Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NewBlue Giveaway Essentials 5 Volume 3
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
NewBlue fx users that have registered and subscribed to their mail should find a link to the plugin: Essentials 5 Volume 3 for $99 this month and a code to get it free.

I installed it and was unable to start PD17 afterwards without it crashing right after the splash screen. These are the packs sold by authorized NB dealers and not the ones installed in previous versions of PowerDirector. This same pack shows up in the other editors and works fine but not in PD17. Have obtained a PD365 subscription but is now reluctant to install it on this pc. Started a support ticket with NB on this matter.
keithwjones [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2019 18:53 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for post I was wondering about it causing problems.

I got it but did not instal.

Keith

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2021 10:29

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Wasn't the NB library used in PD specifically designed for PD?
Let's face it, we never could use the NB stabilizer or full Titler in PD. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have received responses from NB support and supplied them with relevant info. This is a response from today:

Hi Tommy,
Unfortunately, this is a known bug that started occurring after the latest update of PowerDirector that we have not determined a solution as of yet. Our developers are working on this with high priority.

Your request is being put on hold until we have a resolution. At that time, we will contact you with further instructions. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

I did follow up that I am reporting this on a previous version of PowerDirector. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2021 20:21

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I had posted all the links to the NB Giveaways during the PD19 period. After PD20/365 came out, I believe users reported that NB plugins purchased no longer work in PD20/365. Cyberlink created a patch to allow some classic NB plugins purchased before to work in PD20/365.

NewBlue Support issued a hotfix in late January this year for the above to work in PowerDirector.I did not reinstall and do the hotfix. Did not want to do a backup of my C drive which takes many hours to restore just to see if it works or causes problems with my other editors. I know other users purchased other NB packs and are given the same hotfix.