Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have been using my Logitech c920 with youcam 9 for a while. I have just upgraded my webcam to tne new elgato facecam but it isn't showing up for me in you cam 9. I tried it with OBS and it recognises the facecam there, but when I open you cam and go to chose which webcam I want to use, the elgato facecam doesn't come up as an option.

Can anyone tell me why? Is it not compatable? If not why not?
so im only given four screen size resolution options in youcam 9.

they are;

320 x 240 (VERY LOW QUALITY)
640 X 480 (VERY LOW QUALITY)
1280 x 720 (GOOD QUALITY BUT THE FRAME LAGS AND FREEZES SO IT IS UNUSEABLE)
1280 X 1080 (seems to be snapshot only?)

is there any reason why this is happening?
my logitech c920 is able to support many many resolutions (800 x 600, 840 x 480, 960 x 720 etc) but none of these seem to be an option on my youcam 9.

can anyone explain?

thank you.
im confused what the difference is. one is a yearly subscription which works out way more expensive in the long run, but apart from that i cant quite workout what the differences are?

im aware that for youcam effects (skin smoothening etc) to work my resolution has to be 640 x 480 otherwise it LAGS badly. in this day and age the minimum i should be streaming at is 1280 x 720 so it is quite annoying............ does anyone know if perfectcam able to stream in HD?
Quote If I close the apps that I need to use with the camera I won´t be able to do my job.

I have reinstalled the Lastest Windows May 2020 update (Microsoft Windows [Versión 10.0.19041.508])

The Low Light Compensation feature is unchecked by default.

I don´t have the 800*600 capture resolution in the list, it shows me just:

640*360 (it works fine but with very low video quality)
640*480 (it works fine but with low video quality)
1280*720((it works with good video quality, but with 1 to 1.3 secs of video & audio lag)
1920*1080 (it works with the best video quality, but a nightmare of video & audio lag)

As you can imagine, even I have bought the official latest version of Youcam it doesn´t work as well I supposed it should be.

i have having the same issues and also using the same streamcam! The lagging is terrrible and it's not my laptop. It's a year old i7 hp envy. It's definitely the YouCam software. Also the screen resolution sizes have changed. I am offered the same 4 options as you. There used to be at least 10 sizes to chose from. One being 800 x 600 which used to work fine, now it's no longer an option. Can anyone tell me why this is?

I have a very expensive streamcam, an expensive powerful laptop and I'm getting a screen quality from the 1990's... someone help please !
Go to: