Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Set your timeline aspect ratio to 16:9. Add your 9:16 videos. See this tutorial on using the blur background in place of the black bars: https://youtu.be/lYxhMW8tvOM . It is one one of many ways to do it.

Oh, this is perfect - Just what I was looking for! Thanks for your quick answer! I will take a look at your other YouTube videos after I finish this project.

Thanks again!
From an "old newbie" . . . I've kept my subscription for years, but haven't used it lately so I'm a little lost in trying to figure out some things.

I'm trying to do a simple slideshow with about 30 short video clips to be shown on a TV in a 16:9 size. All were made on a phone . . . some are 9:16 and some are 16:9. I want to make them all look uniform without distorting the 9:16 clips. How do I do this? I was thinking of creating some kind of blur background on the vertical clips so it's just not the ugly black bars. If so, how do I do that?

Need answer pretty quick - project is due in 2 days!

Thanks!
Thanks so much for all the tips and spreadsheet/table! It was really helpful but still left me undecided as to what to do regarding previous versions. I need to clean out some stuff on my hard drive as it's starting to get filled up and thought this would be a way to do it.

I guess I didn't think about not being able to open older projects in newer versions. I was planning on keeping the latest Suite Products (v6) just in case I didn't want to continue with the subscription after a year and it becomes disabled. However, I am liking all of the add on packs that are included on a monthly basis so I will decide when my year is up.

Again, thanks for the responses.
Cindy R
I have used PowerDirector for quite a while and in the past few years upgraded & updated to Director Suite & now Director Suite 365. I have several old versions of PowerDirector/PhotoDirector all the way back to version 11. At one point, you had to have the older version to get the upgrade price, but has that changed?

My question is . . . can I delete all of the old versions of the Cyberlink software and still retain all the add-on packs that are in the newest version? Also, is it a good idea to save my last Director Suite (v6) that I purchased in case I don't want to continue the subscription version?

Thanks,
Cindy
Is there a way to download multiple background music tracks and sound tracks at one time or do I have to select and download each one individually? I tried selected several at a time but when I clicked the download column it went back to only selecting one.

Thanks
Thank y'all for your quick responses!
How do I go about creating a "blurred circle" (for lack of a better term) so that you can't see/identify an object in a video clip? I need it to move around with the subject. I know there is a way to do it, but thought some brilliant mind on this forum would be able to explain an easy way to create this.

Thank you, Cindy R
Thanks for the information Steve & PIX!

I will try that. My husband, who is a veterinarian, said that the reason the colors are different is because the back of the dog's eye is different than humans. That's why they can see better at night, but sure makes for some strange pics!

Here are a couple of pics of my standard poodles - one with a flash and one without a flash. Unfortunately, since my poodles are black, a flash usually helps. Otherwise, most times all you can see is a black blob!

Again, thanks for the input!
Cindy

PS - Don't know if I sent these pics right. I was trying to insert & attach and don't know if either came thru. By the way, how do you insert pics into these form questions?
How do I go about removing the yellow-eye (as opposed to people red-eye) in my dog photos? Of course the red-eye removal feature doesn't work and I don't have the pet-eye removal feature on my camera or smart phone.

Any ideas?
I'm a long-time PowerDirector user but a real newbie to AudioDirector and audio in general (as far as adjusting audio and applying effects). The main reason I purchased AudioDirector was to have the ability to remove the vocals in songs so that it doesn't take away from my videos.

I have imported several songs and applied the vocal removal effect but I can still hear the vocals and this particular effect just seems to make the whole song real "tinny". What am I doing wrong? And what does instruction note within this effect mean that says "remove vocals in stereo music when vocal sounds are panned to center?"

Please help!
Cindy
Well . . .
1. I turned off my virus/firewall protection and still get the same message.
2. I left the virus/firewall protection on but added PD 11 to my exceptions to allow inbound and outbound connections but the message still pops up.

However, there are a few more .exe files in the PD11 program folder (UACAgent.exe is one) that are not on on my exception list and was wondering what they did and if they should be on my firewall exception list, too?

Internet Explorer 9 IS my default web browser and Panda Internet Security is my virus/firewall program.

Cindy
Hi Dafydd,

I've attached a screen shot. I wasn't sure how to insert it into this message so I hope you can see it.

This error occurs when:

1. I click on the "get more" tab in the Director Zone in the PiP, particle & title features.

2. When I click on any of the online sites in the Help menu in the right corner.

3. However, if I click on my name in the top right corner it takes me to my profile in DZ and I can then navigate to anything I want to download. But I don't think that is the way the program is supposed to work, is it?

Hope this isn't too confusing.
Cindy
Hi Dafydd,

Although it looks like the RichVideo issue was resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling PD 11, unfortunately the browser error remains.

Any more ideas?

Cindy
Yea! Thanks for the help. I didn't have any trouble uninstalling PD 11, then reinstalling using the PD 10 cd key. And so far, it seems to have fixed the "RichVideo Error."

I guess this is a lesson learned to keep at least the most recent version of a Cyberlink program when you upgrade in case one has to uninstall and reinstall an upgrade.

Thanks so much!
Cindy
Hi Dafydd,

I looked in my control panel and PD 11 must have uninstalled PD 10 so all that is listed in the control panel are the 2 content packs that came with PD 10. There is no PD 10 program to uninstall. Also, as I've continually "upgraded" my versions of PD (8-9-10), I'm concerned that if I do a completely clean uninstall and manually delete any folders that are leftover, then what happens when I try to install PD 11 and it's looking for a previously installed version since I purchased the "upgrade" version? And finally, I have several "builds" of PD 10. Can I just install the latest "build" version of PD 10 - is that a complete program or do I have to start from the initial PD 10 version and then install each new build until I have the most corrent? (I've always wondered that)

Thanks,
Cindy
I recently upgraded PowerDirector from v10 to v11, but this issue occurred in v10 as well. When I click on the program icon, a message comes up that says, "RichVideo is not installed on your system. Click OK to install RichVideo or cancel to quit Cyberlink PowerDirector."

I click OK to install RichVideo and the program works fine so I assume that I installed RichVideo (and don't need to install it again).

However, EACH TIME I open PowerDirector, I keep getting this same message.

How can I get this message to stop coming up each time I open PowerDirector?
I recently upgraded PowerDirector from v10 to v11, but this issue occurred in v10 as well. When I try to access directorzone or anything on the web within PowerDirector I get the message - "You're trying to use a feature that requires a web browser on this system. Install and enable a web browser on your PC and then try again."

I currently have Internet Explorer 9 and I am current with all updates. I have also tried disabling my virus software (doesn't help) and have also set my virus software to allow PowerDirector access through my firewall (doesn't help). How do I solve this problem?

PS - I also have PhotoDirector 4 and do not have any problems accessing DirectorZone through that program.
Thanks so much!

Now I know where all my downloaded files are. I never think to look in my public folder for things.

Cindy
I have way too many menu templates that I have downloaded over the years and I don't use most of them. Is there a way to delete all of the downloaded templates at once as opposed to right-clicking and deleting each on individually from the hard drive?

First, I tried to find a folder on my hard drive and delete them from there but couldn't find anything. Then, I left-clicked each one individually then pressed the delete key after it asked me if I wanted to remove it from the library. When I went back to edit, then back to create disc again, all of the ones I deleted were back which was very frustrating!

Anyone have a solution for me?

Thanks,
Cindy
Can someone explain to me how the edited photos are saved? Am I understanding that I can edit all I want in PhotoDirector but none are actually saved permanently until I export them? I see it gives me an option to overwrite the original image or rename it if I put it back in the original folder. Once I export it, what happens to all the adjustment history? Is that cleared or does stay? And what if I want to clear all of the adjustment history - is there a command for that?

Wish there was a video tutorial on this . . .

Cindy
Go to: