Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Request default rotation for Clock Transition be Clockwise
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
Admittedly a small nit, and perhaps it's already been changed in PD16 or 17. But shouldn't the default Clock transition in PD15 be Clockwise instead of the default Counterclockwise? I mean, you use the Clock transition when you're showing that time has passed between transitions. So the clock should move forward. Not backward.

It's one of those little ergonomic things that make one brand of software stand out from another.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mike -

You'd already know that you can switch it to clockwise, I'm sure...

I wouldn't have a clue how to make that the default, but you wouldn't think it'd be too difficult for a coder.

... and no - PDR16 & 17 are both the same in that respect.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, I know I can change it. It's just that I have to do it everytime I use the transition. (And I use the Clock transition a lot.)

Too bad that CL hasn't 'fixed' this in 16 or 17. I'm sure it was no more difficult to write the code so that the transition went CW instead of CCW. But a coder has to consider every decision they make when they set defaults.

It helps if the person coding is also a user. But I've seen my share of non-pilot engineers designing airplanes. With similar unintuitive results.