Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdvd v7.3 Not Compatible w/ Windows 7 - Confirmed by Cyberlink Technical Support
Shannon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2009 03:47 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
If you receive these two errors messages after installing the latest patch (CyberLink.5711_TaRe43_DVD090826-05) under Windows 7:

Error 2932.Could not create files C:\Windows\Installer\{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}\1033.mst from script data. Error:32.

ComponentMoveData had the following error:

Component:
File Group:
File:
Error Number: -1603

You are pretty much out of luck, they will tell you to upgrade.

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD 7 Ultra.

In regards to your concern, we regret to inform you that PowerDVD 7 Ultra software is not compatible with Windows 7 OS.

So, we suggest you to purchase the upgrade to the PowerDVD 9.0 Ultra from PowerDVD 7.3 version software.

We suggest you to first make sure that you fulfill the system requirements of the PowerDVD 9.0 Ultra by refering to the link given below:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/movie-playback/powerdvd/require_en_US.html

Please follow the below link to purchase and download the upgrade to the PowerDVD 9.0 Ultra:

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/cyberstore/upgrade_1_en_US.html

When the above upgrade link page will open then we suggest you to select the "Upgrade to PowerDVD 9.0 Ultra from 7/8/9 Deluxe/Standard/bundled versions" option then click on the 'Add to Cart' button to continue.

When the above page will open then you will get two option the "Download" option and the "CD to Go" option. We suggest you to check the boxes against both the options to get the download version as well as the Backup CD of the software.

After pucahsing the full version software you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours in which you will receive the link to download and CD key to activate the software.

If you will face any issue in installing the upgrade then get back to us we will assist you to install the software and resolve the issue.

If issue persists, for immediate response, please use this reference:

>> http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp <<

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thanks and Regards

CyberLink Technical Support

What I find funny is prior to installing this patch it worked for a few minutes when I installed CyberLinkPowerDVD_Ultra_3319f, and then CyberLink.4617a_TaRe38_DVD081201-07.

So if you want to use Powerdvd 7.3 Ultra for HD DVD playback you're pretty much SOL.
Simon [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2008 06:39 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
One reason I'm keeping my HTPC on Vista and I also have a large collection of HD DVD's so I need to keep 7.3 as well to play them although I may look into getting a second hand EP35 at some stage.

Mind you when I install the 5711 patch blu-ray's play OK (not that I use 7.3 to play BD disks because 9 has the HD audio bitstreaming option) but when I try to play a HD DVD it disables my Auzen HomeTheater HD card and I have restart it to get the card working again.

Ended up going back to 4407 which is the last version that plays HD DVD's properly.
STEFAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2009 08:03 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I used PowerDVD 7.3 under Windows 7 RTM (academic license) for a month without any issues. The only issue I had with PowerDVD was the antivirus triggering specially after installing the 5711 build patch. I had to effectivelly uninstall (it did not help to put PowerDVD on the antivirus/games white list) the antivirus (BitDefender 2010) to get PowerDVD working on one of my machines. I had the same antivirus triggering issue/compatibility on Windows XP Pro SP3 as well.

Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
Intel C2D E8500
Saphire Radeon 4870 1 GB DDR5
Realtek 889 HD Audio
Kingston 4 GB HyperX DDR 2 1066 MHz CL5
HDDs (3 Seagates) and ODDs (ASUS BD-1206PT and DRW-2014L1T) set on SATA AHCI

Regards,

Stefan
Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2009 19:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
that is what cyberlink is trying to tell me as well - not supported version 7.3 - HOWEVER, as early as last June 2009 it did work just fine on RC windows 7 ultimate 64 bit - however, they are now FORCING me to upgrade by telling me it isnt supported, never has been, never will be - BUT it did work once upon a time but not anymore

all I keep getting is activate (which doesnt work) or upgrade for a fee - THAT is not playing nice - they are brute forcing me to upgrade for the fee - it worked earlier with SAME OS why not now ?????????

My thinking is, if it worked in the past, make it work again right now - and it did work in the past just not now after not watching a blu ray for a cupl months - cant even watch DVDs now either - that is how underhanded they have gotten in my opinion
ZR1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2010 20:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have been useing power dvd 7 on windows vista 32. I have now install windows 7 64 and purchased power dvd 9 upgrade. I can't install power dvd 7 to windows 7 to than aply my power dvd 9 upgrade. On top of that I've tried to submit the queastion to custmer service but the from won't send, it just says wrong code over and over. I've tried puting the verify code in 35 time nothing. So can anyone help? I started with power dvd 6 ultra, upgraded to 7 and am now trying to upgrade to 9 but can't because when I try to upgrade power dvd 6 ultra (that works on widows 7 by they way) to power dvd 7 to then upgrade to 9 I get the code 1603.
Martin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2010 20:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
It worked perfectly with Win7 until it forced an update to 5711 now it will no longer play Blu-rays. Which means it is compatible but the 5711 update makes it incompatible. Hmmm?
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

I have Windows 7 Ultimate and can install incompatible programs in Windows Virtual PC/XP mode which is an add-on available with Ultimate or Pro editions.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots