Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"You must update CyberLink PowerDVD to continue the playback on this content."
MARK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2010 08:32 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased PowerDVD 9 Ultra to play Blu-Rays, however I get this same update message every time I try and play the blue-ray disc.

"You must update CyberLink PowerDVD to continue the playback on this content."

It wont allow me to play the blu ray disc at all, will keep asking for this update, doesnt matter if you click yes. Done it 100 times just doesnt work.

Any solutions?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 11. 2010 09:08

Simon [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2008 06:39 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Have you downloaded the update and installed it?

It normally opens up the web browser on the download page if you click YES although I have found that if you don't download the update the first time it doesn't open the web browser again.
Joel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2010 00:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm experiencing this issue as well, but it's only occured on the newest Blu Ray I've tried to run.

I'm using a Pioneer BD-202 that I just updated to firmware version 1.07 and PowerDVD 8 Ultra.

PowerDVD 8 Version 8.0.2521.50
PowerDVD SR Number DVD081202.02
Windows Vista 64
ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 version 8.32-090520m 1-081756c-ATI
HDMI output to a single Samsung LCD TV
Realtek High Definition Audio Version 6.0.1.5827
Saaber [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Saaber Joined: Apr 05, 2009 14:34 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Is this the problem you are having? See this link about this unresolved AACS update problem previous posted.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8830.page
haveblurayproblems [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2011 04:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought PowerDVD 10, and have the same problem. Did anyone get anywhere with this issue? Did anyone manage to solve it?
Saaber [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Saaber Joined: Apr 05, 2009 14:34 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
It is the Blu-ray disc player firmware. A replacement DVD/Blu-ray player will download the AACS update.