Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have Power DVD 9 Ultra installed on Windows 7 64 bit computer. I was able to play blu ray discs including Cars, Madagascar, etc. the last few months in 2010. The last 2 rentals Avatar and Ghost Writer (released 2010) do not play - I get 2 prompts to select region code and then I got up saying internal error (800401F9).

I then applied latest patch (available as of Jan 20, 2011) and now I get the same 2 prompts to select region code and then it says PowerDVD cannot play the media. Is this a media problem? I have not tried to get cars blu ray again as it would take a week or 2.

The problem is that Power DVD says (info tab) says that I have not selected region code and the number of changes is 0. I have always played North American blu ray discs on a North American system. I believe I may have been prompted to select region code even earlier (in 2010) but I never paid attention since it did not result in an error.

I have tried reinstalling power Dvd 9 and also the workaround someone posted in the forum about deleting LocalSettings with internet disconnected - These do not work.

Also I have Zone Alarm Firewall and Symantec Anti Virus if that makes any difference.

Please help.
Go to: