Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Email short videos
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
With Windows, Android and IPad, which small file video format is the most suited to 'all'. MP4 has large file sizes, AVI is OK but often cannot be played due to lack of a programme installed in receivers device eg VLC.

I only need to send short video greetings to a mixed device group, sending small file sizes due to our broadband limitations.
Thanks Ron CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote With Windows, Android and IPad, which small file video format is the most suited to 'all'. MP4 has large file sizes, AVI is OK but often cannot be played due to lack of a programme installed in receivers device eg VLC.

I only need to send short video greetings to a mixed device group, sending small file sizes due to our broadband limitations.
Thanks Ron

This is a good question. Mp4 is universally accepted on all current smartphones that I know of. Try this: The next time you want to produce a video of small file sizes, go say Produce/Device/ Android. The default 320 x 180/30p (512 Kbps) should be good enough for small phone screens.

The Produce/Device/Apple/iphone selections look to be about the same that you can use. You can increase the Profile name/Quality to the desired.

The Produce/Standard 2D/Windows Media/320x240/30p (160 Kbps) works with Windows for a small file size. I have posted it in the PD Forums as an attachment when small file sizes are required. Unfortunately my android phone photos default player doesn’t play them. I have a different player installed that will play them.

I believe most people have an android phone. Choose your desired selection.
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]

This is a good question. Mp4 is universally accepted on all current smartphones that I know of. Try this: The next time you want to produce a video of small file sizes, go say Produce/Device/ Android. The default 320 x 180/30p (512 Kbps) should be good enough for small phone screens.

The Produce/Device/Apple/iphone selections look to be about the same that you can use. You can increase the Profile name/Quality to the desired.

The Produce/Standard 2D/Windows Media/320x240/30p (160 Kbps) works with Windows for a small file size. I have posted it in the PD Forums as an attachment when small file sizes are required. Unfortunately my android phone photos default player doesn’t play them. I have a different player installed that will play them.

I believe most people have an android phone. Choose your desired selection.

Thanks for these tips ... hope that this is of help to others who 'group email videos'
Cheers Ron CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"