Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Hi,

Updates are always free on all CyberLink products.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/index_en_US.html

Power2Go 7 just came out, so there are no updates yet available for version 7. When there is, it will be free.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/power2go/patches_en_US.html

Power2Go 7 is a new version, with new features. Hence the reason it is not free.

Going from version 6 to version 7 is clearly an upgrade, not an update. You are confusing the difference between the two.

Dave
wow,comon u joking right,so the people who bought v6 few months ago cannot get v7 unless they pay for the upgrade?so if cyberlink make another version like 8 in few months u still charge people who bought v7??hope everyone read this thread couse it shows how u cyberlink people treat the costumers,and i hope no one buy this con product
Quote: Hi,

I have never heard of a company offering a free upgrade if they upgrade with a year of you buying the software. Most companies update their software once a year. If you have some examples of this, please share.

The CL policy is if you purchase the product within a month of the new version, you are entitled to a free upgrade. Pretty standard from what I have experience.

Dave
im not talking to upgrade dude ,im talking about the updates,i had Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 then last month 2011 come out ,did i pay extra for that NO,same to Registry Mechanic 9 and now got 10 did i pay extra for the UPDATES NO,damn man use u head,i said few months ago i got Power2GO and not few years,please read before u post and IT IS A DAMN CON FOR A COMPANY LIKE CYBERLINk,im fed up with this extra pay to them i should have Stayed With NERO,and what the hell u mean with this [[The CL policy is if you purchase the product within a month of the new version, you are entitled to a free upgrade. Pretty standard from what I have experience]] WITHIN A MONTH wth,so people who buys this crapy con software within 9-10 months they have to pay extra even 4 months left of their 12 months free updates?????
hi,i got Power2Go 6 got it few months ago,why do i have to pay extra to update on Power2Go 7,this is a rip off and con,every company who updates their softwares never ask for extra to the costumers unless is out their 12 month warranty
Go to: