Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: There have been a lot of posts both pro and con on the use of a Solid State Drive for your OS.

Powerdirector uses the C: drive for all of its temporary files. PD8 needs about 100 GB of free space on the C: drive to work well.

Since your whole SSD drive is only 64 GB, it will fill up fast.
It is not a good idea to have a SSD drive when you do Video Editing with Powerdirector.

I can uninstall it and install it on a different drive. But I do still need where the 'Temp' files are located. Somewhere on my C drive are some huge Cyberlink files. I found quite a few and have deleted them but didn't seem to free up any more space on it.

Do you know the exact folder?
Hi again. I have a 64gig Solid State Drive on my computer. That's where my O/S resides. It's also my "C" drive. For some reason, as I produced a few movies with PD8, I noticed, my drives are filling up fast. All of my output files and saves are to another bigger drive. But something is defaulting to my "C" drive and it's taking up a lot of space.

I know it has to be something with PD8 because I've not downloaded or installed any other software. Does anyone know which folder is the 'culprit'? I need to delete a lot of something because it's down to 5% free.

Please tell me where to look. Thanks.
I don't either, but something had to happen. Even if I drag down a "blur" transition to all of my pictures, they are too big and cover up the whole time line. When I play the video, the pictures only appears for a split second before the blur appears then the next for a split second. All pics are set to be 5 sec in duration in preference and all transition are set to be 2 sec by default. That hasn't changed. The transitions are not lasting longer. But my pictures's duration are down to a second.
Not sure what happened but recently, I have had some transition problems. I have about 30 pictures on the timeline. I select "Blur". Down below, I thought there was a button that says "Apply transition to all"-meaning the Blur. But instead, there's only the "Apply random transition" and "Apply fade transition to all".

Even when I do that, the transition is bigger than the picture clip (at 4 seconds). When I press play, the pictures only shows up for 1 seconds.

What happened here? I don't recall having so many weird issues last year when I used this to produced a few movies.
Hello again-

I am adding some music to my slideshow and there's one song where it is loud at the beginning, then goes silence for 30 seconds, then it goes loud again. I want to cut out the silence part. I'm trying to put the marker at the position and deleting, but I'm deleting the beginning and end and NOT the middle like I want. I have the feeling I'm not putting the markers in the right way.

Could someone explain to me step by step how to do this? Thank you so much.
Got it. Thank you.
Last year, I made a picture DVD for my wedding. I gathered a bunch of pictures together, from Bachelor Party right to the reception at the end, put some music to it, did some editing where on one group of pictures, it would fade into the next. That was easy. But then on a next group of picture, it would be contained in a picture frame. Then it would transition from one picture frame to the next at different angles, like someone throwing the pictures on a table. Was that done with PD8? If so, how can I do that again? I'm trying to find that feature but cannot find it. Please help. Thanks.
I emailed Tech Support and they provided me with the link. Thank you. Problem solved.
I downloaded this to my computer a few years ago. Then I did uninstall and install. I must have not downloaded the contents. I see some links on Youtube but they don't seem to work (zip files). Are there any .exe files out there that I can download? From Cyberlink perhaps?
Remember last year when I used PD8, I produced movie clips with bubble dialogs. Now, I don't see them anywhere on the editing screen under Text. The only thing I see is the simple text box and a a few items I downloaded. What happened to the rest?
I've had PD8 now for over a year. I bought my new computer last year....top end specs just so I can burn blu ray movie. With that said, I've had so many issue with this software. I've successfully burned 1 BD movie out of 3. I've burned 4 out of 5 DVDs with no problem. But the big one....the one I've wanted to do was my wedding last fall. Could not burn it in BD for the life of me. Can't burn it to disc. Can't burn it to hard drive. Every time, it would say "Burning unsuccessful. Non specified error".

It is one of the most frustrating thing. When you're tearing through BD discs and you can't figure out why it's turning into coasters, it's the most annoying. So I essentially gave up. Anytime I want to see my wedding in HD, I have to connect the camcorder to the TV. I couldn't get any help so I gave up.

This year, I wanted to burn a football game for my neighbor. Told her I'd make her son a DVD of him playing football. Going through PD8 reminded me why I stopped using this software. It crashed on my numerous time during the editing process. I had to save, save, and save every 2 minutes.

Then it was ready to burn. Put in my DVD, checked burned to disc and to hard drive, and after 10 minutes..."Burning unsuccessful. Non specified error".

I would like to get some help on here for this last attempt. If I can't resolve this problem, I'm going to delete PD, just like I deleted Roxio prior to this, and find another editing software.

Thanks
I would appreciate any help with a related topic.

When I'm creating the menu (in the content tab), I have the Play and Scenes button. I change it to a different font and size. I do that to all the menu screens as well (where it defaults as MY VIDEO). Once I'm done (I have 5 page each with 2 menu), I save the project.

For some reason, when I close out and return, and import in my project, it asks "Do you want to keep using the menu date of the project profile?". No matter if I choose yes or no, my menu background is gone. My custom fonts are gone. I'm back with the generic text and background.

What happened? What can I do to prevent this? It takes literally 15 minutes to make the corrections because for some reason, editing the fonts on each video menu goes extremely slow.

Thx
Quote: I have Power Director Version 8. I am trying to edit a DVD menu and can't find any way to edit or change the main title that says "My Videos" I don't want it to say "My Videos" on the main root menu in my dvd. How do I change this?
Thanks so much.

I had to change the fonts, color, etc. manually myself. You have to start in the "Create" stage . Click on the Menu Preference tab, then Menu Structure. Then you can go into each screen and edit the "My Video" into something else.
Quote: mrteeth2005

First off, instead of burning directly to a Blu-Ray disk (ouch, hurts the wallet), you should burn to a folder then when that is successful, burn with disk authoring software the blu-ray folder.

If you don't have the burn to folder option.

See this: How to activate the blu-ray folder.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8131.page

Well the good news is that I was able to burn it to a folder. The bad news is that at 84%, PD8 crashed again. But you did just save me a few bucks for a BD disc. Now if I can figure out why it crashes, my project is done.
OK. I got it and did what you suggested. It seems to work but now my problem is burning the project. For some reason, PD8 crashed around the 60-85% burn mark and I throw away another BD disc. Updated to the latest version. What else can it be? Here's the error message.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PDR8.exe
Application Version: 8.0.0.3022
Application Timestamp: 4c2017c8
Fault Module Name: SE_CLSEditorX.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.1.0.2402
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b15e819
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00001267
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
So what do you think I should do to get it working properly with what I want? SHould I redo it, this time producing one clip at a time and marking each?
OK so bare with me as I'm trying to finish my first BIG BD project of my wedding. In my project, I have an hour and a half HD footage of my wedding. After the video are 4 slide shows of pictures. From beginning to end, I've added 12 chapters to my project (ie Before Wedding, During Wedding, Post wedding, reception, slideshow 1, slideshow 2, etc.).

Then I produce the project in H.264 HD 1920x1080. When I create the project, the chapters are gone. What I mean is when I click on the folder tab "Content", it shows the first scene. In the same box, I see the "Show Chapters" link. I press on that and the 1st chapters show but the other 11 are gone. Essentially it only shows Chapter 1.

So my question is where did it go? What can I do to get them to appear on the DVD menu screen? Am I confusing Menu and Chapters?

I just want to be able to have someone play the movie, and in the front page, have my title, Play, and Menu. If I press Menu, it will show the 12 chapters that I marked.

HOw can I do this?

many thanks for those that can explain this to me.
OK...still trying to be creative with my projects. What I want to do is this:

I have a video slide of my wedding with some music background. Easy project. On each picture though, especially of the wedding party and guests, I'd like to have a signature scribble of the name of the person(s) on the picture. The signature would not just fade in and out. I know how to do that. What I want to have it do is to have it so that it would be like if someone was signing the picture itself. Does that make sense? Can PD8 have this capability?

Can this be done?

Thanks.
I'm on my 3rd Blu Ray project and so far things are pretty good. I've kept my videos pretty simple so far. However, on my latest video (my recent wedding). I put some pictures between video scenes.

What I'm doing is this:

1. Put a 30 minute video.
2. Then at a certain point in the video, I want to import in a bunch of pictures, then resume with another video clip.

This is simple enough. However, when I put in the pictures, I would like to have a slide show with music. This means, in order to get Slideshow started, I would have to select 45 pictures. Is there a way to click a few buttons and have all the pictures selected? I don't want to select the video clips. Just the pics so I can do Slideshow.

Thx
Hi everyone-

I've asked this before but I've not gotten an answer. What I'd like to do is to create a Blu Ray menu. That's where, when you press 'Menu' on your remote, the menu pops up without leaving the scene you're watching. That way you can advance to another chapter while still watching your movie. Can that be done?

Thanks-

Go to: