Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: It is never a bother to me to read an entire topic, although I do misread them sometimes.

Not really relevant!
Can't be bothered to read the whole thread, if the question is does PD11 use multiple GPU's like in 2 video cards (SLI) as in using nVidia GPU's the answer is a resounding yes.

I have run my 2 x GTX460 in SLI with PD11 and can monitor GPU activity for both cards using AIDA64 and there is activity on both cards doing editing, rendering etc. with PD11, can't speak to the other brand cards.

If that wasn't the questing then sorry can't help
So you want somebody to tell you it's the fault of the program, it just doesn't work with over clocked hardware and obsolete operating systems!

Sorry I can't tell you that nearly 100% of users have little to no issues with the program, so maybe you need to share more about your system, post a DxDiag.txt, as per the sticky which I'm sure you have read.

Get a mindset that the problem is going to be with your setup and a path to recovery may be found.

Well seeing as how you have now lowered yourself to attacking the program and developers, maybe a few home truths are in order!

You'll note this is a peer user to user forum, here users try to assist each other as the developer, CL, does not frequent here.

We can't and won't help you with a refund, go to the CL main site and dash a note off to support.

You will also note the LACK of similar threads complaining about your issue, this is a fair indication that other users are not experiencing your issues and are happily using the program, based on this observation you can bet that it is something to do with YOUR system, OS or background running programs.

Now as a suggestion use the search box at the head of the forum to try to isolate other users who may have had similar problems and moved on to rectification.

You can rest assured the program WORKS across all platforms..........Oh except yours of course, good luck with the refund

The editing PD does is non distructive, that is your original clips are not altered in any way.

If you make cuts, splits add things and take things away, when you get to the final production phase, wether that be a disc or a file, only then will your final work be rendered as you intended it, the bits not wanted won't make it into production and those splits you have provided there are on the time time in the order you wanted them, then that's how it will be.

Suggest you take a bit of time to look at Dafydd tutorials at the head of the forum, he spent a lot of time doing them just for YOU
Quote: Well you could atleast try what I said, considering it's not PD it's NVidia causing the issue -.-

This was an early remedy for PD11 before the CL patch... not nVidia patch, the issue was caused due to CL and nVidia working with different CUDA versions.

Turning off the CUDA in the nVidia control panel simply stops PD11/10 using CUDA to assist in rendering. so the process will be slower than if using the assistance of the GPU.

Suit yourself, but I'd like all my hardware to be working, now as CL fixed this issue certainly with PD11 and my learned associate states PD10, and as all users who experienced the problem, me included, now don't have an issue with rendering or what nVidia drivers we use, why isn't the OPs' system working like ours?

I stand corrected
No PD10 is not like PD11 and you are only muddying the waters with your link.

PD11 has a patch, PD10 hasn't, the issue has been well researched and fixed in PD11, if a simular problem is occurying then it's due to a poor execution of the patch and upgrades or a system fault isolated to the users configuration and hardware.
I would suggest you pop off to the cyberlink download page and get the latest updates for PD11.

Then you can pop back here and tell us how it went after the update.

KevetS

As you seem to have the latest update and drivers, I'd suggest you try a fresh install because as you can see by the forum you are the only one having such problems it can therefore only be your system set up or hardware.

NO it's still there, just need to look

"2012-12-27

Updates PowerDirector 11 to build 2418
Installing this patch update adds support for editing GoPro HERO3 clips. For more detailed information, hover your mouse over the “i” icon on the right”."

Just what is your 'less than stellar' problem?

I have 2 monitors same resolution as yours and the second monitor works as it's meant too, it will only display what is on the preview screen main program, you cannot at this time use it for editing as a stand alone it will only be a clone of preview.

Subject to your lack of satisfaction a second card may be a wise investment or a waste of money!

David
Useful with PD11,
I can't recall how I got it, probably bought it! but having to convert a few videos across different platforms I found CL's MediaEspresso! the name probably put me off initially, anyway, highly recommend you give it a go for video conversions especially batch work, it has just been upgraded to MediaEspresso 6.7 build 3402

David
And is a sticky at the top of the forum by Dafydd! still another counter on the old posts can't be a bad thing
The advantage of NAS is as a backup off site or away from main box, further protection is if you have two drives you can operate raid which gives further protection in the event of one HDD failure.

In order to achieve this both HDD need to be same size or you will simple have an accumulative system ie. 500Gb + 1Tb = 1.5Tb

Raid 1Tb + 1Tb = 1Tb but data mirrored over 2 drives.

More modern Nas's offer connectivity between all your devices, server configuration and access over the web.

As to your other question too difficult to speculate as the speed of any device will be limited by other things such as motherboard, CPU etc

David
Quote: Thank you for sharing that - even you must concede that it was not quite as clear in the original post.

I am unsure as to what you are trying to achieve here, my purpose in posting was to thank Jeff publicly for his interesting post and to point out that there were indeed 2 parts to the question, one explicit and one implicit. You imply that you had private knowledge prior to his original post, yet you seem happy to allow (indeed some might say encourage) others to concentrate their answers on the explicit part of the question only.

Ah well, we must each get our excitement from somewhere, I suppose.

Perhaps I will echo the last line, above the signature, of this post
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/25826.page#140584

I am not sure comprehension is your strong suit! and I find nothing exciting in reading your posts.

To simplify the post for you, the OP asked a question pertaining to Games and PD11, I had answered this in a PM he sent me, then a contributor, stated that an i7 integrated GPU was the best for the OP, I disagreed as the issue of gaming was totally bypassed, and thus the thread started to get out of hand.
Subsequent posts have highlighted rendering times between integrated GPU and dedicated card although not the cards the OP was asking about.

My achievable goal is to simply provide the OP with either a satisfactory answer or a path where he can discover and answer for himself.

You trying to pull the post off topic does not assist the op in anyway.

David
Quote:
"which card would you recommend that is best for powerdirector 11, GTX680 OR AMD7979?"

Cheers
Adrian

Sorry can't let you have that the full question was:
i'm about to buy a new cpu and graphic card for editing and gaming.

which card would you recommend that is best for powerdirector 11, GTX680 OR AMD7979?

As I also received a PM from the OP before he posted I can tell you gaming was an equal requirement to PD11

David
Maybe Dafydd will let this post fly a bit!

The OP originally asked about a card for PD11 and GAMING....

True Intel Quicksync is and can keep up with the bigger cards in RENDERING with some programs.

However, computers do many things such as processing photographs, Audio, and editing, these functions require better than an integrated GPU to be done with speed and properly.

Now to the OPs' other requirement, GAMES the latest integrated GPUs' will play most games but at reduced resolution and settings.

This was advised in a previous link (anandtech last page) supplied and can again be seen here

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/127603-does-ivy-bridge-replace-discrete-video-cards-for-gaming

My view if you are only using a computer to render video using PD11, then you would be using a commercial rig to run your business.

David
The moderator will rightly close this thread for being OT - Off topic for PD11.

I have read your link and find nothing to compare dedicated card with integrated or help what the OP is asking other than this from your quoted thread

"Once again, Quick Sync's transcoding abilities are limited to applications like Media Espresso or ArcSoft's Media Converter—there's still no support in open source applications like Handbrake."

So enough from me

David
Quote: The driver issues are well documented in this forum. Just got to check the last few months. And I was under the assumption that it's common knowledge that QuickSync is faster than GPU rendering.

What part do you believe is incorrect?

Firstly the so called driver issued has been resolved long ago with a patch from cyberlink hardly supporting the claim that it was a nVidia issue.

Secondly I am not aware of any common knowledge about quicksync being faster than a dedicated high end card. Your option is simple to prove your point and provide accurate information to the OP.

Post here links to benchmarks or technical sources that prove your point, until then it is simply your opinion that cannot be supported.

David
Quote: Need to be more specific. Ideally an Ivy Bridge i7. Your CPU doesn't have Quick Sync.

I say again, provide credible technical backup for your assertion or withdraw your advice which is incorrect and misleading to the OP who is trying to find the best system for him to run PD11.

David
Quote: Intel Core i7 with onboard graphics (quicksync). There are too many issues with AMD and Nvidia GPUs and they are slower.

Unless you can back this up with some credible sources, you are pi**ing into a strong wind

David
Go to: