Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Jim, thanks for the info. However, I just downloade Imageburn and tried to burn a project from PD9 and it came up not supported. I hate to have to buy something else since I really like PD9, but I bought it to do HD editing and that pretty much means burning BDs. May have to try Sony Vegas or something. Thanks for your imput.
Thanks for the info. I don't really have any BD burning software to speak of. I tried the Roxio that comes with windows Vista and it burned, but doesn't show up on a Bluray player. Guess it's just a data transfer or something. I've got a BD burner that came with a Panasonic 1080 HD camcorder, but it appears to be dedicated to the camcorder and nothing else. I hate to have to buy something else.
I've been running PD9 Ultra for about 6 months and like it fine. I just installed an extrenal BD drive that runs on USB 3.0 and a new 3.0 card. Problem is, it burns slow through PD9 when using the 3.0 port. Works ok in 2.0 port and data files and video burn through Windows package is super fast. Just when I use PD9 and hit "create disk" things run super slow using the 3.0 port. Any ideas? thanks
I've been using PD9 Ultra 64 for about 6 months now to edit 1080p video and really like it, but I've been burning to DVD and losing quite a bit of quality there. I'm buying an external Blu ray burner and was wondering if anyone has experience with this. Hopefully, I'll just hit "create", select Blu Ray and hit burn and be on my way. I was just curious if I'd have to change any setting to get PD9 to recognize the external drive over the internal one. Any feedback would be appreciated.
No, I did not. I'll try again. Thanks
When I upload through PD9 it shows 320, but you can select 1080p from the dropdown ( or up in Youtube's case) menu. However when I manually upload, it's 480 with no other options. I may try Viemo and see what happens. Thanks
I just ran some test clips to Youtube to check quality. The were rendered in H.264 as high as 24k and none showed up in HD once processed. I uploaded manually because the PD9 auto was degrading the picture. What should I be using?
Thanks,
you've been a great help. I was sort of surprised to find a fellow GoPro owner on this forum. When I was looking for editing software, I posted to the Gopro HD forum. EVERYONE there told me to get Sony Vegas. I was looking for something a little more user friendly so I mentioned PD9 and they got a little snippy with me. I'm very happy with PD9 and it runs smoothly on my PC with 64 bit Vista SP1 ( Vegas required SP2). I think I made the right choice. Thanks again.
I'm sort of finding this out on my own. I just did a test at 1440x1080 24kbps to DVD and the quality wasn't much better than an mp4. Which setting in the H.264 Av drop down window do you suggest? Thanks.
just ran a test clip at H.264 1440x1080 24kbps with 1/2 click enhancement. VERY NICE! Thanks
Thanks, I'm shooting Gopro at 1080 and produced an mp4. But I did let PD9 upload for me. I'm going to produce some test clips at different formats and see what happens. Might upload some things to Viemo also.
just uploaded a test HD clip to Youtube. I had everything set to HD or highest quality. when the clip was processed on YT I had to manually change the quality from 320p to 1080p, and it still wasn't close to the original. I've seen some pretty awesome HD footage on YT, so what am I doing wrong?
Hey, I figured it out( finally found that pesky "configure drive" icon). Works great. Not 1080 ( probably not possible without BD burner), but still HD and much better than mpeg2.
Just got PD9 ultra. Love it, very easy to pick up. Problem is: I'm shooting mp4 HD video and after I render the project to mp4, it will not burn. I keep getting an "insert writable disk" prompt. I rendered one in mpeg2 and it burned fine, but the video resolution wasn't as good. So, I'm shooting in HD, I'm editing in HD so how do I view in HD on my DVD player ( aside from buying a BD burner)? thanks
Go to: