Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote:

Again, my apologies for the confusion.

PIX

No problem.
Might be a good suggestion to make for this ability. I'll hit the suggestions thread.
Quote: Hello wrj002,

You'll possibly want to kick yourself, but try to avoid self-harm!

You can share photos on Flickr or Facebook through (a) the File menu or (b) the Share button in the bottom right corner.

Yeah. I can share to a profile but not a "Page".

A Page is set up by someone with a FB profile but is a separate "entity". It might be a Company Page or a Club Page or whatever.
Login to admin is via the profile of whoever set it up (or assigned administrators) .

As an example: When you "Publicize" automatically from WordPress you get the option to publish to the FB personal "profile" page or the "Page" set up. Don't get that option with PhotoDirector.
Can you "Share" photos to a FB Page direct from PhotoDirector?

I can't find an option for this and can only seem to be able to do it to t FB profile.

Thanks!
Quote:
Hi,
If this issue persists and I have had the same problem. I go to: C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\Downloader and delete the *.ini files. Works every time and is pretty simple to do. The Downloader will then work and you can retain the new data to a new folder etc.

Dafydd

Thanks! That did the trick. Before I had no option where to save and "open file location gave me no file. Patch installed.
I've tried to get this a few times but version still shows 2321. Downloader instantly says it is downloaded but install is the old patch.
Can anyone supply a direct link to the new patch (via pm would be ok) so I can try it?
Patch resolved an issue I had opening a test mkv file I downloaded.
I downloaded it to test an issue some seemed to have with paying Blue Ray with Windows 8.1 so maybe those that had that issue (if they read this) can try the patch.
I can't find the thread atm so am posting here.
Quote: I can play my discs just fine with Nero Blu-Ray Player, which was updated just before Win 8.1 was released.

I think I've bought my last Cyberlink product.

What video card do you have? The Hyper-V issue is apparently related to an AMD driver issue.
Weird I am showing hyper-V services without it being installed.
Have been in contact with support and they are following it through. I'd stick it out. Usually they come through. I had an issue once with a specific file that play was broken by an update and they were right on to it for the next update.

Bug it. More is served by providing feedback about the issues.
Quote: I can open BD discs and folders, but the movies don't play correctly. Seems to be playing about one frame per second.

Nero Blu-ray player won't work at all--the program just hangs. However, using AnyDVD and JRiver Media Center, I can play the main movie just fine. Win 8.1 updates the WDDM to version 1.3, which is supposed to be backward compatible to 1.2, but maybe not. JRiver filters are 1.3 aware.

Bug it and see what transpires. More it is bugged the more attention might be paid to it.
Expect a fairly canned reply at first though.
I put in a support request about this and got the usual "check this check that provide more info".

The it reminded me that PowerDVD had issues with opening Blue Ray when Hyper V was installed. I had a support request in about that ages ago.

Haven't checked if this is the current issue but I can see Hyper V services listed in Services even though it doesn;t show as installed in Control Panel.
^^^
I did the same after upgrading to Windows 8 RTM.
Previously had the Preview installed so I lost all my apps going to RTM.
I had only PD 12Ultimate Suite installed having uninstalled PD 11 and backed-up and copied the Effects folder.
That gave me the Motion etc effects without PD 11 installed.

After the windows 8 RTM was installed I only installed PD12 then copied the same backed-up folder over without overwriting anything.

So, without ever having PD 11 installed on the "new" OS, I now have the "missing" effects in PD12. Easy as!

Back up that folder and you will always be good.
I don't have Blue Ray drive but just downloaded a file to test and got PowerDVD 13 not responding trying to open it.

Same file opens fine in PowerDirector 12.
Quote: When I tried PowerDirector 12 on Win 8.1 earlier it did not work. Well at least the producing part would not work but this was beta Windows. With the official Windows version now available, is there any reason to believe it would work now?

Worked fine with the Preview for me and works fine with rtm.
Just make sure it is all up to date.
Can conform it too.
Undo gets rid of it but way too late to use that if you have applied something else after.
Feedback about this:
"Regarding to your concern, I have escalated to our R&D team for further review, and they have informed you that NewBlue Art, Motion & Paint effect are bundled specially for PowerDirector 11. PowerDirector 12 now bundled with new NewBlueFX Video Essential I, II and III with more effects available.

You may still use NewBlue Art, Motion & Paint effect with PowerDirector 11 if v11 installed. Meanwhile, we'll also feedback your concern to product team."

Plus you can use Art, Motion and Paint without v11 installed if you back up before uninstalling v11 and copy them over after.
Seems the newer Video Essentials has a lot more available that is intended to replace Motion, Art and Paint.
So, a caution would be thinking the Essentials packs are the same between versions.
Quote: As far as I can determine the problem is related to PD12 only. While playing the rendered video on my PC I see the same problems happening, so that does exclude YouTube as a possible source. Due to the incredible speed with which PD12 is able to convert, I had a couple of files transferred other codecs to MP4 and they also showed hickups. Similar videos produced with PD10 are flawless.

Rules that out then if you can confirm it.

Regardless, you'll find caution about going direct to YouTube in some posts here because of issues with the wmv conversion. I've never encountered it myself.
Worth knowing if you encounter the issue. YouTube have a suggested format for upload somewhere. It would be a bigger file.I think PD possibly goes with wmv because of the reduced file size.
Quote:

The last straw was, when I lost my BlueFX effects I bought witht he PD11. If this nonsense does not get adressed, not sure I will apply for any future updates ...

There's a thread on BlueFX Mess (or similarly named). Check it out!
I got back my old effects from PD11 with it totally uninstalled and there are some updates for other effects that seem to work.
Is this only if you upload directly to YouTube from within PD or does it also happen if you produce the file to a different format on your HD?

I can see the problem on YouTube for sure.

There can be issues with PD, wmv format and YouTube.
Quote: Now i'm starting to go batty. Cyberlink has gone down the big one in my books. Terrible help.

I have a response to my online support question. They have provided me with links to redownload the software and passwords to do so.... But the passwords expire in a few hours!? I can't download now as about to head to work (and the download for each part will take about 40 min).

also, i paid the extra $10 to have active download links for a year... I don't see how having expiring passwords will help with that.

Right now - feeling quite ripped off.

If you paid for the download service for a year I can't see why you need the password link.
You should just be able to go into your account and re-download any time during that year.

Having said that, there does seem to be issues with the servers according to other posts. So, maybe they gave you a link as a workaround for those issues. If you don't have the time now maybe it's just a case of waiting until the servers/files are fixed.
This is a cool feature. I didn't know it existed. Thanks!
Quote:
I see now, after re-installing, re-downloading etc.etc.
I have got the Ultra along as part of Director Suite 2, hence the missing VE. (??)

This says DS2 has PD Ultimate 12: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/director-suite/compare_en_AU.html
Includes VE1, 2 and 3.
Might be regional as to what is included but I doubt it.
Go to: