Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Looking for "Laser Eteched Title" (?) Effect
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
This question could go under any of the PD Indexes. But since I have PD15, I'll put it here.

I'm about to make a semi-professional video to pitch a new idea to a company.

I am looking for a canned title effect that, for lack of a better way to express it, I call the Laser (or Plasma) Etch effect.

UPDATE 2: I see an Effect in PD15 called "Blur Right." That is almost the effect that I am looking for. Execpt that, instead of the beam tracing out the Title from the right, I would like the beam shooting out from the lower center of the screen, as below.

I've seen it on TV - either in commercials or promos for TV shows. It's like a beam starting from the center bottom of the screen, and the beam articulates from the center bottom to the title area, to make the letters of a title, in script, from left to right. (US English.)

It would be like watching a LASER beam, or the electron beam from inside a cathode ray tube, trace out a title on a screen.

I can see it in my head, but don't know how to describe it any better. I don't even know how I would search for this effect here in the forum or on youtube. IIRC, I've seen it used at the end of a movie or TV show to title out the name of the Production Company. Or maybe I've seen it on PBS, where it fires off the iniials PBS.

I suppose I can sketch out how it kinda looks on paper and post that here if needs be.

Anyway, if someone has an idea for a canned effect, I would appreciate hearing. I can't even imagine how I would key frame such a thing if I could draw it from raw elements. So it would have to be canned for my current need.

Update: As I think more about it, this might be an animation, more appropriate for Blender. But I ask anyway. (If it is a Blender thing, then anyone got a .blend file for me?)

TIA.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 11. 2019 19:16