't have.

Daisy mentioned a bug. But I sure wish there was a real fix for it. Or I need to get my money back. I thank you for your feedback.

Open c:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\CLDShowX.ini (or where you installed the application)

change

8652BB68-F961-4027-9908-5652EBC2D3A9=CLSID_DIVXDECODER ;DivxDec

to

//8652BB68-F961-4027-9908-5652EBC2D3A9=CLSID_DIVXDECODER ;DivxDec
Have you got the VS2005 runtime installed?
update to catalyst 9.2
Quote: I can't believe this. BURIED on page 89 of the PowerDVD 9 manual, I discover that HDMI is supported ONLY on Vista, everyone's favorite Windows OS : So after ordering a special ATI HDMI card to use with PDVD 9, I now realize I cannot use it on WinXP, so I have to return the card and PDVD 9. What a total pain!

I can find NO reference of this on PDVD 9 marketing specs, requirements, etc. Clearly Cyberlink does not want customers to know of this rather major limitation.

Cyberlink, stop hiding information!

LOGIC FAIL? XP doesn't support the HD security features required to output HD sound and Video, on XP all protected HD media is downsampled to SD.
Vista supports Dx10 as a max version, but it also includes support for the basic installation of Dx9c.

It does not include any of the Dx9 components released since MSFT started releasing the bimonthly updates. These may be required for the operation of PowerDVD.
Quote: Just got a response from Cyberlink pertaining to the issues with PowerDVD Ultra 9. The response to all my qustions/issues with it, the response I got was "we have not checked it on our end, please check it on your end". WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???

My questions were:

- I have an HDMI soundcard (ASUS XONAR HDAV1.3) so why do I not see the HDMI option under the audio settings?
- the VMC interface locks up after stopping a movie and does not revert back to VMC
- setting the "start at beginning" works for the player but the VMC interface keeps resuming at the last point of where the movie was stopped...shouldnt this be one setting for all??

If this is what everyone complains about as far as support, now I see what you mean......POOR!

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/product/main.do?ProductId=1&Tab=4

read that page properly. Support will be added as cards are validated.
DivX sucks, use Xvid instead.
or don't be a dummy, and use a codec pack which includes all the filters...
Download the windows installer cleanup utility, and remove the PowerDVD 9 install info.

Re-run the installer and it will correct any problems.
If you are using Vista, its a display driver recovery. Check your drivers, hardware, and the memory configuration in the bios.
Suggest a repair installation, launching the installer via the Run As admin right click option.

check your system drivers as well.
its more likely a problem with DivX, as a codec its utter garbage.

use Xvid instead. Not had a problem playing avi's at all in PDVD9
Maybe you just fail epicly?

I've not had one problem at all, check your system configuration.
Go to: