Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote It sounds like your MP4 is corrupted and you'll need to research the various tools and techniques to try and recover it. SR4's editor is a pared-down version of the full PD18 editor so it's not surprising that it wouldn't work either.

Thanks, yes I noticed that when SR4 opened in edit mode it looked very much like PD18.

David
Update, I found a trial download of Screen Recorder 4, installed it and it cannot open my corrupted file
Screen Recorder 2 came free with PD18, I used it last night to record a Zoom meeting but the laptrop battery expired at the end of the session and closed down. On checking this morning I have the MP4 file it created but it will not open, not even in PD18. I have tried to recover it using Remo Movie Repair but no joy. I tried using the Edit facility in Screen Recorder but it states that the edit function is only available in Screen Recorder 4. I assume the recording was corrupted because I didn't stop the recording in the normal manner. I would consider buying SR4 but I don't know if it would be able to recover the MP4 file. Does anyone know if SR4 can recover a file that wasn't shut down correctly?

David
Well it looks like PD18 doesn't include this feature in AD so I will see if I can find a cheap copy of AD8 on eBay. For information I have been using PD12 for a long time now but decided to buy PD18 because it supportts 4k video which I can now shoot with a newly purchased drone. PD12 does actually allow insertion of the 4k video although editing of the file is somewhat "jerky" but I was able to edit it and produce an acceptable mp4 file. My initial impression of PD18 is that it is not much different to PD12 but I will have a better idea when I have put together some camera footage to make a dvd. One useful tool is the screen video capture but just a pity about the AD situation.

David

Can you describe a little bit more what "Audo Mix" capability is or a link that AD has it but not PD? You can obviously lengthen and/or shorten a soundtrack but that's not generally too advisable. Slowing down the recording lowers the pitch, speeding it up raises the pitch or basically creates the Chipmunk effect.

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Auto Remix fits soundtrack music to your video length. It can take any song, analyze it, and often convincingly shorten or lengthen it to fit with a video clip. It's a great feature for me because I make road trip dvd's of our holidays and add our own music tracks. In order to get a song to fit in with the length of the video I copy a portion of the original song and paste it onto the end thereby lengthening the original song ... the tricky bit is where to paste so that it blends in at the join which can be either an overwrite or crossfade.

I don't lengthen the original soundtrack, I just add a portion of the original to the original and create a sort of extended version. From what I read Auto Remix does this automatically, all you have to do is specify the length and it extends the original song by detecting beats and choosing an ideal place to extend.

Optodata
No I don't like or use smart sound I only like to use original songs. I can only find one You Tube video and this seems to suggest that it can only be achieved with Audio Director, I thought it was bundled wiith PD18 but looks like it is only bundled with PD19 and to buy it as a stand alone program is just too expensive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgBA8WG72f4

David
Hi
I have just purchased Powerdirector 18 ultimate, I thought it had the Auto Mix capability to lenghten soundtracks but I appear to be mistaken because from some further research it looks like I need to have AudioDirector, which seems to come bundled with 19 but not 18. I would appreciate it if someone could confirm that auto remix is or isn't available in PD18. Many thanks
David
Quote: Install "Update to build 2230 "

That worked fine, many thanks Dafydd

Regards

David
When I try to burn a dvd with PD12 I get the message

Error eC00C0005
Transcoding engines front end streaming error
could be cause by
File broken
File missing
Out of memory

The files are 2 MOV video files around 35mins in length in total, approx. 2gb size and trying to burn on to a 4.7gb dvd

I have been using PD9 up until now and I can burn the files to dvd without any problem in PD9

My version of PD12 has the following build / version no.:

Power Director Ultimate 12.0.2027.3
SR No. VDE130709-11

I see there are 3 updates available for download, I assume mine must be build 2027?

Update to Build 2109
Update to build 2209
Update to build 2230

Do I need to download and install all 3 updates and does anyone know if they will resolve my problem? The d/l for build 2109 seems huge

I have a new Sony Vaio laptop Windows 8 64 bit, 8gb ram increased swap files to additional 10 gb and inserted 64gb sd card as ready boost memory.

Thanks for any advice

David
aka Blue7
Dafydd

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am not sure what you mean by "the Guide" but take on board the point you make about Save As rather than just Save and overwriting the current project. The only issue I have with doing that is I tend to save quite regularly having learned my lesson not to save often in PD9 (and particularly Photoshop Elements 10), and I also have auto-save set to every 5 minutes in any case.

Carl

Many thanks for that information indicating how to deselect thumbnails on video clips ... I must have been tired last night because I searched all through the Preference section many times and don't know how I missed it

To bring you both up to speed I have uninstalled and reinstalled PD12 but have not installed something called "smart tunes" or disk 2 which is labelled "extra content" and furthermore I have not installed the updated digital version I downloaded as advised in the installation / update process. The result is a much faster program that is now working fine just as I had initially expected / hoped. Regardless, I will deselect thumbnails on the video timeline as they are pretty useless for my particular purposes and in any case it is difficult to discern differences between most of the thumbnail pix.

Thanks again to both of you for your time, fingers crossed that the program is now stable, once I have completed the video and burned it to dvd I will maybe install disk 2 again to see if it causes any problems.

Best regards

David
aka Blu7
Just purchased a brand new Sony Vaio laptop Windows 8 64 bit, 8gb ram increased swap files to additional 10 gb and inserted 64gb sd card as ready boost memory. I bought the laptop purely for video editing so PD12 and associated programs is the only program I have installed. I have downloaded the digital copy with updates and installed it. Up until now I have been using PD9 but purchased PD12 last week.

Progress has been going well with an HD video of around 2 hours long but I can't make any further progress because when I try to save any changes the program gets to either saving timeline data / thumbnails or titles (and there are no titles yet) and it freezes and W8 reports that it has stopped working and closes the program.

I have tried deselecting shadow files but no improvement. My gut feeling is that it is having difficulty displaying all the video thumbnail images on the timeline but I can't see any way of turning off the video timeline thumbnails.

I am very disappointed with this software and will try an uninstall and reinstall and if that doesn't work I will uninstall it and go back to either PD9 or the program I used before that Photoshop Elements 10
Go to: