Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: QUESTION. If it works, can I have multilple AVCHD HD (2.0) home made creations on the same external USB HD?? So I can navigate with the S590 and select what folder/movie to play??
Thanks!!!

I do not think if there is a possibility to use an external usb harddisc in the way that you wish to do, but I think such a kind of navigation is not foreseen on an external usb stick or harddisc.

What you could try is to save the pure videofile to different directorys, and your Sony S590 will show you the directory structure - and you can navigate in the structure with the S590. But playback seems to work in 2D and 1080 60i only, what should be fine for 2D and people who shoot in 1080 60i but not for s3D.

Quote: IT WORKS! The Powerdirector 3D menu was in 24p but when I selected and started the video the XBR-65HX929 switched in 60i.
Do you think I could try 60p?

I think 1080 60p will not work - s3D seems not to work with 50p or 60p up to now. I am not sure if the bandwith of hdmi allows that. Since you will come from 60i anyway the deinterlacing takes place at the HDTV at the moment - but that is fine, since your software-deinterlacer will not be better in most cases.

Quote: A side comment... I plug the usb memory stick to the usb port of the Sony XBR-65HX929 to see if it would play it directly... None... it shows the AVCHD complete directory structure, Sony is weird!!! Why not updating it so we could just plug the stick in the TV and go??? At the price of those models... I've got the latest firmware downloaded, it's on the internet directly...

I think we have to be happy that some new 3D-BD-players allow the AVCHD 2.0 playback. And even that is limited to the newer models of Panasonic and Sony - and even there you do not find a good documentation about that feature. At the moment it is unlikely that an HDTV will be able to playback AVCHD 2.0 directly - maybe the next generations, but I would not bet on that (the format is a year old only).

Quote: Very happy to be able to use PowerDirector and have full AVCHD 2.0 3D movies without losing any resolution!!!

That is the major benefit - since the industry has decide to sell s3D cameras with 1080 50i/60i in the price range of maybe 1000 US$, the user can avoid conversion and conversion losses with AVCHD 2.0/3D - both with 2D 1080 50p/60p and s3D 1080 50i/60i.

Quote: PowerDirector should update the BLU-RAY burning to "ADD" AVCHD 2.0 as well, like Sony does with their software products, that would be just perfect!

Well, I think there is an authoring possibility for AVCHD 2.0/3D in Pinnacle Studio 16. I am not sure if that is in the PD11 foreseen too, but I understood that you have tested that - did you not say that the 3D menus are in 1080 24p, and then switch to 1080 60i? So that seems to be an authoring for s3D and AVCHD 2.0 (I have not tested that)?

There is no authoring for AVCHD 2.0/3D in Sony Vegas Moviestudio 12 or Sony Vegas Pro 12 - and not in the Sony DVDA6 too. Sony uses the more professional MVC-based Blu-ray structures. Also Grass Valley Edius 6.5 can create AVCHD 2.0/3D files with a structure like the PD11 does - but does not allow to author and burn that to Blu-ray really. Maybe that has the background in the standard.

In the 2D area, there is one tool to author AVCHD 2.0 - that is the Tmpgenc Authoring tool. But that is not foreseen for s3D.

Well, you are talking here not about MVC-based 3D-Blu-rays, but you are talking about a AVCHD 2.0/3D structure that includes a multistream s3D file. And you are right - such AVCHD 2.0 structures allow also 1080 50i/60i, but not only the 720 50p/60p or 1080 24p that are allowed by MVC-based 3D-Blu-rays.

That all is also described in that thread that tries to summarizes some ot this really new points - but the good news are that your Sony S590 is able to playback AVCHD 2.0, as you know.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1437294/the-avchd-3d-thread

I think you are right to use the Create disc section within 3D disc, BUT you must not take Blu-ray here, since that will allow to generate the MVC based 3D-BDs only (and that is restricted to 720 50p /60p and 1080 24p). You have to take AVCHD, in the German version it is then "Wechseldateträge" what are SDHC cards or usb sticks maybe - I am not sure how the wording is in the English version. And then you have to make sure that you use AVCHD 3D - and here you are able to choose 108 50i or 60i.

Then you save the structure to an external stick or the hard disc, take the PRIVATE directory and use 3rd party tools like the CD-burner XP and burn that to a Blu-ray. The S590 is able to playback such a structure from a Blu-ray BD-R or BD-RE.
Es gibt im PD10 keine Paarungsfunktion für Clips - das findet sich leider nur in anderen Produkten (Sony Vegas Moviestudo 12, Vegas Pro 10/11, Edius 6.5). Vielleicht auch in Magix Pro X4... letzteres weiß ich nicht.
Die Frage halte ich für in die falsche Richtung gedacht. Nur weil in der ZDF-Mediathek ein Film als Side-by-Side Half vorliegt, ein Format in dem auch etwa Sky sein 3D sendet, würde ich Ausgangsmaterial der TD10 nicht in dieses, in der Auflösung halbierte Format wandeln wollen. Wäre schade um die Qualität.

Sondern ich würde es zu MVC ausgeben wollen, also in 2x1920x1080 erhalten. Und ich würde mich um den Platzbedarf wenig kümmern. Festplatten kosten heute nicht mehr soo viel, und wenn du einen 3D Blu-ray Player hast würde ich eine 3D Blu-ray brennen und mir die ins Regal legen.

Im videotreffpunkt.com findest du übrigens auch einige TD10 Filmer, für den gemeinsamen Austausch.
It is not possible to pair two videostreams in the PD10 as you can do that in other products. Unfortunately not. The way suggested here is something that should not be recommende for 3D really.
It is the same with my ASUS monitor that 3D works only via DVI. Well as long as you use that connection it should be fine.

The settings that I have here in the nvidia control panel are (sorry that I have here the German version, but I try to give you a translation, even if that will not be the exact wording):

Within 3D settings you find the Programm settings. Here you have to add the PD10.

For the PD10 I have here the following settings:
- overlay aktivieren/overlay enable: on
- stereo aktivieren/stereo enable: on
- stereo anzeigemodus/stereo preview modus: generisches aktives stereo (mit nvidia 3D vision)/generic active stereo (with 3D vision)

With the GUI on my 120 Hz ASUS monitor and with one other monitor enabled in the system, I do not get the error message that you describe. I get the error message when I move the GUI to the other monitor.

I see the internal 3D preview in 3D on the internal small display with those settings. If I enable the 3rd monitor that I have in my system, the 3D preview is not shown in the internal small display, but on the full display all the time - and here the PD10 tends to crash from time to time.

Hope that helps.
Bett, do you run more then one monitor? So maybe the 120 Hz 3D monitor and another 2D monitor - what is typical for some people?

If you do so, and if you have the PD10 surface on the 2D monitor, and think that you can use the 3D monitor to preview the 3D video - well then that is the issue and you get the error message.

You have to shift the PD10 GUI to the 3D monitor, then you will see that the PD10 recognizes the 3D 120 Hz monitor. I have not found any way how the PD10 work with 2 monitors if one is a 3D 120 Hz montor using nvidia 3D vision - what is a little bit borring since I have here my 3 monitor system (if you run 3 monitors it does not work at all - I always have to disable the 3rd monitor).

Maybe you have to define in the nvidia 3D vision driver also the PD10 as 3D application in addition and set it to 3D too.
Nach den jüngsten Tests von Usern im Videotreffpunkt scheint das leidige Nachziehproblem beim Encoden von 1080 50i Material auch zu 720 50p doch nicht gelöst zu sein:

http://www.videotreffpunkt.com/thread.php?threadid=13382&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=10
My experience with TD10 footag in the PD10 is, that the PD10 recognizes the 3D footage in a nice way. With nvidida 3D vision and a 120 Hz monitor, there is still the issue that with 3 monitors the 3D preview does not work in a perfect way, since the preview switches to the full monitor all the time (the preview in the internal preview windows works with 2 monitors in a correct way only). And there is the issue that the PD 10 GUI must be located at the 120 Hz monitor - otherwise the preview will not work.

However, that is a preview issue - with 2 monitors I see here a correct 3D preview from TD10 PAL footage.

And the footage can be rendered in the PD10 to a 3D BD in a nice way, with menus what is still not possible in Vegas Pro 11.

I have not tested your uploaded footage. There is one limitation at least in Vegas - if you edit the footage within the TD10 the 3D effect is lost. I do not know if that takes place in the PD10 too.
Deine Frage dürfte sein, wie man es schafft dass nur der Mond aus dem Bild herausragt? Nun, dann muss das Bild so aufgebaut sein, dass der Mond eine sogenannte negative Parallaxe hat. Der Mond muss also vor dem Scheinfenster liegen. Dies wäre aber etwas, was bereits bei der Filmaufnahme zumindest vorbereitet sein muss - denn dazu muss der Mond auch vor der Aufnahme bereits vor dem Hintergrund liegen.

Im PD10 findest du dann nur eher einfach gehaltene Möglichkeiten zur Justierung vor - aber über die horizontale Verschiebung bei den 3D Einstellungen kann man die Ebene des Scheinfensters zumindest grob fest legen. Es sollte vielleicht noch ergänzt werden, dass gerade das Beispiel des Mondes ein sehr ungünstiges ist, da der heraustretende Mond die Bildschirmkanten anschneidet und zu beträchtlichen Scheinfensterverletzungen führen würde. Sowas sollte man tunlichst vermeiden.
That is not an issue of the PD10, but an issue of the limitations from the 3D Blu Ray specification - what allows only 1080 24p, 720 50p and 720 60p.

So if you come from 1080 50i take 720 50p - and if you use 1080 60i use 720 60p. Quality losses are limited, due to the fact that 1080i looses resolution due to interline flicker in any case.

It is also no good idea to render 1080i to 1080 24p - here you will see a lot of quality losses too.
Super, danke!
Ok, ist gut zu wissen...

Gibt es irendwelche release notes, was sich alles im Patch getan hat?
Hallo Michael,

aber auf den Supportseiten liegt der neue Patch im Moment noch nicht, oder? Habe ihn dort nämlich noch nicht gesehen.
Irgendwie vermisse ich langsam diesen Patch - ich hoffe er ist bald da!
Es läßt sich doch recht einfach prüfen, ob die Halbbildfolge im Ausgabeprodukt vertauscht ist - denn genau danach riecht dieser Fehler. So wie sich das anhört läuft da halt beim Encoden zu mpeg2 was falsch - wenn das die Ursache wäre.
I am not sure if that can be avoided. If you use a 2D footage to create 3D footage, maybe you have to shift the footage to generate the 3D depth. And I think that this cannot be done at the left and right edge.
Quote: Hey guys, you've missed the opportunity to ask the user the usual questions that we ask when they obviously have an issue. (His PC ha splenty of punch for PD10) so let's not get off track.

Could not agree more with your recommendation.

The wish to bann people because they have an issue is no solution at all.
We are talking here about 3D only.

For 2D BDs, I think you can render to a lot of different interlaced formates tool
Quote:
I Have one of Panasonic's top of the line 3d tv's and Sony 3d video camera I have pinnacle studio and Vegas pro which serve my nicely. My only beef is I'm still waiting on the Ideal 3d editing program to come along and Power Director is soooo close to being it.
I have a lot of wonderful 3d video just waiting to be edited. I can view it through my camera and anyone who see's it on my 3d tv are amazed. I can make side by side and put it on a 25gb blu-ray and it's okay, but I want the full 1080p.

Well, in the actual PD10 version there is a bugs with the 3D authoring as you know - but that is a confirmed but what means that Cyberlink is working on that. I do now know when we will see a patch, and hope that it will not take too long.

To my opinion, you should be aware that the tools you can to edit 3D are focusing to different needs. For example, while your Vegas Pro is more for a professional approach and much more expensive, the PD10 is more for the homevideo fan and simply makes a lot of fun. I for my part like the combination, and there are a lot of people working on combined workflows to bring the strength of both tools together. For example, I like the better editing capabilities of Vegas, but I like the better authoring capabilities of PD10 for 3D.

The other point: if you wish to go für 1080 24p on Blu Ray, you have a strong conversion issue - you will not like the movie if movement is in if you simply render 1080 60i to 1080 24p. There is no good way to convert the 1080 60i footage of your TD10 to 1080 24p. That is not a limitation of the PD10, but it is a limitaton of th exisitng 3D Blu Ray formats and the fact that this conversion is not great at all. So I would test more 720 60p, at least that is available in PD10 for 3D authoring.
Go to: