Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Build 2207 General avaliability
mavrrick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2009 11:51 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Well i finally got a good anser from support about my WTV questions. It appears they expect to have full support with build 2207. I saw some threads talking about it being distributed for testing, but do we have any idea on General Avaliability.
Cat.Man
Senior Member Location: Romania Joined: Jul 29, 2009 01:09 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Craig!
I understand that this build 2207 not appeared yet, did not let the market?
Is only in testing?

Sincerely Catalin. God is my only Master and my family is my only treasure!
donbroadband
Member Location: Caldy, Wirral UK Joined: Aug 06, 2009 06:04 Messages: 119 Offline
[Post New]
I have now recieved 2207 and it is a vast improvement over everything we had before (Rendering AVCHD now appears to work for me!). I am sorely dissapointed that I had to find out about it via the forum but having contacted Tech support they did supply me with a copy.
I have tested it on an ATOM N330 system (very underpowered for this kind of work - but it was built as a low energy media server) as I had sent my I7 system back to the suppliers to check the components out. My lack of success in getting PD8 to work had made me suspect the system EVEN though it had no problems with anything else!
Having rendered my movie I needed to find some software that would play the m2ts file back ok. I tried DVD 9 and VCL and WMP but in the end found a program called Splash that is absolutely stunning and its free.

From the discussions on the forum which, as a result of the fragile state of PD8 seems to have been diverted from its main purpose as a discussion and help centre on "How to'" to a problem solving, product complaint forum.

The forum is great and we would be in a sad state without the help of Dafydd, Adrian etc, etc but in my opinion it needs to be able to get back to its original purpose whilst support and QA at Cyberlink get their act together.

Don

ASUS P6T SE, ATI Radeon 4870, 3Gb DDr3 , i7/920, 2 x500Gb
Windows 7 64bit, XP Pro 64bit, Xp Pro 32 bit Gigabyte I7/4940 O/C 4.3, Noctua Cooler 10GB DDR3, 4 x 1TB, 1TB SSD, Geoforce GTX660 TI 8500W PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Donald,

When you use the Splash player do you see any distortion along the very bottom edge when playing AVCHD files from PD8 using build 2207? I get this from files rendered using PD, but not from the original files from the camera. I've used Media Center Classic and with ffdshow and have gotten good results playing PD8 AVCHD with no distortion. You just have to make sure it is configured correctly and hardware acceleration from your video card will kick in.

I agree that the newest build is a vast improvement over the previous one. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
I agree, this has been the best build so far. Still a few things to address but a move in the right direction!

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
donbroadband
Member Location: Caldy, Wirral UK Joined: Aug 06, 2009 06:04 Messages: 119 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James,
I have to say I was so elated (overwhelmed!) that PD8 actually created an m2ts file that worked I didn't pay too much attention to the quality.
Having studied your comments I will investigate more fully. An additional problem I had was that the Intel Atom 330 didn't appear to have enough grunt to properly play the M2ts files using any of the other applications, they were very jerky whereas Splash seemed to play really well.
The files have to be playable on this machine as it will be the media PC connected to my Panasonic Plasma TV and also the (music) media server for the house.

Will get back to you,

Regards,

Don Gigabyte I7/4940 O/C 4.3, Noctua Cooler 10GB DDR3, 4 x 1TB, 1TB SSD, Geoforce GTX660 TI 8500W PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
donbroadband
[Post New]
Hi James,
You are absolutely correct - the bottom part of the picture (last few "lines") does indeed show distortion - I had not spotted this. I have downloaded FFDshow and Media Player Classic (first the chzeck one but eventually one in English!). Having installed both of these I cannot get them to work. I obviously am not doing something right.
What do I do? Install FFdshow first and then MPC - I don't really understand how they interact. I will obviously have to resort to RTFM ("read the flippin' manual")
Any guidance you may have (or places to point me to) would be most welcome.

Don Gigabyte I7/4940 O/C 4.3, Noctua Cooler 10GB DDR3, 4 x 1TB, 1TB SSD, Geoforce GTX660 TI 8500W PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
donbroadband
[Post New]
Having gone back through the posting I came across yours James, which refers to K-Lite. I have downloaded the latest version of this along with the Player (as a pack) and have installed it. I am still having problems getting it to work - I am not sure what settings to use in FFD and the player - this is much harder to install than Splash - Is anyone able to help with the settings?
Thanks in advance,

James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
I totally agree that media center classic through the K-Lite codec pack is much harder to use.

Here is the link to the media center classic site and the specific page about hardware acceleration.

http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/DXVASupport.html

The version which comes with the K-Lite codec pack may not be the latest version of media center classic. I ended up uninstalling the entire codec pack and media center classic. Then I downloaded media center classic from the link above. Finally, I reinstalled the latest version of the K-lite codec pack, but choose not to include media center classic in the installation. Then I was able to get hardware acceleration to work. I included some screen shots of my setup for reference.

When playing your video monitor your CPU usage. In my case my CPU rarely exceeds 5% when playing 24 Mb/s AVCHD if hardware acceleration is working.
-----------------------
I noticed an error in my caption. For the second media center classic image it should say the one highlighted on the right indicates DXVA, not the one on the left.
-----------------------

BTW: I'm also interested in your setup. I plan on building my own HTPC and I may consider an ATOM build for this. Currently at ATOM ION (NVIDIA graphics) platform is suitable for this.
[Thumb - media center classic screen shot 1.JPG]
 Filename
media center classic screen shot 1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Media Center Classic 1
 Filesize
70 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
184 time(s)
[Thumb - ffdshow screenshot.JPG]
 Filename
ffdshow screenshot.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
ffdshow
 Filesize
82 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
196 time(s)
[Thumb - media center classic screen shot 2.JPG]
 Filename
media center classic screen shot 2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Media Center Classic 2 I wasn't sure about all of these, but you can see what I checked. The one highlighted in blue on the left indicated DXVA and thats for hardware acceleration.
 Filesize
70 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
197 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Oct 20. 2009 17:10

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
James W
[Post New]
I just did some more testing with the Splash player. If your computer has a good enough CPU, you can disable GPU acceleration and the distortion goes away (I have an nvidia 9500 GT). I'm using a quad core Q9300 and without GPU acceleration, two of my cores are maxed out when playing 1920x1080i AVCHD 24 Mb/s video, but the quality is excellent without skipping. When I turn GPU acceleration back on, it get the distortion along the bottom edge.

-----------------------
Donald, if you need further assistance feel free to send me a PM. This thread has gotten away from its original purpose.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2009 17:38

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
mavrrick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2009 11:51 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am glad you have figured out the distortion problem but I haven't heard anyone say anthing about if they have heard a date for 2207 to be generally avaliable.

Has anyone heard when the next update for PD8 may be coming. I am just trying to figure out what i am going to do as i am atleast waiting for the WTV support i was told to expect in 2207.
donbroadband
[Post New]
I have read somewhere else on the forum (from Dafydd) that the trial download is now based on 2207. If this is true (and knowing Dafydd it will be) you could simply download the trial and put your licence number in - you will then have 2207?

donbroadband
[Post New]
Hi Craig,
I have just gone on to Cyberlinks trial download (from CNET) and it is still 2013 - sorry I obviously gave you bad info, my apologies. Have you tried registering a tech support request setting out your problems and asking for the update - it worked for me.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Donald,

OK, I think it was "OntheWeb" who made that observation. Currently the trial is 2013 and i think that's the crux of the problem at the moment.

Online support should assist here. I don't really want to be swamped by members asking me for the latest build. There is a security need for me to ask for proof of purchase and then write a number of emails, wait for a response etc. Very time consuming for me.

The information required by myself and on-line support is the same - the request should be:
Please provide the latest build version of PowerDirector 8:
Order number
Full name
Email address given at time of purchase.

That's all I need in one hit - and what online support needs.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21. 2009 05:12

Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm not sure that build 2207 will go on general release. I think that is has only been circulated to a limited number of people for testing.

I'm guessing therefore that the general release will be an even later build, once reported bugs have been addressed.

Cheers,

Andrew

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
donbroadband
[Post New]
Hi, Firstly an apology to Dafydd for misquoting him and I sympathise and totally agree with his position that he has no wish to end up as the channel for issueing software
2207 is what I expected PD8 to be like initially, I am sure experts, rather than a newbie like myself will still discover "facilities" they don't want/need. But all this discussion and hassle could have been avoided if Cyberlink where more open, IMO they had no right to issue such a shoddy product as 1930 on to the unsuspecting customer. It will take a long time for them to get their image/credibility back as far as I am concerned. I do understand market pressures and a need to get to market early to beat the competition but this was plain stupid.