Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Updates requiring CAM
[Post New]
To update to this version, launch the CyberLink Application Manager (CAM) program and then click the Download button next to PowerDirector on the My Programs tab. If you do not have CAM installed, you can download it for free here:

I am displeased that I now have to install another program on my computer to download the updates. Why doesn't PD integrate the updates in their program if they insist on "hiding" the updates?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22. 2021 07:22

Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
To update to this version, launch the CyberLink Application Manager (CAM) program and then click the Download button next to PowerDirector on the My Programs tab. If you do not have CAM installed, you can download it for free here:

I am displeased that I now have to install another program on my computer to download the updates. Why doesn't PD integrate the updates in their program if they insist on "hiding" the updates?

I feel your pain.

Unfortunately there are some people who want to wait until all the bugs are worked out before they update the program. Some simply do not feel that the updates are worthwhile so they wait until there is an update that they want to install. Having the CAM allows people who want to wait the option to do so.

I guess CyberLink could push the option to users but then those who do not wish to update would have an annoying pop-up every time they try to access the program (unless they choose an option to "Not Show This Again" which would defeat the purpose all together).

CyberLink can't win no matter how they handle the update issue. There will always be a group of people who are unhappy with the process. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
[Post New]
I wonder what prompted this change and they didn't leave it as it was before. Manual downloads from a link on their site.

Now is another layer, a special updating software "CAM". That's what I personally think is too much.