Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you, it's working now.

Neil
Sorry it's taken so long.

PowerDVD full Version: PowerDVD 11 Ultra with the 1719 patch installed
PowerDVD SR Number: DVD110510-11
PowerDVD TR Number (if shown): TR110524-018
Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version): Vista 64
Do you use administrator or restricted user account? Admin
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW? Retail
Used VGA: ATI Radeon HD 5750
Used VGA driver version: 8.861.0.0000
Used Audio device: ATI High Definition Audio Device
Used Audio device driver version: 6.58.0.6601
The Audio setting in PowerDVD and in OS (default devices): powerdvd - 6 speaker, os - AMD HDMI output
Used ODD drive (full model name and Firmware Version): LG BDDVDRW GGC-H20L not sure of firmware
Used Display(s): Onkyo TX-SR508 receiver into Panasonic TH-42PZ80BA plasma tv
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI) : HDMI
Which Display refresh rate do you use while Playback (24/25/50/60/120/...) : 24
Are you using single or dual monitor environment : single
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using: Comodo Internet Security 2011 Pro
Which Internet Browser Software is installed : Opera, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome
Do you use virtual ODD (e.g Daemon Tools): No

When I use powerdvd on my hdtv it only plays a handful of frames a second and there is no sound, this occurs when I go through my receiver and also if I go directly into the tv. This problem does not occur on my pc monitor though.

The error started occurring about two weeks ago and updating to the most recent powerdvd version and ati drivers released in the meantime has not had any effect.
I just worked out that I have watched a bluray on my hdtv through powerdvd 11, it was about a month and a half ago on the same day that I downloaded it and it worked fine. I can't think of anything that has changed in the meantime barring installing the new ati drivers.
It's been a while since I watched any blurays on my hdtv (I'm not even sure if it was back on Powerdvd 10) but when I tried tonight at first it wouldn't play at all until I applied the latest patch after which it would play but only a handful of frames a second. Playback on the pc monitor is fine though.

I was using the latest ATI driver and tried going back to an older one but that didn't make any difference.
I've quoted both my order numbers, I hope that was sufficient.
Are you saying that the updgrade to version 10 can only be done from version 8 or 9?

I purchased the upgrade from 7 to 9 back in February, the file was called PowerDVD9Ultra_UpgradeFromUltra_1719.exe but it looks like I deleted it, I've still got the file to upgrade to 10.

So all I need is the file PowerDVD9Ultra_UpgradeFromUltra_1719.exe

I've sent an email to the support address so I'm hoping they send me a link to the file.

Thanks

Neil
Right I've found the disk and installed it but I'm back down to 7.3 ultra and it won't play either dvd's or blurays.

I've tried running the update files I've got but they say I need version 8.

Where do I find an update to take me from 7.3 to 10?

Thanks
I'm having one problem after another, firstly I could only get sound over hdmi and not from my sound card.

After trying different things and getting nowhere I decided to re-install powerdvd and this is where I've hit a brickwall when I discovered all the files on my hard drive are update files and I can't find the disk that originally came with the bluray drive.

How can I get a full version to install?

I was running powerdvd 10 ultra.

Please help.
Go to: