Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 not recognizing my KWORLD USB Capture device
Eric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2009 23:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have searched, and noticed that some of you use this device.

The version of PD7 I have:
PowerDirector DE

I have installed the device, upgraded to the latest drivers, and it does show up in my Device Manager as a USB 2860 Device, under "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers"

Driver date : 8/12/2009
Driver version: 5.9.721.812

This is running on a AMD based PC running XP Pro SP3.

The device is recognized by Windows Movie Maker, but for some reason it is not recognized (or I don't know what I'm doing), in PD7. My list of capture devices are Webcam, Microphone, DVD/AVCHD camcorder.

I have a Webcam, so I assumed the KWORLD would be the DVD/AVCHD camcorder, yet everything I try won't allow me to capture from the device (I am trying to transfer Hi8 movies into mpeg2).

Any ideas, or help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA...Eric

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 26. 2009 22:48

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I don't have a Hi8 camera.

You'll have to treat the connections as being for a VHS etc device. RCA/SVideo connect. Click Play on your recorder and click record on the software.

PD7 does not support Hi8 cameras directly so the workaround may work.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Eric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2009 23:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the answer...I don't think it's the hi8 camera that's causing the problem. I think that PD7 isn't recognizing the KWORLD USB device. Since I'm using s-video and the two cables out of my Sony camcorder, I would have thought that as soon as I attached and started up PD7, it would have recognized the capture device, but it doesn't. The only choices I had were webcam (I have a Logitech webcam), DVD/AVCHD Camcorder, or PC microphone.

When you attach your KWORLD device, what type of capture device does it show up as in PD7 for you?

TIA...Eric
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
When I used to use PD7 I also used a KWORLD USB device with my Hi8 camera. I never had a problem capturing my video with either the S-video or RCA connection. The green light on the device would turn on when active in PD. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT