Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hey,

Thanks for your help. I started back at square one and was able to get it done. It was a Christmas video for my Church (the teens in the Church acted out the Christmas story).

Thanks for the clear and quick help. I've been saving backups of my pds files so hopefully I won't run into this problem again.

Shawn
Hi there,

I'm not sure there is. It's actually something I've really wanted as well... it would be nice to be able to separate the sound from a video.

I had to use AV Music Morpher Gold. It worked fairly well for me.

Shawn
Hey there,

I'm not sure about Cross-Fade, but Power Director 5 Premium has a Fade transition that might be what you're after. I use it a lot. Should be there in the list somewhere--although if I recall, the trial version didn't have Fade... if you don't have 5.0 Premium (just 5.0) it might not have the Fade transition--it would be too bad if it didn't.

I agree with you. PowerDirector is a great program. I've had some frustrations with limitations, but it's an unbelievably simple program to use and it does so much!

Hope you like using it!

Shawn
Hey, thanks.

That is a big help. I would rather have a way to fix the problem, but you're right, if I can't fix it I'd rather know right away.

I appreciate the help. I'll have to make sure I make multiple back-up copies in the future to avoid this and I'll plan on being more patient with the program (I'll try to wait till one thing's done before going on to the next).

Unfortunately, I'm short on RAM. I only have 512mb. I just recently bought more ram off of ebay, but the guy sent me faulty ram and I have to send it back and... ahhh... you know how it goes. I think more RAM would make a world of a difference for me.

Thanks for your help,

Shawn
HI there,

I've been working on a video for a while now and I need to finish it ASAP, but it suddenly started crashing on me. I then loaded it up, made a change, saved it immediately and I think it crashed half way through the save.

Now when I try to load the pds file it says, "File Broken."

Is there any way to rescue that pds file?

I have very little time left to finish this video, so if not I'll have to start back at the beginning.

Someone answer quick...

Thanks,

Shawn
Sorry about that... didn't give enough information.

I bought PowerDirector thinking it would be a good all in one application. After I bought it I found out that it doesn't really have good DVD producing features--all it does is burn a simple DVD.

Then I come to find out that I have to buy another program if I want to burn a DVD with menus (beyond the basic stuff that PowerDirector offers). It looks like I need PowerProducer as well as PowerDirector.

Anyway... just frustrating. Funds are a little tight right now so it's hard to buy PowerDirector only to find out it doesn't do all I thought it would, but I have to buy another program to make up for it.

Aside from that, I love PowerDirector. It's a great program!

Shawn

Thanks,

Sorry, I haven't been on the Cyberlink forum for a couple of days.

The back to menu function would certainly be nice. I would really like to put two separate videos on a DVD with PowerDirector 5 Premium as well, but it doesn't look like that'll happen.

I might have to suck it and buy PowerProducer. Short on cash at the moment...

Shawn
Thanks,

That's frustrating. I bought PowerDirector thinking it would be a good all-in-one video editor/producer.

I'm going to have to think about this. I really like PowerDirector. It's unbelievably easy to use and it does so much, but I hate to be limited on a feature like this. If I'm going to spend the money on another program I think I might just go look at what other software is available.

Thanks for all your help.

Shawn
Thanks,

I'm pretty disappointed that this feature is not available. I spent a long time trying to figure out which video editing software was right for me, but I didn't think about this option (I focused mainly on ease of use and editing options).

I'm not really sure what to do... if I'm going to spend the money to buy another program, I feel I'm better off buying another video editor that has this feature and have an all-in-one.

Thanks for your help, everyone.

Shawn
Hi there,

I think I keep asking questions in the wrong thread. I didn't scroll down far enough to see that there was a Power2Go area.

Anyway, I have the Power2Go Express version (the Freebie) and I can't get it to do anything other than VCD. Is that normal? I wouldn't mind doing DVD.

Thanks,

Shawn

I checked out that other thread, thanks.

I took a look at Power2Go/PowerProducer Express, but it looks like it only does VCDs. I guess I'll have to go without this feature.

I'm pretty frustrated with this... I'll either have to live without it or switch to another video editor.

Shawn
Bora,

Thanks for your answer.

Do you mean I need to buy PowerProducer in order to do this? I figured PowerDirector would be all I needed for Video Editing and Burning.

I know other Video Editing software does this. I was checking out Pinnacle and it does it.

To be honest, I don't have the cash to be buying all of Cyberlink's programs.

Any way at all to do something like this in PowerDirector?

Shawn
Hi there,

Just bought PowerDirector 5 Premium and I need some help. :

I would like to burn a DVD with a menu that offers two different movies. Is there a way to have a menu with two options for videos that are two separate, unconnected movies rather than chapters?

For example, a short 15 minute video presentation and a bloopers video--clicking the first one doesn't mean you'll end up watching the second when the first one is done.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Shawn
Go to: