Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Michael:
Thank you for your excellent post. I isolated the problem and found that by shortening about 1% of my file names to ridiculously short names that have no descriptive value (a few old ones were 170 characters long due to encryption) that I was able to make it work. I set it to UDF 1.5, I have a choice of UDF 1.5, 2.0,2.5 or IS)9660/Joliet.
Also, long file names are not a problem if the file being copied is on the C drive; the problem was triggered by burning a data DVD from data on a "J" drive that was setup by Cypherix 8.1 encryption software. I unlocked Cypherix before copying.
I never could find what Cyberlink's rules are for the number of characters in a file name or why the software would not take the initiative to shorten them the way my old Roxio 7 did in a PC running Windows XP. I find it interesting that newer technology makes things worse for me.
Unable to burn a DVD data file due to long file name restrictions. I searched a lot but could not find what is the maximum number of characters for a file name. The software won't let me burn a DVD unless I shorten file names. My old Roxio7 used on an XP PC would shorten names automatically. I am now using a new Windows 7 PC with Power2Go V 7 factory installed (bundled) by HP. I can only burn a few files at time that have under 55 characters file name. Burning 1 or 2 Gig of data with thousands of files to a data DVD would require shortening hundreds of file names manually, so I can only burn a few sample files to see what works. Would upgrading to a premium version help? I have gotten several answers from the web based support but their advice never worked.
Go to: