Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unstable preview and packed project issues
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I seem to have a knack for finding obscure but debilitating bugs in PD these days

Here's a twofer: a project where PD constantly changes preview frames when it's supposed to be sitting idly, and an issue when that project is packed where the applied masks still exist but don't have a shape selected so they are missing from the timeline preview.

Here's the first issue, and I promise this video starts with PD idle and not actively previewing anything. This one's a real WTF is going on here? problem:

This issue is quite particular with regard to the trigger conditions. If the scrubber is before or after the color boards and text, everything is normal. Same if you remove (or simply move) any of the clips on tracks 2-4 so they don't overlap. Swapping out content had no impact in my testing, which is why I've gone with standard clips.

Disabling any of the tracks has no impact, nor does removing the hundreds of titles on the title track showing which individual frame is being previewed. Without those as a reference, though, it's very hard to see how badly PD is jumping around when it's supposed to be rock solid.

Two other things I noticed: the crazy preview only happens when the timeline is in Movie mode. Click on Clip and the preview goes right back to the selected frame. Click on Movie again and digital schizophrenia ensues.

It's also interesting that PD isn't actually skipping around the entire timeline - it's only moving through the skateboard clip and the title frames - the "Rising Text" title that moves up between the first timeline markers doesn't move at all unless you do a normal preview past that section.

Since this is so repeatable, I wanted to pack the project so CL and anyone on the forum could check it out. However, when I checked the packed version, the preview was completely different (even though the frame jumping was still happening).

I took a closer look, and it turns out that somehow the packed project changed the mask settings for the two color board clips. The mask is still present on each clip, but it has no shape selected so it doesn't appear in the timeline. Here's what I mean:

I've included both the original and packed versions in this OneDrive folder. Note that both projects will take a while to load due to all the titles, but the previews will look completely different. You will have to browse for the Skateboard clip in the original project, however once it's open you'll see that it matches the video while the packed version does not.

Both show the crazy preview, though, and I've set the scrubber so that you'll probably make this face as soon as the project loads: surprised

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have reported the issue to CL on ticket CS002084740.

I saw the issue on 2 different machines running PD365, but it would still be helpful if other people loaded the test projects and confirmed the behavior and/or described any additional anomalies. It would help to know if one or both of these problems also occur with the perpetual version (PD1.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
I checked your project here, it happens exactly the same. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
optodata
[Post New]
Thank you for checking. Do you have the subscription version?

YouTube/optodata

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for checking. Do you have the subscription version?

Since AVPlayVideo signature has Windows 10-64Pro / PD18 v365, surely assume he has subscription version.

The preview issue present in PD18, 2028 perpetual release as well.

Jeff
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for confirming. I'll post back once I hear back from tech support.

YouTube/optodata

optodata
[Post New]
Update: CL has confirmed the issue and has escalated it to their engineering team.

YouTube/optodata