Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Install #1: the one that gets the pop up message but sound still works when playing 3d .mpg files.
Started with Blu Ray disc suite (PDVD that came with Samsung Blu Ray drive.
Upgraded to PDVD 10 Ultra on March 20, 2010. Downloaded the file that day (122MB). Windows Explorer shows it as File version # 4.0.100.190. Have installed each update as they came out since then.

Install #2: the one with no sound on 3d.mpg files.I only installed Windows 7 a month ago today so not positive as to which PDVD install file I used but can say for certain that the latest patch is the only patch I installed.

Hope this helps.
3D Bluray playback is NOT a problem. Yes I do have the 260.63 drivers installed with a hdmi 1.4a 3d receiver & "hi speed" category 2 hdmi cables.

3D .mpg file playback is the problem!

SAME MACHINE: 2 separate Windows 7 Home Premium installs. PDVD 10 Ultra Mark 2 latest patch.

Install #1: when playing 3d .mpg file: results in the "upgrade" message which I "x" out, but I still get the audio.

Install #2: when trying to play same files: I get no audio at all & in the PDVD configuration options the "audio: option"outright disappears! If I play a 3d .ts or .wmv file the "audio configuration" is now available & I have audio.

What's next? Uninstall PDVD & reinstall? If so what PDVD 10 Ultra file do I start with as the .2113 file is an update?

Thank's again for your time.

Ranger One
Michael: sorry it took so long to get back to you. Issues with my HTPC system on another computer.

Audio: using the HDMI out from the GTX 460 card which is the default for the OS & PDVD.

The link below will direct you to the files: "Grand Canyon Adventure River At Risk", James Cameron Avatar 3D trailer" & "Battle For Terra 3D Trailer.

http://www.tru3d.com/3D_Gaming_Media/3d_video_clips.php

Hope this info helps!

Ranger One
Michael: Info you requested:

Windows 7 Home Premium PowerDVD 10 Ultra Info:

PowerDVD 10 Mark 2 Version 10.0213.51
SR Number: DVD100826-02
TR Number: TR100913-063

Both installs have same info. Install #1 gets the pop up message regarding upgrading to PowerDVD Deluxe but still plays sound on the 3d .mpg files.

Install 2 doesn't get the message but no audio when trying play the same 3d .mpg files.

Diaxdiag info: The Mistubishi monitor is normally set at 1980 x 1020 at 60HZ.

I have PowerDVD 10 Ultra with latest patch, GTX 460 HDMI out video card with latest beta drivers.

I have two different Windows 7 Home Premium installs on the same computer.

Now that PDVD 10 Ultra has 3d file playback I've been trying to play back downloaded 3d .mpg files. I have no problem getting 3d video playback. The problem is the audio out thru the hdmi audio out. ( The hdmi audio is working for EVERYTHING else!). Blurays & 3d Blurays play fine. On one install (the older one) when trying to play the .mpg 3d files I get a prompt that "this version doesn't support dvd & mpeg file playback" (not exact message) & I should upgrade to Power DVD 10 Deluxe yet the audio still plays.

On the second install when trying to play the 3d .mpg files I get no audio & the audio configuration disappears from the PDVD 10 Ultra configuration options.

What's going on here?

Thank's for the quick reply! Once this is updated am I correct in thinking that I will be able to play 3D video file on my DLP tv?

I update PowerDVD 10 Ultra to the latest version & now see the ability to plat back 3D Blu rays.
I saw a review at "Tom's Hardware" site (link below) for the "Mark 2 Update" & it showed an option for 3D media file playback that is not showing up in my configuration options. The reason I ask is I have "side by side" .avi file from the Masters broadcast that PowerDVD didn't convert for Mitsubishi DLP tv. I was able to play a wmv file that worked just fine.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/blu-ray-3d-3d-vision-3d-home-theater,2636-6.html

Did I miss something or is this option in the next update?

Keep up the good work!

I tried adding an attachment for the picture, hopefully it shows up!

Thank's,
RangerOne

Go to: