Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD still not working with USB TV Tuner (even latest stick)
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
So, PD 15 never worked with my (old) Diamond brand USB TV Tuner. I figured it was "my" fault for having an old, off brand USB TV Tuner.

So then I bought a new Hauppauge USB TV Tuner for my new (used) Dell Win10 box.

Then I recently upgraded to PD 18.

Unfortunately, PD 18 still does not work with my Tuner.

Same error message as before. (Something like PD cannot communicate with the tuner.)

So I don't think it's my fault anymore.

(I suppose I should write up a Support Ticket.)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So, PD 15 never worked with my (old) Diamond brand USB TV Tuner. I figured it was "my" fault for having an old, off brand USB TV Tuner.

So then I bought a new Hauppauge USB TV Tuner for my new (used) Dell Win10 box.

Then I recently upgraded to PD 18.

Unfortunately, PD 18 still does not work with my Tuner.

Same error message as before. (Something like PD cannot communicate with the tuner.)

So I don't think it's my fault anymore.

(I suppose I should write up a Support Ticket.)

Your supposing is right. If you can't get it the Hauppauge to work then it may be necessary to contact tech support to help or to get a patch started for PD18 to make it work.

It works perfect in my HTPC in which I hardly use anymore since TV broadcast is 2k and my newer TV, newer cameras are 4k now. See this thread and the screenshot I posted with the atsc tuner in PD9 capture: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47775.page .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 09. 2020 01:17

pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the confirmation. I also have it working in Windows Media Center (using the hack for Win10).

So I can still record movies from TV to the proprietary wtv (?) format in WMC, and then convert them to mp4 using PD. But of course it would be easier to just do a straight capture into PD.

I also realize that CL might not be very motivated to fix this problem, since OTA TV is rather obsolete as far as HD is concerned.