Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wow, It's good to read recent posts about people having the same issues I'm having. I've had PD10 for a little over a week and have been trying, and trying, and trying and trying, etc, etc, etc, to get editted video to render. Every attempt has failed. Some finish, but those all have frozen frames at different points. Others simply stop rendering, the time increases, and the processor returns to idle.

I've spend hours with tech suport to no avail. They have no solution for me except for me to send them project info so they can excalate up to their dev team.

I feel like a beta tester that had to pay for the software. They sure advertise this software as being great, but I feel that it's thrown together and full of rendering bugs.

I'm going to try the suggestions of Skully and try to edit the individual clips and then reinsert them into a master project. Perhaps that will work. But how terrible is it that you have to massage a program because it can't perform as it was marketed.

For Carl's suggestions, who appears to be a senior contributor, what a terrible idea. Find the spot in your video where you made edits, where you spent your time using the software for the exact reason you purchased it, and delete that section! What? Maybe people actually want that section in their video. Perhaps that's a key section of the video. Or perhaps for a billion other reasons cetain sections of the video should not or cannot be removed. Brilliant idea Carl!

Let me point out that this software is maketed and sold as a full-featured video editting utility can--amongst many other things--take multiple video clips, apply transitions and effects, and render high def output. For every one person that will take the time to post on this message board, there are a thousand who won't; and, double that number are people who are not computer literate who just want to produce a family video and simply think the problems must be on their end. This sound like predatory business practices to me. Cyberlink needs to get their act together and either produce a quality product or properly identify the precise computer(s) you must own to use their software. Their current direction is extremely disingenuous.
Go to: