Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT issues in PD17
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Have not been able to utilize SVRT in my projects created in PD17. SVRT worked well in earlier versions of PD. In a project where I have mixed clips from a Nikon camera capturing jpg images and mov videos. Alt-S on the timeline show no custom profile available in the Nikon svrt1 screenshot.

Removed the 7 images and last video clip and then six custom profiles are available. No video rendering needed (all green) in the 2nd screenshot.

In the Produce page, I selected MP4, MPEG-4 1920 x 1080/30p (16 Mbps). The SVRT checkbox is grayed out as shown in the 3rd screenshot. This is the selection that works in the earlier versions of PD for this camera video clips. There was no need to click the Intelligent SVRT button.

Click the Profile Analyzer and a Custom Profile-1 is created. The Fast video rendering technology become checked and SVRT is enabled for M2TS, instead of MP4. M2TS is an AVCHD video format for creating a Blu-Ray disc. There is no such thing as a 1920 x 1080/30p in the Blu-ray spec. but PD17 creates it. 1920 x 1080/60i is in the spec. 1920 x 1080/60p is in the AVCHD II specs.

I have the same issues as above with AVCHD 1080/60p 28 Mbps camcorder video clips that worked well with SVRT in previous versions of PD but don’t work if I add still images on the timeline.

There is a loss in sharpness and increase in production time because my PD17 projects must be 100% rerendered.

Attached screenshots continued on next post.
[Thumb - Nikon svrt3.jpg]
 Filename
Nikon svrt3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
My produce settings for MP4
 Filesize
480 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
54 time(s)
[Thumb - Nikon svrt1.jpg]
 Filename
Nikon svrt1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
1. No SVRT with mixed timeline.
 Filesize
417 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
51 time(s)
[Thumb - Nikon svrt2.jpg]
 Filename
Nikon svrt2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
2. SVRT available with video timeline.
 Filesize
367 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
55 time(s)
[Post New]
I don't think this is an issue, SVRT can be used in certain formats/profiles only, not everywhere. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You're right, tomasc. If I drop any number of .mts clips on the timeline, some 60p and some 30p, the SVRT options highlight the appropriate tracks as green where no rendering will happen. As soon as I place a single photo anywhere on the timeline, when I refresh the SVRT track it's completely red.

In PD14, placing a photo anywhere on the timeline simply makes that section red, while some other portion is always green, like this:

EDIT: Full size image here

However, if I do the exact same thing in PD17, it's all red:

EDIT: full size image here

Interestingly, if I delete the photo and leave a gap at the start, the SVRT remains 100% red, but if I move the clips to the begining (but still with no photos), the SVRT track works.

In summary, if there are ANY photos on the timeline, OR if the video clips start even a single frame away from the start of the timeline, then SVRT in PD17 is completely inoperable.

This certainly seems like an issue for Cyberlink to look into!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 20. 2018 13:45

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't even need to use any specific format clips for the video - even these two sample clips show the problem clearly!

More weird behavior is shown in this double-speed screen capture.

As far as I can tell, some conditions simply don't trigger a full SVRT analysis, which results in an all red track.

Other conditions do trigger a full analysis (when you see the "Analyse SVRT (80%)" window for a couple seconds), and they are much more likely to have an all green result. Sometimes, though there are red sections after a full analysis, even though the clips are identical!

Definitely some things not working correctly here... Thanks for posting about this!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2018 01:44

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

optodata
[Post New]
I've submitted this issue to tech support, and referenced this thread. The ticket # is CS001945721

YouTube/optodata

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you optodata for looking into this and your work in pursuing this issue so far. I have viewed the YouTube video you posted. I started a test svrt project in a previous version of PD and will render it as a test on both to show the difference in rendering time. I made additional checks to see what is needed in PD17 to get SVRT to work. I saved the project in which I posted the previous 4 screenshots. Here are additional findings:

Add a fade transition between any two clips on the timeline and the SVRT is not available on all the clips on the timeline. See screenshot #5.

Add a title below any clip and the SVRT is not available on any clips in the project. See screenshot #6.

Trim the backend of the 4th clip on the timeline and SVRT is available. Also trim the beginning of the 5th clip and SVRT is available. See screenshot #7. This is good.

Place a fx (Blur) 0n any clip and SVRT is not available in the project. See screenshot #8.

Place a PiP Object (Art) and SVRT is not available. SVRT is available if (Around the World) is used. See screenshot #9. Some may work.

Place a Particle (10_Flower) and SVRT is again not available in the project. See Screenshot #10.

It looks like that SVRT is available in a PD17 project timeline if video clips are trimmed, and certain PiP objects are used. It is not available if any transitions, titles, fx, some PiP objects, or particles are used anywhere in a project.

attachments continued on next post.
[Thumb - Nikon svrt6.jpg]
 Filename
Nikon svrt6.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Added one title. No SVRT.
 Filesize
336 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
48 time(s)
[Thumb - Nikon svrt5.jpg]
 Filename
Nikon svrt5.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Added one transition. No SVRT.
 Filesize
376 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
45 time(s)
[Thumb - Nikon svrt7.jpg]
 Filename
Nikon svrt7.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Trimed two clips. SVRT available.
 Filesize
341 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
48 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2018 19:36

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hope that Cyberlink can help with this matter as SVRT is not available in the whole timeline when any transition, title, fx, particles are used only on a small portion of a single clip.
[Thumb - Nikon svrt8.jpg]
 Filename
Nikon svrt8.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Added fx. No SVRT.
 Filesize
297 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
46 time(s)
[Thumb - Nikon svrt10.jpg]
 Filename
Nikon svrt10.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Added particle. No SVRT.
 Filesize
456 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
44 time(s)
[Thumb - Nikon svrt9.jpg]
 Filename
Nikon svrt9.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Added PiP object (Art). No SVRT.
 Filesize
384 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
45 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Fascinating. So many little items and trivial changes completely throw off the analysis.

CL tech support responded with a specific list of conditions when SVRT can and can't be used - which is quite helpful - but doesn't address the issue we're discussing here. I have responded with more info (including these new discoveries), and asked that the issue be escalated.

YouTube/optodata

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Created a PD14 1 hour BD project using 1080/60p M2TS video clips and all the assets of a transitioin,PiP, particle, title, fx, image in my previous two posts. It has a menu, 18 chapters. SVRT workload Reduced is 97.72% as shown in screenshot. Create Disc/Burn to Folder is 19 min. 41 sec.

The same project imported to PD17 took 1 hr. 12 min. as shown in the screenshot. The first 6 min. of rendering is to create the menu, 60/(19.68-6) = 4.38 x realtime for SVRT active in PD14 and 60/(72.46-6) = 0.92 x realtime for SVRT not active in PD17.
[Thumb - SVRT test17a.jpg]
 Filename
SVRT test17a.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PD17 Create Disc Authoring finished in 72 minutes.
 Filesize
330 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
48 time(s)
[Thumb - SVRT test14a.jpg]
 Filename
SVRT test14a.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PD14 Create Disc Authoring finished in 19 minutes.
 Filesize
325 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
47 time(s)
[Thumb - SVRT test14t.jpg]
 Filename
SVRT test14t.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PD14 timeline showing SVRT working.
 Filesize
522 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
45 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Got a response from Cyberlink support about the svrt issue on this support ticket: CS001946805: “We are able to reproduce the issue in our lab. An engineer is assigned to check the issue.”

After further inquiry, got this response: “With regard to your previous concern, we would like to inform you that the issue has been fixed in the beta patch v2224. Please download and install the beta patch via the forum link below as for temporary solution:”

I have been producing projects in PD17 with a workaround to avoid all features in this software and use a previous version of PD when assets like transitions, titles, particles, images, etc. are desired.
optodata
[Post New]
I'm really glad to hear that they've fixed the issue. I wish there was a way to apply beta patches to the subscription version, too, but I guess I'll just have to wait for the released patch to use SVRT again.

For my current projects, I'm using many of PD17 new features and it's not worth it to go back to PD14 just to save a few minutes on producing. It will be very nice to have it working properly in PD17, though!

YouTube/optodata

pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
After seeing the 2419 beta patch for PD17 - which says it fixed a lot of things - I decided to try PD17 Essentials. ("Upgrading" from PD15.)

From what I'm seeing, SVRT in PD17 took a giant step backward.

Just like the O.P.'s O.P., SVRT profiles that worked for me in PD15 are not offered by SVRT in PD17.
For example, I have an oddball output from OBS when I do screen capture. It's 768x432 (nstead of Screen Recorder's 720x480. Apparently OBS does not do a work around for DAR, so I have to use an oddball resolution to get 16:9.)

SVRT in PD15 has no problem with this oddball format and I can produce a 1.5 hour video in 1.5 minutes using SVRT.

Whereas in PD17 Essentials - which is still in the 30-day "full feature" window, and so should be the same as full blown PD17 - doesn't offer SVRT for this resolution. Profile Analyzer does a good job of offering a good format for rendering it. But then I am forced to render on the CPU. (So, 11 minutes.)

And strangely, when I work on a video captured by Screen Recorder (2), I get a green band for the SVRT channel in the Time Line mode. But when I click on SVRT in Produce, it doesn't green out in the profile.

Since there is this thread discussing SVRT isues in PD17, I'm assuming it's not just me?

Another thing, related to this: It seems that the Profiles have also taken a giant step backward. I don't see as many lower resolution profiles offered anymore. Related to above, I don't see 720x480. Isn't that a common DVD resolution?

It's true that when I go to Produce a 720x480 video captured by Screen Recorder the Profile Analyzer will get it right and offer 720x480. Which I suppose will add that Profile to my collection.

Still, seems like a regression to me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 23. 2018 03:22

FrankFlorida [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2018 12:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Where can I find the "the 2419 beta patch for PD17"? I am searching it for the past hour with no sucess.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Looks like the old beta patch has been taken down there is a new v2720 beta patch available if you want to try it. There is nothing in the release notes about any fixes for the svrt issues.