Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I just had the exact same problem. After pulling my hair out for about an hour trying to troubleshoot the problem, I went to this forum. After installing version 301.42, no more problem.
Yes, but I think that just allows you to play a disc from another region. I want to actually burn/produce a disc, and code it with a region code of my choosing. I emailed LG support, but haven't received a reply. Honestly, after doing all the research on how to burn a blu-ray disc for commercial purposes, with an international distribution, I have just about given up. With all the region codes, license and royalty fees, etc., etc., it's just not worth it. I did a little research online today, and it appears as if the way to go is market it as a downloadable HD video. Think about all the headaches you avoid! No hassle with shipping and handling, maintaining an inventory, problems with discs not playing correctly on foreign players, etc.

Cheers,
John
Thanks Carl and Neil for the replies. I am having a duplicating service make copies of a master, so I assume my master would have to be appropriately coded. And it sounds like it is the burner, in my case an LG BH-12, that does the region coding, not the video editing software I use (PD10). The trick then would be to configure my burner? I went into properties, and could not find anyplace to change the region code, and a quick search on google yielded no help. Not sure how to reconfigure a burner, or if it is even possible. Any additional thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I hope to market my video in the UK, so I don't want to be selling stuff over there that will not play on their BR disc players.
Greetings,

I am working on a blu-ray video project, copies of which I intend to send to my friends in England. I am burning a master disk on my desktop, and then having a duplication service make copies. Does anyone know if these discs will play on a blu-ray disc player purchased in England?

Thanks!
John
Yes, Carl, I did.
I just completed putting together a very long and complex video. It was so long, I split it into two different projects, part 1 and part 2. Each project had multiple video clips, and songs on a music track. I also recorded voice-over narration using a different program, then imported it as a wave file and dropped it onto a track. I produced two videos from the projects. When I played the two videos on my computer, the sound was great. Then I imported the two videos, part 1 and part 2, into a new project, and burned a blu-ray disc from this project. My problem is the sound quality of my voice-over narration dropped considerably in the completed video. The music sounds good, and the audio from the video clips is good, but the voice-over narration took a nose dive. Any suggestions why the voice-over narration would degrade so much in the final video? Thanks!
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, guys!
I am trying to create instructions that appear across the bottom of a video. I would like the instructions to have a solid background, so they can be read clearly. Attached is an example somebody created using a different program. This is exactly what I want to do. I already know how to create the instructions (title), and place it on the timeline so that it appears in the video. I just don't know how to create a background for it so it can be read clearly.

Thanks!
Mbps, fps, codecs, container files, interlacing, pixels, progressive, etc.,etc., it all gets very complicated. But I guess if you want to shoot and produce consistently good video versus just getting lucky once in awhile, you really need to make the effort to understand this stuff, get to know your camera, and become intimate with the editing tools. These forums are great for that.

Regarding the idiosyncrasies of PowerDirector, I try not to get too frustrated with the program. I remind myself that 15 years ago it would have taken a room full of editors in a professional studio a week to do what I can now do in my living room in an hour. It is really quite amazing what technology has handed the average Joe.

Thank you both for the help!
CubbyHouseFilms and Playsound, thanks for the great input.

Playsound, Oh, now I get it. I always wondered what that button was for with the musical bars on it. That's really slick, a quick and easy way to extract and save an entire audio track. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the great tip!

CubbyHouseFilms, one last quick question. My camera shoots at 30 frames/second. I am not sure how that translates into mbps, but I was under the assumption that if your raw video clips were shot at 24 mbps, you can't improve the quality of your finished video by producing it in 28 mbps. Is that correct?
CubbyHouseFilms and Playsound, thank you very much for the suggestions.

Playsound, just so I am clear, are you suggesting that I extract the audio from the video clips, create and save a separate audio track made from the audio clips, then import, drag, and drop the audio track over the audio portion of the video clips in the original timeline? Sounds like a lot of work. As far as I know, you can only extract the audio from one clip at a time. You can't highlight all the video clips in the timeline, and extract the audio in one section. The music in the soundtrack is a different story. You could delete all the video clips, leaving only the individual songs in the soundtrack, produce it, then import it back into your project and drag it into place. It seems to me if you are going to have an "Insert Project" function, it ought to be able to insert the project while maintaining all the edits from the original. In my case, it should carry over the volume mixing levels between the audio in my video clips, and the songs in my sound track, instead of reverting back to the default volume levels. I will play around with your suggestion. Is there a way to extract all the audio at once from all the video clips in your timeline?

CubbyHouseFilms, I have a question for you. I was aware of the work around you are suggesting, and have done this on other complex projects. That is, you divide your big project into smaller projects, produce each project, then import the videos you produced into a new project, and produce a final video or create a disc from this project. My concern is loss of video quality by producing the same video clips more than once. Maybe I am overly concerned, and the degradation in video quality won't even be noticeable after only being produced twice. As you state, in terms of maintaining quality, the first step is producing the video in the correct format to begin with. Maybe this warrants a brand new post because it is a different subject entirely, in which case the forum community can admonish me :, but here goes! My camera records in HD 1920X1080, 30 frames per second progressive, recorded as 60i. I have experimented with producing in different formats, and it appears I get the best quality (sharpness, color, minimize jitter) when I produce in HD 1920X1080 at 60i/24mbps. Is there some other combination you would recommend trying?

Thank you, both!
I am having trouble with the Insert Project command using PD10. I am working on a fairly large and complex video editing project. I have broken it up into 10 "scenes", each scene being a separate project. I have all the editing completed on each project (scene), and am trying to combine them into one big project using the Insert Project command. When, I insert a project, though, I lose some of my edits on the inserted project. For instance, if there are particular scenes I have lowered or raised the volume of the audio on the video track, or raised or lowered the volume on the soundtrack, once the project is inserted, the volume edits revert back to their default level. I know a workaround would be to produce each scene to make ten individual videos, import the ten videos into a project, then produce the final video from this project. But I understand there is some loss of quality each time you produce the same video. Also, I still have to add narration, which seems like it would be easier to do by having the whole project together. I really can't see how the project flows if I am working on it in pieces. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

HP-d5200t
8 GB RAM
Intel Core !! Quad CPU Q9650@3ghz
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 2
NVIDIA GForce 9600GS
Go to: