Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I've tried it in the trial version of PD14 using a clip of my son playing soccer. The speed of play is faster than the auto tracking can handle so key frames are still needed on my end.
Put your main clip in track 1.

Put the snow effect in track two underneath your clip in track 1.

It should now be "snowing" in your clip on track 1
Expand the timeline to see if there is any gap between the clips.
Quote: Whew, ain't this a fun hobby???

But the hobby is supposed to be video editing and NOT PC troubleshooting
Thanks for the clarification. Seems like an upgrade is in order
I don't intend to hijack this thread but had a question. Are these plug ins compatible with PD 11?
Pixelan's web site just says Cyberlink and Power Director.

Thanks, they look like something I would be interested in.
I downloaded the Director Suite 2 trial including PD12.

I already have the original Director suite (including PD11) installed.

PD 11 had no issues.

I can't say for sure but I believe that Photo Director 5 messed up my Photo Director 4 in that I am unable to open certain jpegs in certain folders which I didn't have issue with before.

I can take the offending jpeg out of a folder (say A), move it to a different folder (say B), then both Photo Director 4 (and 5) open it without issues. Many other jpegs in folder A open without issue and were taken with the same camera at the same time with exact settings. Just certain ones don't open directly from "import". Photo Director 4 didn't have this issue till the trail install. Upon removal of the trial, the problem persists though. This is why I can't nail it down exactly.

Probably more info than you wanted
Had a go at this today and the results were no better than Pix's. The belt color always wants to turn to grey instead of white. Even if you were able to get it white, I think it might look a bit un-natural because you cant create the subtle shadows , it would appear just pure white.

CD has a lot of potential but its not quite there yet. Is V2 improved much Pix?
Place wedding video on track one and move your scrubber to the point that you would like to take a snapshot.

In the preview area, there is a camera icon. Press that and a still photo of your video at that frame will be added to your media room.

Take that still photo and put it on track two at the exact spot you created the still from. In order to get this in the exact spot, I would take and split your video (in the first step above) at the spot you took your snapshot. Set the duration you would like the snapshot to be displayed for.

Then click the modify button to resize it at its starting point, add motion to it using the motion tab or use key frames to create custom motion. Also go to the end duration and resize it again to create the shrinking effect you are after.

As for the sound effect and flash, you should be able to find the click effect in a .wav on the web. The flash effect I'm not too sure on where to get it but someone here will point you in the right direction

I've simplified the directions here somewhat. It will take some learning on your end but that learning will pay dividends down the road.

Hope it helps some.
The slow motion built into PD isn't enough?
Quote: Sometimes I have to go thru thousands of items to find what I want.

No wonder you are "crabby" sometimes JK

Great link Barry. I've bookmarked your web page also for all the useful links it has.
Place your movie on track one. Place the pic of your wife on track two. Resize and position over Rocky's face. If he is moving, you would use key frames to reposition the picture to match his movements. it will take some practice but is easily done.
If you have Color Director this effect, with effort, is very possible. See video below to a sample I did awhile back.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29179.page

Masks are not movable. Watch the video link Tony posted. It may help you accomplish what you want.
Great footage and nicely edited!
Thanks for the ideas Carl. I just checked and the folder is not hidden.

I am able to move the produced file to a different folder and then upload it without issue.
Very strange issue I can't seem to resolve. I produced a short video last night and saved it in documnets/cyberlink/powerdirector/11.0 directory like I always do. I navigated to that directory, found the produced file, and played it from my desktop with no issues.

I then wanted to uploaded the file to youtube manually. When I try to find the cyberlink folder in my "documents" folder, youtube does not see it This occurred after installing the latest patch. I did do a complete power down and then cold boot after the upgrade. Every other folder and file shows up except the cyberlink folder.

See attached pics of what I'm seeing. Notice the cyberlink directory is missing from the documents directory when trying to upload to youtube.

Any suggestions?
Careful what you wish for Barry.

The guy they just let out of prison yesterday, after wrongfully being locked up for 23 years, had a heart attack today and is now hospitalized. Just saying............

Hope someday they do release a forward page turn.
Thanks for sharing Tom. Lately I find myself looking at pictures and trying to establish what focal length, apature, and shutter speed was used trying to "train" myslef to take petter pics.
They look great Tom. And good use of HDR in PD.

I love the way you captured the "God" rays in the first two photos. Would you care to share the camera you used in the metadata from the shots? I'm just recently getting into quality digital photography (Bought a Nikon D3100 and a 55-300mm zoom) and am slowly learning my way out of "auto" mode.
Go to: