Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So in PowerDVD 9 the network browsing function worked fine, but in PowerDVD 10 you skipped this feature?? I find this very strange, why would you put PowerDVD 10 a step backwards in this regard? All payed multimedia software today support network browsing, heck even all free multimedia software supports it. What was the management of Cyberlink thinking when they made this decision?
I had a long email conversation with Cyberlink support regarding Question ID: CS000919970 and that experience wasn't to positive. Ever since I upgraded to PowerDVD 10 Ultra, I'm unable to browse my local network. Which I find weird, since I didn't have that problem in PowerDVD 9 Ultra. Long story short: the end result was that Cyberlink support gave me the answer that Cyberlink never tested the network functions in PowerDVD 10 and therefor it may not work... I'm real confused here, since PowerDVD 10 clearly has a label named "network" in the file browser. Also see the following 2 pictures I attached as weblink: click here for zipfile.

If people from Cyberlink read this thread, all other information like dxdiag, msinfo, driver versions, os type, etc. are linked as attachment under Question ID: CS000919970 in the Cyberlink support system.

I posted the entire email conversation below:

Myself:
I purchased PowerDVD 10 Ultra, after installing and running the program I noticed I couldn't browse my local network. The networklist in PowerDVD 10 stays empty. I don't receive any error messages, I also disabled my firewall and I checked my share settings in Windows 7. When I use Windows Explorer I have no problems at all browsing my network, also the previous version of PowerDVD (version 9 Ultra) worked fine browsing my network, so I'm curious why PowerDVD 10 is giving me problems.

Cyberlink Support:
Dear Dennis,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are facing issues while mapping your hard drive for PowerDVD 10 software.

Dennis, in regards to your concern I would like to recommend you to map the harddrive the way show that you get an icon under My Computer. If you get the icon under My Computer you will be certainly able to do it for PowerDVD 10 software. If issue persists, kindly provide 2 snapshots, wherein one showing the icon under My Computer and other while mapping it for your PowerDVD 10 software.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

Thanks and Regards
CyberLink Technical Support

Myself:
My Windows network shares are fine. Please see the attached pictures showing the shared computers I have in my local network and the picture showing the empty networklist in PowerDVD 10. Like I mentioned in my previous query, I have no problems browsing my local network from within My Computer in Windows 7. Only PowerDVD 10 is giving me problems.

Cyberlink Support:
Dear Dennis,

I understand that you are facing issues while mapping your hard drive for PowerDVD 10 software..
Dennis, in regards to your concern, I would like to recommend you make sure your computer's firewall is not blocking it and also make sure your all resources are in the same network. If issue persists, I would like to suggest you to uninstall the software and install it again.

Kindly download and run the CL Cleanup tool to remove "GUID" keys of PowerDVD 10 from your computer with the help of the given link:

ftp://userhidden:passhidden@ftp.gocyberlink.com/new/CLCleaner-PowerDVD10.0.zip

Now, please reboot you computer and install the CyberLink PowerDVD 9 software by right clicking on the under mentioned link and select "Open in new window" or "Save as" and then enter the following username and password:

PowerDVD 9 Ultra (build:2320) [Win7, Vista ready] (do not online activation)(Size: 112 MB)

http://downloadlinkhidden/PowerDVD/PDVD9_Ultra_2320_DVD091223-01_R2.exe

User Name: *hidden*
Password: *hidden*

Note: Password valid duration is 2010/10/04 00:00 Hrs ~ 2010/10/10 23:59 Hrs PST. I suggest you to download the software before 2010/10/10 23:59 Hrs PST

CD-Key : *hidden*

Now, download the upgrade to PowerDVD 10 ultra from the given link. Kindly right click on the under mentioned link and select "Open in new window" or "Save as" and then enter the following username and password:

PowerDVD 10 Ultra Upgrade Build (Upgrade from Ultra) (build:1516) [Win7, Vista ready] (Size: 122MB)
http://downloadlinkhidden /PowerDVD/CyberLink.1516_DVD100305-04.exe

User Name: *hidden*
Password: *hidden*

Note: Password valid duration is 2010/10/04 00:00 Hrs ~ 2010/10/10 23:59 Hrs PST. I suggest you to download the software before 2010/10/10 23:59 Hrs PST.

CD-Key : *hidden*

Once, the software is installed completely, kindly update the latest patch 2113 using the link given below:

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html

Note:
- Kindly do not run any internet applications while downloading PowerDVD installation file.

- Disable any spyware software installed on your computer and set the "Privacy" settings to low by going to Tools --> Internet Options --> Privacy tab after

launching Internet Explorer.

- The username, password and the CD Key are case sensitive and should be entered exactly as they are provided to you.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or
for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below
mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

Thanks and Regards,

Myself:
I double-checked my network settings, I disabled my firewall and antivirus, I uninstalled PowerDVD 10, I ran the cleanup tool, I rebooted the pc and I reinstalled PowerDVD 10. The problem still remains! Also I still think it's a bug in PowerDVD 10, I have installed a trial version of PowerDVD on a friends pc and he has the same problem!

Cyberlink Support:
Dear Dennis,

I understand that you are facing issues while mapping your hard drive for PowerDVD 10 software.

John, in regards to your concern I would like to inform you that I would need to escalate your concern to the higher department. Hence, please provide the following information so that I can escalate the issue to higher department.

1. Power DVD serial number

Let me know the Serial number. SR should be like "SR_No=XXXXXX_XX".

(a). Find the SR Number before installing the software from a CD:

You can find the SR Number before you install the software from a CD. Use Windows' Search feature to search a file called "info.ini" on the installation CD. There might be more than one info.ini file. Open either one of them and you can find a line starts with the "SR_No". The value in the right side of SR_No is the SR Number.

(b). Find the SR Number after installing the software:

If you have installed the program, you can use below given steps to find the SR Number:

I) Find the SR Number in the program menu:

You also can find the SR Number in the About dialog by clicking the Help menu on the program and select About [program name].

II) Find the SR Number in the Registry

After you installed the CyberLink software, click the Windows Start menu. Click Run, in the dialog that appears, key in "regedit" to launch the "Registry Editor". In the left pane of Registry Editor, extend the path to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/ CyberLink///BuildInfo". In this path you can see there is a "SR_No" in the right pane. The "Data" column has a few digits and that is the SR Number.

2. Snapshot of the page reflecting the issue or the snapshot of page showing the error message if any.

To take a screen shot, please press Print Screen key on your keyboard when this error comes. Then go to Start>programs>Accessories>Paint. Paste the screen capture there by pressing Ctrl+V or alt+Edit+Paste. Save the file and send to us for analysis.

3. Please use the link below to collect your system information and then send it to us.

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/trial/pdvd/tool/CLCollectUserInfo.zip

Please follow the steps below.

Step 1: Download the tool and double click CLCollectUserInfo.zip to unzip files. The winzip will create the folder name, CLCollectUserInfo.

Step 2: Select the folder, CLCollectUserInfo, and double click "CollectUserInfo.exe"

Step 3: Click "Collect" button

Step 4: Once the process finish, click the "Cancel "button to close the program.

Step 5: Provide the CollectUserInfo.cab to support team. (The CollectUserInfo.cab will be stored on "CLCollectUserInfo" folder)

4. Once again send the Updated DxDiag.txt log file.

You can use the steps that follow to create this file:

1. Start --> All Programs --> Accessories -->Run
2. Type in DXDIAG and press Enter or click OK, this will open the DirectX diagnostic tool.
3. Click on the Save All Information Button (save this file to your windows desktop and name it dxdiag).

5. MSInfo32.txt

Please use the below steps to create this file.

a) Press the Windows Key\Execute (the key with the Windows logo on your keyboard) + R (at the same time).

b) Type in MSINFO32 and press Enter or click 'OK'. This will open the MSINFO diagnostic panel.

c) Click "File" in the top left, then click "Save" - this will prompt you to choose a location to save the file.

d) When the "Save" window appears, choose the Desktop to save your file.

e) Click "Save". Save the file to your Desktop.

f) Use Winzip to compress the file.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

Thanks and Regards

Myself:
I added all the info you asked for in a zipfile as attachment.

Cyberlink Support:
Dear Dennis,

Dennis, in regards to your concern I would like to inform you that I have escalated your case and I am afraid to inform you that PowerDVD 10 is not tested for working under Lan connections. Hence, they have informed, as this feature is not supported and tested so may not work.

I sincerely regret for your inconvenience.

Thanks and Regards

Go to: