Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks, Hatti.

I'll try your recommended options.

Sailor Guy
I have a few thousand old 35mm slides scanned as 3200 dpi JPEG. These slides date back several decades and most of them have a blue tint to them.

Is there an automated way to use a color correction process to correct the tint?

Thanks,

Sailor Guy
I am a novice PhotoDirector user. I have several photos shot with a simple point-and-shoot camera that doesn't have a fill flash option. With a bright background, the foreground subjects are shrouded in darkness.

What steps can I take to adjust the exposure to light up the foreground subjects?

I have attached a few examples.

Thanks in advance,

Sailor Guy
I have a problem with the audio track progressively getting out of sync when capturing an AVI video file.

I am producing MP4 videos from five dozen Video Hi8 tape cartridges. Typically, each video is two hours long. I capture the Hi8 video as an AVI file using Pinnacle Studio V14 software and MovieBox HD 510-USB analog-digital video converter connected via a composite R-W-Y video cable to a Sony Video Hi8 camcorder.

As the capture process continues, the audio track slowly starts to lag behind the video until by the end of the 2-hour video, the audio is behind by almost 5 seconds. There is no perceptible loss in video quality or audio fidelity – the audio is just a few seconds behind the video.

I have a few questions:

1) Why is the audio slowly losing sync (lagging behind) over the course of the video capture?

2) How can I avoid the problem or fix the problem in PowerDirector?

I have not experimented much with editing audio tracks, but is there a way to simply “squeeze” or time compress the audio track just a small amount to get the audio to sync up with the video? Or is there a more sophisticated way to do it?

Here are the AVI capture and MP4 output specs:

AVI Capture (Input) Specs:

* Via Pinnacle Studio V14 software and MovieBox HD 510-USB ADVC and Sony Video Hi8 Camcorder using R-W-Y composite cable
* AVI file extension
* 720 x 480 (w x h)
* Aspect ratio: 4:3
* Data rate: 28857 kbps
* Total Bit Rate: 29881 kbps
* Frame rate: 29 frames/second
* Audio bit rate: 1024 kbps
* Channels: 2 (stereo)
* Audio sample rate: 32 kHz

MP4 Output specs:

* Profile Name: Hi8 (720 x 480) to MP4 (1920 x 1080) #1
* Cyberlink PowerDirector 16
* H.264 AVC format
* MP4 file extension
* Aspect ratio: 16:9
* Video
* Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (w x h)
* Frame rate: 29.97 frames/second
* Frame type: Progressive
* Profile type: High Profile
* Entropy coding: CABAC
* Rate control: Average bitrate: 3000 Kbps
* Advanced
* Speed/quality indicator: Quality mode
* Use deblocking - enabled
* Use dynamic GOP - enabled
* Audio
* Audio compression: AAC
* Audio channel: Stereo
* Audio compression rate: 128 Kbps

Thanks in advance for any guidance or feedback.

Sailor Guy
Barry,

Thanks for the info. That's what I thought. Bummer. It would be nice to be able to produce a video-only file.

SailorGuy
I have 72 AVI video files of captured 8 mm films. The 8 mm films are video only (from the 1950s-1970s) and have no audio.

I am editing and producing 640 x 480 MP4 video files and want to eliminate the audio track to reduce the file size.

Is there any way to produce an MP4 with no audio?

So far, in the audio profiles setup, I have to pick an audio compression (AAC), Stereo audio channel (no other choice), and I pick the smallest 64 Kbps audio compression rate.

But I'd like to eliminate the audio track in its entirety if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Sailor Guy
TomasC, thanks for the prompt response!

Where can I download a PDF version of the PowerDirector 16 User Guide?

The last version I have is for PD13 and I don't remember where I downloaded it from.

Thanks!

Sailor Guy
I have (72) 8mm film cartridges that have been converted to AVI video files.

On every video file, from start to finish, is a band of non-video border on both the left and right sides that I want to delete.

See the attached frame snapshot with the left and right bands highlighted.

Is there an easy way to trim or crop the entire video?

Thanks,

Sailor Guy
Thanks, David!

I didn't know you could display that summary information from the home page.

Good info to know!

Sailor Guy
I submitted a post a long time ago (probably back in Oct 2013). I normally save the URL to the post, but I apparently didn't this time around.

I've searched for different words I believe I put in the title but no luck.

Is there any way to see a list of all the posts I either submitted or replied to based on my Sailor Guy login?

I have searched for "Sailor Guy" but the search results only go back to 2014 and the post I'm looking for from 2013 (on cropping left/right side on 8mm video files) isn't showing up in the list.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sailor Guy
Is there a way to set the exact height and width dimensions of thumbnail images on DVD menu buttons?

I know I can grab and adjust the corners of the bounding box on each one, but it's very imprecise and I have difficulty making all of the thumbnails the exact same dimensions.

Is there a way to set a numerical value like "5 x 10" so I can guarantee every thumbnail is the same size?

Or is there a way to duplicate one menu button and thumbnail image "x" number of times so it copies the dimensions of the original source?

Thanks,

Sailor Guy
tomasc and ynotfish,

Thank you both for your guidance and efforts!

ynotfish, I have now used the background JPG you tracked down (how the heck did you do that so quickly?!?) to create my own custom menu with the right runtime duration for my background music. It works perfectly! See the attached screenshot of the DVD menu.

Thanks again for the prompt support!

Sailor Guy
Okay, I'm making progress. I now have the nine thumbnail item buttons working on the first page.

But now I have an issue with my background music being truncated.The image background on the downloaded template is a motion video that has a runtime of 15 seconds and then repeats. But my background music has a runtime of 31 seconds.

So my music is being cut off at 15 seconds. I read another post that says I need to create a video background with a 31 second runtime so that the background music will play for 31 seconds.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47810.page#250067

The problem is I didn't create the original video background since it was a downloaded template (LightGreenRing). But I want to use the image background from the template.

Is there a way I can do one of the two following options:

1. Access the video background so I can change its runtime?

2. Just get a static image of the video background so I can create my own video background with the correct runtime?

Thanks,

Sailor Guy
I have downloaded the "LightGreenRing" DVD menu template and want to modify the number of items on the Titles/Chapters Menu page.

Currently, there are six (6) video items on the first page and I want to change that number to 9. I tried modifying the template, but I can't add additional items to the first page. Items 7 and after appear on a second page.

If I have to create a new template to accomplish this, then how do I copy the background image and font information from the downloaded template?

Thank you,

Sailor Guy
Mike,

The "rewind" trick works great. From here on in when doing a PD captue, I'll hit the "record" button and let about 1 to 2 minutes play and then rewind to the beginning.

I'll edit out the repeated video.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Sailor Guy
I have captured dozens of old VHS and Hi8 tapes and am preparing to produce/output them as MP4 files. The MP4 files will generally be directly played on computers (Windows and Macs) or burned onto MPEG-2 DVDs for DVD players.

My VHS and Hi8 AVI input video capture specs are:

• Capture AVI 720x480, 29 FPS, 28955 Kbps data rate / Audio 1536 kbps, 48k Hz, 2 stereo channel

• Some VHS were captured as AVI 640x480, 29 FPS, 6005 Kbps data rate

When I produce an MP4 output file, I’d like to know what are the best output specs without sacrificing video quality.

There are (4) H.264 MPEG-4 output choices in PD13:

1. 640x480/30p (6 Mbps)

2. 640x480/24p (6 Mbps)

3. 2K 2048x1536/30p (40 Mbps)

4. 4K 4096x3072/30p (50 Mbps)

What is the best choice:

• For VHS? I assume #2 – 640x480/30p (6 Mbps)

• For Hi8? I assume #3 – 2K 2048x1536/30p (40 Mbps)

Is there any significant loss of Hi8 video quality if I choose 640x480, since Hi8 is normally 720x480? A 45-minute Hi8 video output as 640x480-30p is about 2.02 GB but is about 12.1 GB as a 2K 2048x1536-30p file. Is the difference in video quality worth the 6x size multiplier?

Is there a more optimal MP4 custom profile spec that I should specify that would be a good compromise between the 2 GB and 12 GB file size?

Thanks,

Sailor Guy
Mike, that's a great idea for a workaround! I'll give it a shot and let you know how it turns out.

However, to everyone else, I'd like to know if there is some setting that would start recording immediately and not wait for a DV signal.

Sailor Guy
The Canopus didn't come with capture software - just drivers.

I also have a Pinnacle Micro Studio MovieBox HD ADVC capture device with Pinnacle Micro capture software and it works correctly. However, I want to use the ADVC-300.

Thanks,

Sailor Guy
I am using PD13 with a Canopus ADVC-300 DV converter firewire-connected to my PC. I have a Sony Hi8 camcorder attached to the analog input on my ADVC-300. I select the “Capture from a DV Camcorder” option and click the VCR “Record” button. I wait a few seconds and then press Play on my camcorder.

I have ensured the video cartridge is fully rewound to the beginning. There is a 6-second blank leader before the video fades in and starts to play.

However, PD doesn’t start to capture the video until 1 to 3 seconds into the video. In other words, the capture recording does not start as soon as I press the Record button. It appears to be buffering and “watching” the video stream and doesn’t start to record until it “sees” video. But it always misses the first few seconds.

Is there a way to get the capture recording to start immediately when I press the Record button so I can capture the blank leader and first few seconds of the video?

Thanks,

Sailor Guy
Tony,

Thank you for your help and making the distinction between a title (produced video) and a chapter.

Now I understand how a chapter is just a "timeline jump marker" and a title is an individual video file - and how they differ when referenced in a DVD menu.

I've been struggling with this issue for a long time and I'm finally on the right track.

Thanks again!

Sailor Guy
Go to: