Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The music speeds up? If it's the video, post a new thread and reveal the build/version you are using. A little brief info of your computer system.
Also, search the forum, someone may have had this issue.
You may wait on re-install of PD if things seem to be going fine, but you should be familiar with the re-install process because you will eventually need to do it for some reason.
You should not lose any projects when you do it.
Remember to ignore any commands to re-install Smartsound Quicktracks during the un-install of PD or you may lose any music files you purchased.
Back up Smartsound if you buy music from them.
If you are experiencing choppy playback, try lowering the resolution of your preview window. It is the icon under the preview window, third from the right.
Welcome to the forum. Have fun.
I have never seen that error, however, try asking Smartsound. Go to their website and check the forum, or call them. They will actually pick up the phone and help. Excellent customer service.

http://www.smartsound.com/index.html

Put them in your favorites.
If it's standard def, then mpeg2 or wmv. The beauty of mpeg2 is you can re-render with svrt, without recoding in the process. It will retain it's quality. Others may have other opinions.
Sometimes a piece of music is just a wee bit too short. You need to listen to the song over and over, and find a chorus, or other part you can repeat. You must cut it in places that fall on a beat. Then copy-paste-whatever to make it sound as if there is no disruption. Not easy, but not impossible. It takes a little finesse.
I just removed a photo from PIP. The tick remained.
Very unreliable piece of an otherwise excellent build. I am using 2227c.
Smartsound is an excellent choice. But just one song for 7-8 minutes might be too much of anything.
Can you use 2 songs?
Can you use one song, find a good chop-off point, and splice the song?
Have you joined SeeMyWorld? Lots of music there, FREE!
I'll 3rd that!

the other Barry
I am staying with 2227c. I find it working perfect for me. Most of the new builds don't seem to apply to me as I have a "low end" computer.
Note to forum...
Always save your previous builds, just in case you need them.
There is an ongoing issue, if you search a bit in the forum. Some folks have had stuttering renders. Maybe there is an answer.
You have plenty of good hardware, and you should not have to shutdown anything for this to work.
Important! What version of PD are you using?
While editing, you have a media library that holds the files you're currently viewing and using.
In the dropdown menu above it, it probably says "all media".
click on that and you can see that you can seperate the various media to make it easier to find things.
Part of that drop-down menu says "color boards".
You'd be surprised how many people miss that.
There is no 8 yet, just looking forward.
This function is not yet available. We all hope it will be included for PD8!
PD8, sounds great, can't wait!
Good find. I hope Dafydd sees this.
Just tested 2227c.
I no longer lose the ticks vis-a-vis slideshow.
As soon as I have a CRASH!, I will see if some ticks are forgotten.
This was an issue on an earlier build
( if I remember correctly, and I rarely do...)
I don't remember the version of 7, but some of my ticks also disappeared.
And I always lost ticks after I used images in a slideshow.
Will get back to you.
There are copyright/royalty free goodies all over the internet. Have you looked at DirectorZone yet? Look below and join SeeMyWorld, free. There is a section there with dozens of links to conversion programs, music, video loops, stock footage, and a close-knit bunch of hooligans from around the globe to critique back and forth. You can certainly poke about and find top-flite intro bits. Help is on the way!
You can easily make pip objects, such as overlays, using Elements, or Picasa, Paint.net, etc. Any program that supports png files.
Join the Directorzone, it's free of course, and find hundreds of extra goodies like that. Watch this brief video on making a png file, ignore the politics of the instructor (me)!
Apply the lesson to your image. Very easy.
Perhaps like this...
1. Create a black file 320x180, any format.
2. Select all of the black file>cut>paste into an empty transparent png of the same size.
3. Use tools to cutout 2 intersecting circles. After you cut them, they will reveal the transparent background.
4. Surprise! You have a binocular sight file, in png, you can add to your library.
You could also google an image of binocular sights, and possibly key out any section you don't want.
However, if you make your own pip image, it can be brought into PD7 and become part of your permanent library.

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/272/create-a-png-for-pip/
If your camera is digital, there should not really be any noise. Have you cleaned the heads, defragged with DEFRAGGLER, capture to internal drive rather than external USB drive?
I think you want to "explore" the disc contents from explorer.
Copy and paste the contents from the disc, to your hard drive.
Now bring the .vob file(s) into PD.
I've not yet done this, but I think that's how it works.
Go to: