Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I think Effect Extractor.exe is in use see that it was installed recently here see picture.

For the case in question, it should be considered may be problem with Windows
Quote I have just purchased the DIrector Suite which has given me access to PowerDirector 16 from my previous PD15, as well as the various other updates to progs in the suite

I have 2 questions

1. Can I uninstall safely the old versions of all the programs that came with the old suite ?

An update is common, it automatically uninstalls the previous version.
If this has not happened, you can uninstall directly from Control Panel / Programs and Features.

2. I notice when right clicking on a film strip, and getting the Video / Image edit menu that Photo Director is greyed out and cannot be accessed. This happens if the item clicked is a film, or a still image.

In the timeline, you should highlight the image or video, to open the possible options for editing

In the case of PhotoDirector, open the application drag the photo's directly into it

It is installed however in the new suite of programs just purchased. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong

thanks
Andrew
Hi tomasc
I sent notification, and the video link to AMD.
Only accept suggestions or complaints.
No customer support, at least for that channel.

Support Cyberlink, not the answer for long.

The way I'm using I installed the latest update, and I reverse the video driver of the date that HA still works.

Unfortunately, this way, AMD software does not open or does not work.

I think the software changes for the better the resolution and quality of the monitor image.

Maybe I miss something in editing, but I prefer to rely on the HA the machine works lighter for editing and rendering.
Adding to what was shown.

To edit the audio directly on the wave
In PD16, press and hold the Ctrl key while moving directly on the audio line up or down by adjusting the volume.
Note that the white ball turns red when selected
Quote I regret a split I've put in my movie and want to erase it. Is it possible and how do I do that?

Adding to what Haiti showed.
You can select the two parts of the Split video, right click and select Combine.

You should consider that a simple split will not change anything after you produce a video.
New project - video that has audio in timeline
Video appears in two rows, video on top audio below however audio section says "video" as well as video portion above if that matters.
Right-click video - edit audio - WaveEditor
WaveEditor opens with audio
Edit audio (just applied EQ)
Click on "X"
Asked if I want to save changes.
I click yes.
Error message says "CyberLink WaveEditor cannot save the file".
Click ok.
Back to PowerDirector, audio changes not present.

I have plenty of hard drive space and not using an external drive.

Thanks so much for your reply. Don

My suggestion uses another video.

Can be sample, Kite Surfing.wmv

If you still have the error, reinstall PD16, maybe you can fix it.
Quote Hi All,

I am new to Powerdirector and i am trying to figure out how to remove the "Edited by Powerdirector" watermark which was placed on my videos when i was using the trial version.

I have now purchased the full version and cant seem to find an option anywhere to remove the watermark from my videos created using the trial version and also new videos i am creating.

Hope someone could help with this!

Thanks
Yusuf

If I remember correctly, when opening a project created in the trial version now that it has purchased and activated PD16, in the timeline you will see in the 5 sec. initials the text files, just delete these.
Quote Hi All,

I'm a newbie to PD. Any way to produce only checked (selected) tracks? Doesn't look like there is but I want to check.

I've got multiple video/audio tracks but I only want to convert selected (checked) tracks to final video (mp4).

I searched google and the forums but didn't find anything.

Thanks, Cheers,

Save selected track is easy

Deselect the tracks you do not want to save and go to Produce

see the image
Quote I have a problem with the audio track progressively getting out of sync when capturing an AVI video file.

I am producing MP4 videos from five dozen Video Hi8 tape cartridges. Typically, each video is two hours long. I capture the Hi8 video as an AVI file using Pinnacle Studio V14 software and MovieBox HD 510-USB analog-digital video converter connected via a composite R-W-Y video cable to a Sony Video Hi8 camcorder.

As the capture process continues, the audio track slowly starts to lag behind the video until by the end of the 2-hour video, the audio is behind by almost 5 seconds. There is no perceptible loss in video quality or audio fidelity – the audio is just a few seconds behind the video.

I have a few questions:

1) Why is the audio slowly losing sync (lagging behind) over the course of the video capture?

2) How can I avoid the problem or fix the problem in PowerDirector?

ISailor Guy

I can not believe the error was in the capture because it is done in real time.
In PD16 there are some ways to fix this.
1 - The easiest and fastest, stretching the audio to be the size of the video, can correct or not.
To do this, right click on the video and select Link / unlink Video and Audio.
Select only the audio by holding down the key, Ctrl, click on the final edge of the audio, drag to expand the audio and snap to the end of the video.

2 - Select the video, go to the Edit Audio, AudioEditor or WaveEditor button.
Make any, edit in the audio and close by (x) in the upper right corner, confirm.
This process, usually fix problems I think the best thing to do.
Quote I load my video - right click my video - edit audio - choose Wave Editor - make adjustments - how do I go back to PD with audio edits in place? I don't see a back button. When I manually close out of Wave Editor it asks me if I want to save my project - I choose yes - says it can not then goes back to PD without my audio edits in place. I'm new with this being my first project. Thanks, Don

Just close Wave Editor by (x) in the upper right corner.
Confirm, Yes
Quote There is only Fast Forward, by pressing Ctrl/F. This appears to give approximately 2 x normal speed.

Yes pressing (1 click) keys, Ctrl + F speed 2x.
(2 click) 4x / 3, 8x / 4, 16x if the PC has power for that, I think.
This app is old but it works here, I use all the time (S) to split and (D) to split and delete clip to the left.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14452.page
Quote Buongiorno a tutti,
la settimana scorsa ho regolarmente acquistato online il programma Power Director 16.
Ho fatto tutta la procedura di intallazione, la procedura di registrazione..
Consigli ?
Grazie.

See this topic. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63628.page#295685
But still, for example. When I want to put blur on small portion of image exactly in the middle of the mountain (as on attachment) it is impossible, because blur window too small.

I agree that the very small mask can not be moved.
The way I do, with the large mascara, line one side, then the other sides.
Quote You have made a good presentation of the problems that you encounter with the midrange amd graphics card and how you work around it. Here is a link to report this issue to AMD if you have not already done so: https://www.amdsurveys.com/se/5A1E27D27054B7A0 . There may be a page in Portuguese. In the meantime, you get the best quality using svrt and/or cpu rendering anyway.

Enjoyed the video ( Miss Junior Rio de Janeiro contestants dancing to the tune The New Girl In Town in English ) that followed in YouTube autoplay.

I sent it to support Cyberlink Ticket ID: CS001875140
Awaiting response, maybe they know the source of the problem.
I will follow your suggestion and send to AMD support again now with the video is easier to understand the problem.
Thanks for your reference to the Miss video. the name is great, the event is small, without much repercussion.
Quote Is there any way to put a 6 minute video for the menu background? The system keeps cutting it off at a minute and a half no matter what I try. I have PowerDirector 16 with the latest update.

I noticed that Creating a new menu (Modify) I can use a video to the background, to increase the viewing time I need to add a background music, with the time of the video
See if this works, I do not create menu on PD16
Quote Any auto word-wrap possible in title text? I seached in the forum for an answer but didn't find a clear answer. I'm using PD 16 latest version.

If there's no word-wrap, is there some work-around hack way to do it?

Thanks!

The way I do it, create text in Word or Notepad.
Copy and Paste into Title Desingner.
You can use the shortcut keys Ctrl + C (Copy) and Ctrl + V (Paste)
After updating new video drivers. AMD R9200 series
Enabling Harware Acceleration Causes Errors as Shown
Added fullhd videos in the timeline shows green screen.
When producing video with Preview enabled, Err.
When producing video with HA enabled, it locks PD16
Veja o video, https://youtu.be/HjfW2VJWD0k
Adding to what BarryTheCrab showed
To save part of the video clip
Select with yellow cursor then, button Produce Range
In the module Produce use Intelligent SVRT when it has 100% workl ... saved in the same original format, very fast.
To split part of the video manually use the Split button, see image
Quote I notice that whenever my video is done producing, there seems to be some kind of tint in the video and the video doesnt look the same on any of the media players as it does in Powerdirector. When editing, i get the video to look the way i want it to on there, but then it looks slightly different when finished producing. Ive tried using a couple different video editors and the video comes out looking the same as it did when using them, but with Powerdirector, it doesnt. I love using Powerdirector too because its very easy to use and work with. Does anyone else notice this with their videos when done producing?

Are you applying filters to correct color?
Tell us which filter (tool), to verify, also which format of the original video and which is saving in Produce.
Quote Hello all,
I produced a movie last night and all of my project files were erased after. All of my custom PIP and all of the project the media files were saved in a separate folder on my hard drive, all gone now...I used save as and auto save.... I'm going to create another project and produce again and see what happens..any advice for avoiding this in the future?
Thanks!

Check the following.
You should save the project in: File, Save Project As ...
To upgrade use File, Save Project
Do not use the Auto Save Project folder to save your master project.
In this folder, a copy of each project is automatically saved (backup)
If you have problems with your Project, use this copy.
These auto save projects are deleted automatically after 30 days

Check the folder you selected in, Preferences, File, Export folder.
There you save the files created from the Produce module.

The folder in, Preferences, File, Import folder.
Show where you should be, your videos etc ...
See the attached image.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/downloadAttach/23992.page
Go to: