Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Done:

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes

Quote I wouldn't count on anyone at CL with the ability to make changes seeing discussions here on the forum. Maybe they look here once in awhile, but I think the best approach is to use the "official" feedback channel of Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PhD's Help menu.

Nobody here asked for the recent changes, and I don't know how much user testing they ever do before they make significant alterations to a product's workflow, so telling them you really don't like the new layout is probably the only tool us end users have.
I agree totally. This workflow takes additional time and you cannot edit a photo modified in guided or expert without saving as a new file. Does not make sense. Hope you address this.

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes

Quote What have Cyberlink done ?

PLEASE, PLEASE , can you get rid of this dumb down version and go back to launching just "The One" Photodirector ?
It's so much easier when you want to jump from edit screen to the re-touch/remove screen and then perhaps the Edit screen rather than having to go back to the Dum Guided / Pro screen and using far too much edit time & PC resources !

Please keep all the edit stages in one package, you've gone from a quite slick edit system that was far easier & simpler to move between different edit screens, to a one with more pretty, time wasting icons asking you dumb questions " Do you want to edit your phots?" of course I do that's why I'm here !!!!

I do not like it !

Cyberlink What Are You doing ?
Thanks for the information. I will wait to hear back from Cyberlink about whether or not this behavior is by design in the new version.

If it is, I will just change my workflow.

Thanks again for the information, much appreciated.

Bill Byrnes

Quote The new version has big changes. I can see the virtual copy is no longer there in the Guided or "Expert" room.

What you can do now is select a photo to edit, and save the edited photo as a new photo. Or, discard the changes.
In the new design, your source/original photo file won't be touched either like what the original virtual copy did.

You want them to make the software act like what it did in previous version?
I consider the old virtual copy very confusing and bit bothering whenever I am editing photo between different editing tabs.
Thanks for your quick reply.

If this is the only way to save Guided or Expert changes, then there is a conflict with the documentation in the help file:

Note: when you enter the Guided module, CyberLink PhotoDirector creates a virtual copy of the photo and then applies any adjustments you previously made to this copy for more seamless editing. Any edits you make are applied to the virtual copy, not the original photo file. To apply the edits in a photo file, you must either click the Export button at the top of window to save it as a new photo, or share/print it. See Exporting Photos in Adjust/Guided/Expert Modules for more information on how to export photos that have been edited.

I will try to forward this information to Cyberlink.

Thanks again for your help.

Bill Byrnes

Quote Hello,

For information on saving your photos in Guided and Export modules, see this FAQ:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/photodirector/365/enu/98_06_00_how_export_photos.html

Let me know if that answers your question.

Cheers
Forum Moderator
I just updated my Photodirector 365 to version 14.4.1606.0. When I edit a phto (Canon cr3) in Guided or Expert mode, a virtual copy is not being created. I have to export or save the file physically to disc. I can create a virtual copy in the library mode, but changes made to it in the Guided or Expert mode are not saved.

Am I dong something wrong or is this a but.

Please help.

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes
I am still learning PhotoDirector 365, and I like what I see so far. One question I have:

The sky replace tool does not do a good job masking around trees and other fine detail. Is there a "refine edge" tool somewhere that I have missed similar to PhotoShop, or Affinity Photo,, Skylum, ON1 etc?

Thanks for your help.

Bill Byrnes
Quote I have PowerDirector 15 installed on a Windows 10 64 bit machine. I have several projects that take about 2 minutes to load, The import files are not paricularly large, the move is about 2 mintues long. It seems to hang forever on updating timeline.

Anyone else having this problem.

Bill Byrnes

I'm not. Please go here and attach the information requested for the Build and the dxdiag.exe file.

Sometimes antivirus programs want to scan files alrerady on your computer. Se if you can diable this feature or disconnect from the internet and shut down (not just pause ) your antivirus.'

Does that help?

Disabling the anti virus did not help. Here is the DXDiag file. I did not see any problems in the dialog box.

Bill
I have PowerDirector 15 installed on a Windows 10 64 bit machine. I have several projects that take about 2 minutes to load, The import files are not paricularly large, the move is about 2 mintues long. It seems to hang forever on updating timeline.

Anyone else having this problem.

Bill Byrnes
This is the response I received from support

Dear user,

Thank you for writing back.

In regards to your concern, I would like to inform that we have provided you the download link of the Wedding pack, as you are facing trouble with installing Wedding pack from Cyberlink Application manager.

As you have mentioned that the wedding pack is installed now, you are advised to ignore the option displaying in Cyberlink Application manager and continue using the software.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do 

Thanks and Regards,
Abhinav
CyberLink Technical Support
I contacted support. They sent me a link to download a Wedding Pack installation file. I uninstalled Wedding Pack from the control panel, re-installed with the file supplied by Cyberlink Support. It did not work, same problem as it stills says download and install in the App Manager. I sent a screenshot back to support and let them know the fix did not work. Did not hear anything back yet.
When I create a Magic Movie and choose the option to edit in the timeline, it deposits on long single clip on the timeline. Is there a break apart feature similar to Adobe Premiere Elements so I can edit the clip.
I am having the same problem. I think there is a conflict with the wedding pack from Power Director 14.
Go to: