Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD9 2320 - Keyboard shortcuts don't work
GARY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2009 00:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded to Build 2320 for PowerDVD9 Ultra. I'm on Win 7 Pro x64. None of the keyboard shortcuts work anymore. This is a big deal for me because my HTPC Remote Control passes keyboard commands to PowerDVD.

Anyone else experience this problem and/or have a solution?

I've already tried contacting Cyberlink customer support and they are just complete idiots. I don't even know why I paid money to buy this crap. They should be paying me!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Gary,

you may think about to provide more info...

- Which brand and model of RC you use
- which driver version you use
- where do you see the issue (in 2ft UI PDVD in Cinema mode or in MCE plugin mode - or all three)
- did you changed some of the autostart services/programs manually?

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
GARY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2009 00:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I know for a fact it is not the remote control. I use my keyboard directly and none of the commands work. For example, spacebar is play/pause during playback. It does not work.

I am not sure what is 2ft UI PDVD mode or Cinema Mode. I do not use the MCE Plugin for PDVD. I did not change any PDVD autostart services at all.

I tried updating to the December release of PDVD9 and a system error pops up and I was unable to launch the application at all.

After uninstalling everything and re-patching up to the November 2320 release, I can no longer view any blu-rays at all. Apparently I have no changes of my region code left. Could this be because I have re-installed PDVD9 so many times and reset my region code?

I purchased this software 3 months ago and have not been able to use it as advertised on your website at all. I patiently waited for the promises of release 2320, and now I'm stuck with $90 software that no longer starts.
Simon [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2008 06:39 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Give this a go.

Go into settings and open the Player tab and see if the "Automatically connect to the internet for product information" option is checked.

If it is then uncheck it and restart PDVD and the keyboard should now work. It worked for me.
GUY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2009 17:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am also have the same problem. Keyboard shortcut don't work at all using the standard player, cimema mode or the MCE plugin. I have Windows 7 64bit and, for the most part, the microsoft ir reciever and media center keyboard. Any ideas when this will be fixed?

It is difficult to get to the blu-ray popup menus with out Ctrl+P. Would it be possible to add an option so that when you press the menu button on an MCE remove whilst playing a Bul-ray it takes you straight to the pop-up menu rather than ask you if you what the root-menu, pop-up menu or chapter list?

Also, while I am here, when you press the "i" button on the MCE remote in the MCE pluggin you get the PowerDVD menu and them over laid on top and MCE menu with "Security Settings", etc, which means you can't select options from the PowerDVD menu!

Guy
SCOTT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2009 13:09 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. I'm using PowerDVD 9 Ultra on Windows 7 32-bit. I found that in classic mode the keyboard shortcuts work fine, but in cinema mode they don't, in standalone or through Media Center. I would really like to get this fixed since most of my remote buttons don't work. Although pause Ctrl-P does bring up a pause menu and chapter skip forward and back works, but fast forward Ctrl-Sift-F and rewind Ctrl-Shift-B don't, but they do work in classic mode.
Verilogger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 12, 2009 14:33 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I upgraded to Build 2320 for PowerDVD9 Ultra. I'm on Win 7 Pro x64. None of the keyboard shortcuts work anymore. This is a big deal for me because my HTPC Remote Control passes keyboard commands to PowerDVD.

Anyone else experience this problem and/or have a solution?

I've already tried contacting Cyberlink customer support and they are just complete idiots. I don't even know why I paid money to buy this crap. They should be paying me!

Uncheck BDJ keyboard support checkbox in configuration. Restart powerdvd.
SCOTT [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did that and now the Keyboard shortcuts work in Cinema mode if I run PowerDVD directly, but still not if I run it from the Media Center interface.
Verilogger [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I did that and now the Keyboard shortcuts work in Cinema mode if I run PowerDVD directly, but still not if I run it from the Media Center interface.

What PowerDVD version? How are you running PDVD from Media Center?
SCOTT [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm using 9 Ultra with the latest 2320 build. It comes with Media Center integration to where it will play a BlueRay with the Media Center look and feel, even though it is actually running through PowerDVD. I'm assuming Media Center is intercepting the keyboard commands though and not passing them along to PowerDVD, because in that mode I can't get most of the keyboard shortcuts to PowerDVD to work. For example, F should fast forward, but it doesn't.
Verilogger [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I'm using 9 Ultra with the latest 2320 build. It comes with Media Center integration to where it will play a BlueRay with the Media Center look and feel, even though it is actually running through PowerDVD. I'm assuming Media Center is intercepting the keyboard commands though and not passing them along to PowerDVD, because in that mode I can't get most of the keyboard shortcuts to PowerDVD to work. For example, F should fast forward, but it doesn't.

I am not familiar with PDVD9.

I use PDVD7.3 with VMC plug-in @:

http://insightonsite.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=vmcreleases&thread=15

This plug-in can be configured to launch powerdvd with vmc (I am sure it can be used for pdvd9 - it is highly customizable and can be used for any application launch from within vmc - see instructions).

Try it out. If you believe that VMC is the issue, you can configure the plug-in to close VMC upon pdvd launch and then restart vmc upon pdvd exit. That should rule in/out vmc catching the keyboard strokes.
BRIAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2010 19:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue here. PowerDVD with the MCE integration does not allow me to do anything except move around the with arrows and select enter.
I'm assuming Media Center is intercepting the keyboard commands though and not passing them along to PowerDVD, because in that mode I can't get most of the keyboard shortcuts to PowerDVD to work.

I agree with the above statement. I have the same issue with the Netflix plugin. Is the issue with WMC7? I do know one way of resolving the issue. Use an official MCE remote. Unfortunately for me this will not work because I'm stuck with my Firefly remote. The wife loves it and I need RF.