Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 15 Audio is muted when placed in timeline
[Post New]
The clip has audio. It plays in the library. However when droped in the timeline the audio symbol below the viewer changes to muted.

right click on the track the clip is NOT muted. Only muted below the video player, it default mutes when clip is moved from library to the timeline. It will NOT allow me to unmute.

I have had this program since it came out. I edit several videos weekly. Never had a clip auto muted when it is dropped in the timeline.

My only experiance with muting a clip is right click and select mute clip in the drop down menu. Again this is not shown with the checkmark which I would select to manually mute the clip or unmute the clip.

Appreciate your help.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
In the Set preview quality, make sure Real-time Preview is selected.

Jeff
cole1971 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2023 12:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The clip has audio. It plays in the library. However when droped in the timeline the audio symbol below the viewer changes to muted.

right click on the track the clip is NOT muted. Only muted below the video player, it default mutes when clip is moved from library to the timeline. It will NOT allow me to unmute.

I have had this program since it came out. I edit several videos weekly. Never had a clip auto muted when it is dropped in the timeline.

My only experiance with muting a clip is right click and select mute clip in the drop down menu. Again this is not shown with the checkmark which I would select to manually mute the clip or unmute the clip.

Appreciate your help.

Is there any other suggetsions for this, everything I put in timeline is muted. I have checked the right click and there is no reason it is muted as far as I can see.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are several other possibilities. Do you hear sound when you select a clip in the Media Library and click Play in the preview window? If not, then something's up with your sound system, either the volume level or the output device may not be what you're expecting.

If you do hear audio in the media library but not when clips are on the timeline, make sure you've set real-time preview as JL_JL suggested. Otherwise make sure the audio for the track you're placing clips on is enabled:

Michael8240 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2019 09:05 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The clip has audio. It plays in the library. However when droped in the timeline the audio symbol below the viewer changes to muted.

Appreciate your help.

I have exactly same problem. Audio is working in library and in preview, but goes mute when place in the timeline. Nothing aformentioned solutons help. Any other ideas?