Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am working with Power Director 15 and would like to know how to create a ghost effect by taking a family member photo and creating a ghost effect in some moving clouds. Would I have to go into Adobe Photo Shop to make the ghost effect or can I do it in power director 15?
I still haven't got a reply to my question about the video and title on the timeline and trying to keep everything in place when I open it up. Thanks
I sent in tuesday some problems I am having with the timeline in power director 12 ultra. But I haven't heard anything back yet with the questions I had. But the problems I am having with the timeline is when I go to put anything on the timeline and play it through then I go to save it and then go out of the program then try to bring it back from the folder where I have everything stored.

The only thing that comes out of the folder is the video only. I tried working on this 4 times and to no avail. I starting to beleive the program has a flaw in it. It just does not want to work like it is suppose to. Any help you can give will be appreciated.
I was finally able to get my video and subtitle straighted out on the timeline. I am working powerdirector 12 ultra So it will come on the screen with a black board to start then the video with a sub title over the video then a fade out to a nother black board. I saved everything I did. Then I closed out the program so when I came back into the program I wanted to see the whole thing come together.

Well what a surprise, everything I had put together was scattered across the time line. I put this thing together 4 times and each time I would come back into the time line it was still the same. I even changed the control speed. Every time I clicked on the end of the video and draged it back to the begining it still does the same thing each time I open the program.

I am starting to get a little discusted with this program I have made changes to the work I am doing according the the answers I have been getting from community form. I am begining to think that there is a flaw in the program. Why can't this work the way I finally got it set up? I will try it one more time and if it doesn't work I am dumping the program. Nothing seems to lock into place after I have worked so hard to get it to work right. Any help at this point will be appreciated. Thanks.
I am working in powerdirector 12 ultra and am trying to put a title in at the begining of the program . I click on the letter T on the left side of the page which brings up a bunch of backgrounds for a title, but I have a live video that I want to just add a title to and that is where I get stuck. I want to be able to type in the text and change font and color for the title. Is there a way to see it done step by step so I will know how it is done. thank you for any help you can give.
While working on Power Director 12 ultra I am putting a video together starting out by using a black board then using a short video then another black board this will be my introduction to the main video. Now what happened is that when I had a problem with the fade out into the last black board from the video the video itself went the whole length of the time line. I tried to shorten it back to it's original length but it didn't work. then I noticed that the vertical red line that sweeps across the time line was way too fast.

Now the question is how do I get the video and the vertical red line back to normal again? Thanks for any help you can give.
While working in power director 12 ultra I was putting a video intro. together starting out with a black color board then inserting a short video then fade out to another black color board. It will run about 5 seconds. now the problem I was having is the fade out into the 2nd black color board from the video then into the main program.Now what happened when I tried to correct the problem the video on the time line went the entire length of the time line.I tried to shorten it down to it's original length.

I noticed that the vertical red line that runs across the video in time line runs way too fast more than it should. How do I get it back to normal again? Thanks for any help youo can give.
Quote: Tobari2, the cable you are using will have a chip buried inside the USB connector to digitise the analog signals. This might need a specific device driver to work. Did you get a software CD with the cable?

No, the cable was just 3 RCA phone jacks on one end and a USB plug on the other end. Cord only. Neil suggested getting a Pinnacle Dazzle or K-Worlds capture device USB2861. I checked out both. The reviews on the K-World's wasen't too good. Is there a certain model number that would work with windows 7 but why would I need a nother driver to make this thing work. I would think that Power Director 12 would already have this installed. If not where can I get the drivers need for this attachment? thanks for your help.
Neil F. I did what you suggested about transferring a camcorder cassette to power director 12 ultra with a cable that has RCA phone jacks on one end and a USB connector at the other end with nothing in between. I clicked on Capture and the only icon that was highlighted was one that said capture from an external or optical device.

None of the other icons will light up they just stay gray I even clicked on the red icon to record and nothing this was done while the camcorder was running. Any suggestions?
Thanks Neil, the cable I was talking about was just a cable with RCA phone jacks on one end and USB connector on the other. There was nothing in between the video camera and the computer. Sorry if it was confusing.
Why can't I upload a video 8 cassette into the import section of power director 12 ultra and it doesn't show up on the screen? The cable I am using has phone jacks on one end and USB plug on the other. Thanks for your help.
I am using power director 12 ultra and I want to import video from a sony video camera video 8 I am using a phone jack on one end and a usb connedtor on the other end of the cable. I then open up the import on file section start the the camera but nothing shows up on the screen. Is there something else that has to be done to get a picture?
I am working on a video and I want to be able to Insert a live video of a person fishing and be able to insert it into the center of a fishing reel. Now the fishing reel will take up the whole frame so you don't see anything else around it. The reel will be a static shot for as long as need be the video of the special effect will last about 7 seconds.

I am working in power director 12 ultra. I didn't know if I would have to shoot the static shot of the reel for a given amount of time so the live shot of the fisherman would last just as long. Would this be some kind of a dissolve or what? I would like to know how. Hope this can be done. Thanks for any help you can give.
I am working with PD 12 ultra and I would like to know when you are working on a video and you are finished for one day but you have more to go how do you put what you have worked on back into the file on the C drive that contains your folder with all the information. Thanks for your help.
I sent in a question about how to save a file while working on a project in pd 12 ultra. I got one answer it wasn't very clear. Where in the pd users guide that came with the disk does it explain the process of saving the material you are working on? I am still having problems with bringing up the photos on the time line they are just being white vertical bars. What are the steps on saving the project you are working on. Thanks for your help.
I am working with pd 12 and I just put several photos together on the time line and then I went into save project as and put a title on the program. Then closed out power director then went back in to bring up the file. I clicked on open project under file section when it came up on the screen there was no pictures on the timeline they were all white vertical bars. No picture in the editing window either. The bar on the timeline was moving but you couldn't see no pictures. Why can't I bring up the program with all the pictures? I having a hard time finding the file too. Thanks for any help you can give me.
I am working with power director 12 and I would like to know how to create a file to store my videos in. What do I have to do in order to keep the videos I shoot and how do I retrieve the file in order to work on it. Thanks for any help you can give.
I am working on a video and I want to save it each time I shoot. Say if I shoot some video then put it into a file then come back later and add some more video what do I do in order to put this into a file each time I keep adding to the video? How do I go about making a file to store the video and how do I bring it back up each time to work with it? Thanks for any help you can give me.
I am using the power director 12 ultra program and I was wondering by using the Zoom H1 handy portable digital recorder for my sound My question is how do I sink the sound from the recorder to the video I have shot when I do the editing?
I am working in Power Director 12 ultra (64 bit) and I am trying to set the right speed for fast moving clouds. I have the clouds on the timeline and click on the power tools and set the video speed. I have taped the the clouds for 8 minutes but when I go to set the speed for fast moving it starts OK but about 2 seconds it starts to jerk it is not smooth and it seems no matter what speed I set it at it won't be smooth.

Should I tape the clouds for a longer time or is there a certain time that this is set for to make the clouds smoother? It seems that when I increase the speed the video on the timeline gets smaller till you can hardly see the video. Thanks for your help.
Go to: