Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I produced my first DVDs of home movies using PowerDirector 5. They play fine on several DVD players (one older one has a bit of trouble with it, but I can live with that) and the disc menu with the chapter buttons works fine.

However, once I have selected any chapter and the video begins to play, it is impossible to get back to the disc menu (by pressing the menu button on the remote). On some DVD players, trying to get back to the menu briefly shows a small red circle on the screen, indicating that option is not allowed, but on other DVD players there is not even that cue is visible.

If play continues to the end of the DVD, or if I skip or fast-forward to the end, the menu does reappear. However, it cannot be reached in the middle of the movie.

I could find no settings in PowerDirector to allow explicit menu access, nor references to this issue in the help system. Does anyone know of a way? Has anyone else seen this behavior? Does anyone know of a bug report on this issue?

I produced the videos on Windows XP Pro, with an Iomega super drive using TDK DVD+R media.

Thanks!
Go to: