Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
LOL...if only these actually were copyright videos. The fact that PD thinks there is a copyright renders the capture part of the software useless. Hence my eval is basically over.
stevek, good feedback. Similar to what I've read on other postings. I use a USB capture cable and it works nice with the other software that came with it...but the software is a bit unstable and given how many home videos I have was wanting to purchase something else like PD. I tried another tape it and worked OK with PD. I may have to just, for these "copyright warning tapes", use my old software. I'll try to pick up a VHS tape cleaner as well. Just wish I could somehow get around that since PD also allows me to set a max time...so I can go to bed while the capture is occuring.
I downloaded the trail version of PD 11 yesterday so I could work on transferring my VHS home videos to DVD. PD 11 does nicely see my capture card. When I try to perform the capture, I continually get the warning about my home videos having a copyright.

What in the world is going on? Is there some way around this? Seems like a major bug.

Even if I've yet to start playing the VCR and click record to get a jump on the tape being played, I get the warning.

Yea, I think I'm gonna have to zip. I just didn't want someone to have to unzip that many files if required. Also now I have to worry if the user will have the proper zip application. Thanks for the input. As a developer myself, I suspected a integer overflow, but it doesn't fall into the proper range. I am thinking someone isn't checking the result of a malloc call.

The Cyberlink folks finally replied and indicated it was a Microsoft C++ runtime library issue and told me to install this fix:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14431

I did that and rebooted. The issue still exists as expected.

I don't think I'll get a suitable answer on this one.
The ticket # is: CS001097796
Posting this here since Cyberlink folks are not answering my ticket.

I have a directory with 230,000 files that I am trying to burn. The files are very small and only use up about 1G of space. When I burn a DVD data disk, I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error dialog.

I am burning a DVD data disk with ISO9660/Joliet format. The app crashes during the "Preparing" phase BEFORE the burning actually starts.

This is in Power2Go v8. I got the same exact error in Power2Go v7.

I have tried to burn the files in several chunks by not closing the disc, but I still get the same error.
Power2Go 7 with latest patches running.

I've noticed a pattern here on burning discs. First of all, I have two different CD burners and this occurs regardless of which one I use.

I burn a disc and DO NOT close it. A few weeks later I put the disc back in to add more files...but P2Go doesn't refresh the disc. I hit Refresh icon...nothing.

I can see and access the disc fine in Windows Explorer. I am running Win 7 with all the latest updates.

Why doesn't the app detect and allow me to add more files...doesn't even see the previous session(s).
I wanted to remove all references in the registry for installed components related to PowerDVD 10 as I felt this would solve my problem. Then I'd try again install and see if it worked. It did.

Granted, I knew there were hundreds of installed component references from some failed previous attempt (???) so I wrote a quick lil' utility to do it in case others had the same issue.

Here is the utility to remove all references. Be sure to look at your own registry and fill in the proper installed component key from the registry. Just search your registry for "\PowerDVD10\" (without the quotes); eventually you will start finding keys in the SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\xxxxx. Use this full path for the utility.

The utility requires Microsoft .NET 2.0.

Attached is the utility. Rename to .exe and run.
Yea...how do you get a cleaner from cyberlink?

I've used ccleaner and still not install.
Ahhh...this page doesn't mention anything about cleaners. Either you posted the wrong link or you ...

I already run the cyberlink cleaner from page http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15349.page#74889, but this still doesn't allow a successful install.

Anyone else have help out there?
Just purchased PowerDVD 10 Ultra and it won't even install. I'm running Win 7 ultimate 64 bit with 8G RAM, AMD 6 core. Tried doing the install with antivirus turned off, but same result.

During install, it whines about not finding a file in Data1.cab. When I look in that file (in local/temp) that files doesn't exist. Not sure why it is looking for that file.

See attachment for details.

I previously had PowerDVD on the computer via the OEM when the computer was purchased, but it was like v9 and I uninstalled it months ago.

Any ideas?

Yes, I've already ran ccleaner on the registry. Also, when I search the registry for that string/file (the first 8 characters), it isn't even found in the registry.

Go to: