Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the link, Carl.

I ran some rendering speed tests today and found similar results to those in Tests 3 & 4 run by vn800rider (Adrian of York) - 23% quicker with hardware acceleration when producing a 2.42 minute long H264/AVC (.m2ts) file at 1920/1080/50i. BUT the difference dropped to only 5% when I used the 'Create Disc' and 'Create a Folder' route instead of producing a file.

'Jitter' defects again with the hardware acceleration trials.

I also confirmed your finding that the 'jitter' defects caused by hardware acceleration running on my kit last only one frame in the case of a lateral displacement defect (see attached snapshot 'Lateral.bmp') and one or two frames in the case of a 'vertical' displacement ('Vertical 1.bmp and 'Vertical 2.bmp' snapshots attached). Not 4 - 5 frames as I had thought.

The bottom line is: no hardware acceleration in future with this kit ...... Thanks again.
Thanks for your prompt and helpful reply, Carl. I did not know that hardware acceleration was 100% dependent on the video card driver software. I guess that my video card plus driver software is simply inadequate for this purpose.

Thanks also for the analysis of the sample defect, which is of shorter duration than was 'normal'. I guess therefore that the duration of the 'normal' defects would have been be about 4 - 5 frames. (It was hard to reproduce the 'normal' defect on a very short, uploadable sample.)

I was surprised to learn that little time is to be saved by using hardware acceleration. Is this also the case if one has a top-of-the-range video card?
Ray's Video 'jitter' problem @ 07.08.2012.

I experienced the problem described below for about three months and although I have a workaround now I would welcome advice on why the problem occurred and what I must do to resolve it properly.

For editing with English language PD 10 Ultra I use a Toshiba Qosmio X500 laptop with an Intel i7 Q 720 CPU @ 1,6 GHz and 8 GB RAM running German language 64 bit Win 7. The Video card is NVidia GeForce GTS 360M. The latest Toshiba-approved driver for this card is installed; a later version is available on the NVidia website but is not supported by Toshiba and I have not installed it. (The NVidia GTS 300 series of cards is not supported by PD 10, although the NVidia GTS 200, 400 and 500 series cards are supported.)

1. The Problem:
There are frequent split-second 'jitters' in the video (a) on playback of a BluRay disc in my BluRay player (Panasonic DMP-BD85) and also another BluRay player and also (b) during preview of the .pds on the computer at HD and lower resolutions. Enough to be a real problem.

I have attached a sample file showing the problem, although typically the 'jitters' last 3-4 times longer than is shown here.

The source data from the camera does not exhibit this problem.

I have used the integral BluRay burner in the Qosmio X500 and also an external BluRay burner - LG Super Multi Blue BE12LU38; the discs from both burners exhibited the problem.

I tried all of the suggestions that I could find in the PD forums, but to no avail.

The problem seems to go away if I deselect both hardware acceleration options in 'Preferences' and at 'burn' time.

My questions are: (1) why does the problem go away if I deselect both hardware acceleration options in 'Preferences' and at 'burn' time and (2) what must I do to get the benefit of the fast rendering available in PD 10, but without suffering the a.m. quality problem? (Other equipment I imagine, probably another video card? Not a problem if that is the best way ... Is the Nvidia GTX 600 series of video cards supported in PD10?)

The other required data for this forum, as specified by Dafydd Bevan in his post on 08.09.2009, are, I hope, all shown below.

2. Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit; Service Pack 1; 6.1 Build 7601; German language.

3 & 4. Power Director:
PD 10 Ultra, 64 bit; 10.0.1.1703; English language
SR Number VDE120314-03

5. Video Source Material:
Canon HF 10 Camcorder; Recording Mode = FXP (highest quality - Full HD); set to 'Easy' recording mode; AVCHD files (file type = .m2ts)

6. Antivirus solution = Norton Internet Security Online - from 'T-online' in Germany, my internet provider.

7. Other codecs installed. Sorry, I don't understand the question and could not locate PD's Readme html file.

8. No other video editing programmes installed

9. Additional Burning Software = ImgBurn (it doesn't solve the problem if I create files while burning and ask ImgBurn to create a BluRay Disc from those files).

10. All my discs are from 'Verbatim'. I use BD-RE 2x (25 GB) for drafts and BD-R 4x (25 GB) for finished product.

11. Background Processes: none consciously. Some Toshiba service programmes are probably running.

12. dxdiag files attached (32 bit and 64 bit).

Thanks in advance for your support.
RM
Go to: