Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi,

Almost impossible in PDR or ADR, I'm afraid.

What you are asking is quite a complex task and probably only possible with high end professional software.

I recorded some wedding vows where the main mic failed and the secondary was further away and picking up all the ambient sounds - from very loud cicadas to a rowdy party across the bay. No matter what I, or others tried using the normal audio editing programs available, couldn't isolate the vows sufficiently, so had to be creative and do something else. C'est la vie!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thank you. I tried to do it by inverting the clean track in Audacity, but that had no effect. Even though I sinced the two tracks perfectly, it doesn't recognise that it is a match and no cancellation takes place.
The audio for track 1 contains much talking and other sounds, and in the background is a song playing. I can put a clean recording of the same version of that song on another audio track and sync the tracks. The digital fingerprint of the song in both tracks should match. How can I tell powerdirector or audiodirector to cancel from track 1 anything that is also in track 2, so that only the talking and other sounds remain in track 1, without the song?
Thank you for the help.
Can I create a CD with PowerDirector? If not, is there a suggested product?
Quote I went straight to New Blue FX.
You will have some luck, I think, applying either 1, or a combination of New Blue Art, Motion, or Paint Effects.

The exact visual you seek, however, as in your link, that may not be possible, but you can certainly create a similar visual and "feel". I suspect, due to it's source, the example was made by high-end software and may have masking and multiple renders.

Please let us know what you come up with.

Thank you very much. An even more extreme example of that effect is here. I am particularly interested in how they did the people, such as the ballerinas, as they look like paintings but I think are real people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W88cBNlI-hA

Hi Ronk,

Yes, they are all real people.

Just a guess as to how the original video was made, first of all the frame rate was reduced to get a stuttering feel.

The video would then have been painted over on certain frames using a transparent colour, perhaps white, to give it that ghosting effect. But, as Barry has already suggested, using various filters will get you close to what has been produced many years. I suppose the FX or similar could be produced in PowerDirector, anyone want to give it a go ?

Cheers

Dave

PS Just check the link again. First time I watched it, it was Enya singing Caribbean Blue, last time it was Bette Midler singing a different song with a different effect, what looks like a rotoscoping FX !! the mind boggles.

Thank you very much.

Yes, my first post has a link to the Enya video. In my second post I have a link to the Midler video because I thought is was an additional example of the same effect. You are saying they are different effects, the second one Rotoscoping. Both accomplish the idea of making real people seem like paintings. Interesting, since Hollywood goes to great lengths to make the unreal seem real, while both these videos make the real seem unreal.
Quote I went straight to New Blue FX.
You will have some luck, I think, applying either 1, or a combination of New Blue Art, Motion, or Paint Effects.

The exact visual you seek, however, as in your link, that may not be possible, but you can certainly create a similar visual and "feel". I suspect, due to it's source, the example was made by high-end software and may have masking and multiple renders.

Please let us know what you come up with.

Thank you very much. An even more extreme example of that effect is here. I am particularly interested in how they did the people, such as the ballerinas, as they look like paintings but I think are real people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W88cBNlI-hA
In this video I suspect that the images, even the three women, are real, but are made to seem like paintings. Any idea how to accomplish this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl8iYAo90pE
Quote Hi Ronk -

That's true. If you used 5 overlaid regular clips and modified opacity, you'd definitely end up with a murky scene. The video you linked was not put together like that. As tomasc suggested, the videos would have been shot against a green screen background.

In PDR, chroma key is applied to the green in each clip so the background is visible.

If the green screen videos are shot correctly (lighting etc), you would get the sharp images you're after.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you very much ynotfish and tomasc. I didn't even know about chroma key, and having the background on a separate track really clinches it.

I'm still struggling with an effect I described in another post. I don't think green screen can be used in that case, and I'm not sophisticated enough to completly understand the methodology. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50298.page
Quote It looks like the person performed 5 different times in front of a green screen. Once was with a tambourine. The artist choose a frozen lake background. Reflections in front were added with a fx.

There is still time to create such a spectacle. It may still be Christmas eve.

Thank you very much for the response. If I put the 5 different shots in five different tracks in the timeline and adjust the opacity of each track so that all five images can be seen, wont the opacity cause the five images not to be sharp and clear?
How can this be accomplished and have it come out so sharp and clear? (each of the five people are the same person)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPzv-dvaGUg
Quote Hi,

Looks like you need to film a scence twice...without touching the camera or lighting. For example an empty restaurant and then later in the day when filled with guests and staff.

Then you put the empty clip on one track and the other on the second track...and adjust the opacitiy to get such an effect. Tables and things that are not moving should be clear like in the video.

Fun experiment. Maybe I'll try too.

Dave

Thank you, Dave.

It seems there are at least 2 or 3 tracks populated with people, one of them in reverse motion, besides the empty clip. I'm not sure how to adjust opacity with maybe four tracks. Perhaps with experimentation.

Ron

I don't think you have to film the same scene twice. Except for the tables, I think everything is shadowed. You should be able to take a single clip and chop it up and move the pieces around, reverse it, and so forth.

I suspect you could get what you want using a blank background. The things that aren't moving at all would become pretty close to opaque if they were layered enough.

I just tried this with the sample clip Kite Surfing. I put one copy in track 2, another copy in track 3. I reversed the clip in track 3. I set the opacity of each clip to 50% to start, then I fiddled with them. Those two clips will give you the beginnings of the effect you want. More layers will probably get you closer. I put a colorboard (0,120,255) in track one to keep it from being too dark.

Because the background of that clip isn't stationary, it doesn't come out that well; but I think you get the idea. By using keyframes you can get the different clips to take prominence at different times.

Just for giggles, I put sunrise.jpg in track one. It layered in a nice effect.

Thanks for the advice. I know I can take one long shot with a camera in a fixed position and then divide that clip into shorter clips for mulitple tracks in the timeline.

What do you mean by "shadowed"? Is your test clip available for me to watch?
Quote Hi,

Looks like you need to film a scence twice...without touching the camera or lighting. For example an empty restaurant and then later in the day when filled with guests and staff.

Then you put the empty clip on one track and the other on the second track...and adjust the opacitiy to get such an effect. Tables and things that are not moving should be clear like in the video.

Fun experiment. Maybe I'll try too.

Dave

Thank you, Dave.

It seems there are at least 2 or 3 tracks populated with people, one of them in reverse motion, besides the empty clip. I'm not sure how to adjust opacity with maybe four tracks. Perhaps with experimentation.

Ron
Does anyone know how to accomplish an effect similar to the attached clip from the movie Koyaanisqatsi?

https://vimeo.com/192724876
Thank you for the advice. On youtube I entered the chapter names and the times. That allows me to choose a chapter if I go out of full-screen mode so I can see the list of chapters below the video. I need a way to advance to the next chapter when in full-screen mode. The button to the right of the pause/play button advances to the next video, but I need to advance to the next chapter, not the next video. Any ideas?
I produce DVDs with menus and chapters. But from the same projects when I tell Powerdirector to produce a file (to put on the internet) instead of a DVD, I do not get the chapters where the user can skip to the next chapter instead of trying to find it using fast-forward. Is there a way to put a chaptered video on youtube, vimeo, or anywhere on the net?
I defined a split screen containing videos from two tracks, one on each half of the split screen. On the split screen each video image is half the width of the original video. How can I define what portion of the original video image will show in half of the split screen? When I define the split screen it puts a portion of the original image in there (probably the center 50 percent), but will not let me drag to a different part of the original image.
Thank you so much. All solutions look great, but the fade solution suggested by PlaySound works best for me. There is one glitch. Often while setting the start and end markers of the fade-in and fade-out of a clip, the four yellow markers become frozen and I can't make further adjustments. I have to cancel the operation and start over. Otherwise, the fades work beautifully.
I have video clips of the same event from two cameras simultaneously at different angles. The clips are on different timelines and I synched them using audio. How can a transition to and from portions of the video on the 2nd timeline by fading them in and out of the video on the 1st timeline? I am using Powerdirector 14.
When I try to burn a video to a DVD, I get an error that the Target Folder does not have enough space. I did not tell the burn process to create a folder, so I do not know what the target folder is, or on what hard drive it is located. I have 50GB free on my C drive. Any ideas about "target folder"?
It's a movie clip downloaded from the internet. Not from a phone or tablet.
Go to: